What's new

Picked up the game, need help choosing a character.

Hey, I just picked up Injustice and I'm having trouble on deciding on a character, mainly because I'm not sure how some of them play aside from the obvious ones like Deathstroke and Grundy. Anyone got a list of how the characters play? And personally I like midrange characters who can both zone/play agressive and also trap (I play Rose in Street Fighter 4).

Thanks!

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
You should just pick the character you like. I don't think anyone can dictate your style of play for you. The best I can tell you based on what you said is Aquaman.

Well that's the thing, I don't know how the characters play. I mean I might in theory like a character but realize in practice he plays totally different because the stuff I like doesn't work in a real match against a good player. I'm not good enough at this game to understand how each of the characters play correctly aside from the obvious ones IE Deathstroke is a zoner.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Well that's the thing, I don't know how the characters play. I mean I might in theory like a character but realize in practice he plays totally different because the stuff I like doesn't work in a real match against a good player. I'm not good enough at this game to understand how each of the characters play correctly aside from the obvious ones IE Deathstroke is a zoner.
Hmm, I can make a list, but it's ultimately better just to pick someone you like.

Rose kindaish:
Black Adam (Has her u2 on his trait, has great rushdown and good zoning, he's not frame trap heavy I THINK, but he's versatile.)

Batman (Might be the closest, his bats are really good at locking down, he's a great jack of all trades, and you can have a trap if you do an unsafe move then save your ass with bats. Kinda like an FADC off a unsafe fireball, has 1 far normal which is his b+2...something string that kinda resembles Rose's cr.strong, you just can't hit confirm into a special move off of it.)

Aquaman (Has GREAT mid range pokes, his pokes have the range of Rose's st.rh, st.fierce, and st.mk, doesn't trap but has Rose pokes.)

Lex Luthor (Has trap set ups from lex probes to lex mines and unblockable supers, his normals are pretty far too, his d+3/sweep is the range of Rose's sweep and he's really good at controlling space.)

I might be missing a character or two, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I understand. I just think it might be best for you to try all characters and then make a decision. Like I said, I think you will like the Aquaman and his beard of Neptune. Eh? Eh?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Just experiment in Practice mode. Game's only been out for 2 weeks, so nobody really fully knows how each character is meant to be played at the highest level. For example, people think Deathstroke is 100% a zoner, but he may very well evolve into a footsie-orientated character because of his lack of pushback. Simply figuring out the basics of each character on your own should be enough to tell which character you have the most fun with.

And really, that's all it should come down to: which character you play as and enjoy the most. Unless you want to play your favorite character or the best character in the game, who you don't enjoy playing as (not my thing). You shouldn't need anyone else to tell you how you should be playing your character either. =P

Thanks everyone for the responses. I appreciate any insights you give.

BTW anyone know how the Joker plays? For the life of him I can't figure it out aside from "Teeth setups are awesome"

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Thanks everyone for the responses. I appreciate any insights you give.

BTW anyone know how the Joker plays? For the life of him I can't figure it out aside from "Teeth setups are awesome"
According to Brady he has a very "spammy" offense. I've played Forever King's Joker and he's a good character if you know what you're doing, not very beginner friendly though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Aquaman, Black Adam, Green Lantern, and Raven come to mind. Honestly though I just like Raven, but her grabbity lets her start from a decent distance.