What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For all you guys using Cat Dash in combos try to use Cat Claws instead when possible. It does a little more damage and the combos are the same. B+3 after Claws is just a bit harder.

Also I cannot stress how important d+1~Cat Claws is. Start practicing this now.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Who do ppl use to practice combos on since I have been reading that some combos don't work on everyone?

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
GGA 16 Bit she has two evade stances (high and low). But i couldnt figure out what should i do to activate low evade (db2,u). Or it only works when ur opponent tries low on you?

Pound IC

Noob
For all you guys using Cat Dash in combos try to use Cat Claws instead when possible. It does a little more damage and the combos are the same. B+3 after Claws is just a bit harder.

What control scheme do you use? I'm using negative edge off with mk inputs and i'm really struggling to hit d+1~anything with any characters. I tried SF inputs for a while but they're too hard on the pad =/

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
Anyone else ending meterless combos with 1,2,2? Sacrifices minimal damage and puts them in an untechable knockdown just past sweep distance

lslick

What control scheme do you use? I'm using negative edge off with mk inputs and i'm really struggling to hit d+1~anything with any characters. I tried SF inputs for a while but they're too hard on the pad =/
I use :
1, 2, 3, MB
Trait, Grab, Interactable, Flip Stance

I do get whip by accident when I want to go for cat claws using the MK buttons since they are similar inputs =[. I put interactable and flip stance are the far bottom side because they are less used compared to the other buttons in the game. You can hit super easily since they are on top of each other.

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
I just fought a pretty decent Flash today but I couldn't close the gap between me and him. He'd use his forward torpedo move then, occasionally spam his anti-air. He's very mobile and, since I can't rely on dash canceling in this game, my brain is having a difficult time trying to close small gaps or adjusting my spacing so that I can hit him with my J2 even. Also, I read here that a good option upon opponent wake up is the B1,2,? 50/50 she has.

If I can only figure out how to consistently close the gap and how to react against highly mobile characters I should be good...

lslick

I just fought a pretty decent Flash today but I couldn't close the gap between me and him. He'd use his forward torpedo move then, occasionally spam his anti-air. He's very mobile and, since I can't rely on dash canceling in this game, my brain is having a difficult time trying to close small gaps or adjusting my spacing so that I can hit him with my J2 even. Also, I read here that a good option upon opponent wake up is the B1,2,? 50/50 she has.

If I can only figure out how to consistently close the gap and how to react against highly mobile characters I should be good...
I actually had a hard time trying to close the gap on flash as well since the person I was playing again was playing a hit and run style of Flash. Pretty much all I did was dash carefully and block honestly. Once the gap was closed, I used b1,2, d3 and f3 as well as b2 which I think is Mileena's overhead kick to mix the strings up

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
I actually had a hard time trying to close the gap on flash as well since the person I was playing again was playing a hit and run style of Flash. Pretty much all I did was dash carefully and block honestly. Once the gap was closed, I used b1,2, d3 and f3 as well as b2 which I think is Mileena's overhead kick to mix the strings up
B2 is definitely Milly's overhead kick. That move's burned in my mind lol

lslick

Has anyone tried to do use the evade against jump-ins? I just want to know if you can block in time against ground strings cause it just came to mind but I can't test it right now

*Edit, Does anyone know if each character has different wakeup speed's similar to SF4AE?

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
Has anyone tried to do use the evade against jump-ins? I just want to know if you can block in time against ground strings cause it just came to mind but I can't test it right now

*Edit, Does anyone know if each character has different wakeup speed's similar to SF4AE?
Nah it doesnt seem like you can evade jump ins

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
also for some reason it seems like all of harley's gunshots, including her lows and her sweep, are all evaded with the high evade

but you still evade deathstroke's low gun with low evade

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I have release check off and standard controls.

d+1~special is harder than it was in MK. Be precise but fast. Are you trying to do it from crouch?

Nevaro

Noob
Does anyone know if it's possible to do any kind of combo after she does her uppercut? It looks like it could be a high enough pop-up for one...

Pound IC

Noob
I have release check off and standard controls.

d+1~special is harder than it was in MK. Be precise but fast. Are you trying to do it from crouch?
Thanks. Yeah, usually I'm trying to do it from crouch. Getting a lot of whips instead of bf1. =/

For a while I was also having trouble getting cat stance down but then i figured out you pretty much have to push the second down at the same time as 3 to get it to work consistently.

I get alot of Evade when I try to counter a block string with a quick overhead. Frustrating to block a low string by crouch blocking and then press B2 only to have evade come out and get blown up. I haven't tried the SF layout yet though. mostly because I'm a mileena player so juggles into 112 BF2 MB are easy for me... exactly the same as 112 ex bite. :)

GGA 16 Bit - Holy crap dude. That F3 hard knock down set up into the 50/50 is amazing with the armored overhead.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Valuable info.

Does anyone know if evade is good for dodging strings. Like can you do a string and cancel into evade to bait a punish?
What are her best pressure options?
How is her corner pressure?

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
Despite what the frame data in the menu says, it seems life 1,1,2 ; cat claws ; and trait (no matter how many scratches) are all safe on block. I couldnt punish them with reversal lex corp charge or reversal lantern ring lift. 1,1,2 and cat claws were punishable by reversal superman super, but trait wasnt. so trait must be like -1 at worst.

Catwoman is a lot of fun in Injustice. But does she feel limited to anyone else? I mean c'mon, two evade type moves?!? Give me more offense :)

BTW, which of her target combos are the most useful?

Dude. You sacrifice 1% for the same combo into hard knock down by using the dash and it completely removes the chance of wiffing the B3.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Catwoman is a lot of fun in Injustice. But does she feel limited to anyone else? I mean c'mon, two evade type moves?!? Give me more offense :)

What else could you evade? I mean it covers highs and lows.

lslick

Her b.1,2,d.3 is really good since it starts with a low.

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
Her b.1,2,d.3 is really good since it starts with a low.

I've been focusing mostly on the B12D3 but I can't nail it on clutch situations. Thankfully, someone online was patient enough to play 10 matches with me until I finally nailed it in the last match haha.

I've been using B23 to change it up when my opponent's been expecting a B1, but I really don't know where to take that. Are there any overhead alternatives that people can recommend?

Also, I discovered that her forward dash is pretty damn fast, so I can get close enough to be able to hit then with either whip or a j2 to keep the pressure. That J2 is great for keeping people on the ground.