What's new

Petition to add Oderus Urungus (late GWAR singer) to Mortal Kombat X Receives over 28,000 votes

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I wouldn't call being able to do fatalities on this character disrespectful if you have seen the insanity tehse guys do on stage when they do a live show, it oddly would be a way to honor this guy. I don't like GWAR personally never dug the music and really don't wanna see him in MKX , but I can see why people want him, also he was a very influential singer in both metal and punk music today.

Guys this is a bit ridiculous. So what if he has 28,000 votes? You know, if there was a rumour that Leo Messi or C Ronaldo (yes its ridiculous) were being rumoured to be in the game, the votes would be hundreds of thousands, maybe over a million, just because of how popular these two athletes are in the world of sport. Doesn't mean they should be in the game. MK is not a popularity contest.

Also, the characters for this game were decided on a LONG time ago. I think some of you think that a DLC can be knocked up in a week and just introduced into the story some how. The future DLC has been decided for this game way in advance.

Would you guys vote for me if I was rumoured to be DLC?

Slymind

Noob
mk community stop this madness and focus on actual mk characters!

To each his own, but there already rumors of 2 guest characters(which is already too much imo), 3 would be even worse.

I get it, it's business, and guests = mass market money grab, but people who these kind of stuff appeals to, for the most part, are people who won't even stick to the game. Imo, they should focus on MK related characters, which i like to believe, is what the loyal fanbase likes.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Petition to add what? Sorry but no. No. Hell no. Not even in a million bazillion years no.

D

Deleted member 35141

I guess im not part of the cool club I don't know who the hell this is, even google search wrote back "ask me later"

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
You know what else got a ton of support? A kickstarter for someone to make potato salad. Just because something gets a lot of attention and support doesn't mean it makes any sense or that it was ever a good idea to support it just because it got a lot of attention.

I see the signatures more along the lines of people supporting the memory of someone they were a fan of. Those sigs...they may as well be for a petition saying they are just fans of someone they wish they'd get to experience more of. Its not a good idea to put him in this game considering folks will kill him brutally often. He'll become the next Fred Durst of videogames...ie someone shoved into a game with a fanbase that wasn't his who then was used as a punching bag in that game by the actual fans of that game series. Gwar has nothing to do with MK. Not only that but he is not very famous compared to someone like The Predator or Freddy Kreuger who they know they can make money off of.

DLC has to make money...like a lot. This guy isn't even someone today's folks recognize and when it comes to music you are either a fan or you are not of something. Honestly if you didn't grow up with Beavis and Butthead you likely didn't know Gwar anyhow. Attaching DLC to something as divisive as whether or not you like this guy because you know him and his work isn't smart.

Neat that folks like stuff, but trying to force them into something like this doesn't make sense. They should honestly just be focusing on when the band's next album will come up under the new front woman and go bother them. Gwar isn't a concern for MK fans. Its just a concern for Gwar fans.

Its a tribute. And disrespectful, give me a break, the GWAR family and fans would love it.

Oderus is a damn character.
Who the heck is gwar. Im a fan of MK and I dont want this stupid character in the game. I have to agree, killing a real person in a game over and over while hes dead in real life would be disrespectful.

This dumb concept keeps popping up, why would they reskin female model into a male? What about height differences? Everyone from MK1 is in the game playable, you all are in denial.
Who the heck is gwar. Im a fan of MK and I dont want this stupid character in the game. I have to agree, killing a real person in a game over and over while hes dead in real life would be disrespectful.

Do you kids even read AND comprehend what people are typing. He was a character. Being in the game would be a tribute. If you knew anything about the GWAR characters you would realize hes fits just as good as any fantasy killer people are requesting.

Use google and do some research before you post these pointless messages when you are clueless to what your are speaking about.

Saying its a stupid because you have no idea what the thread is asking makes you look so ignorant.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Its just amazing how terrible that idea is. I thought its impossible to think but I would gladly see Kobra over this abomination. So glad it wont happen...

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Do you kids even read AND comprehend what people are typing. He was a character. Being in the game would be a tribute. If you knew anything about the GWAR characters you would realize hes fits just as good as any fantasy killer people are requesting.

Use google and do some research before you post these pointless messages when you are clueless to what your are speaking about.

Saying its a stupid because you have no idea what the thread is asking makes you look so ignorant.
Why did you quote me lol

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I can't imagine the amoubt of self-loathing Blake must've felt after being forced to front page this.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I actually kind of like GWAR and I listen to a shit ton of metal. But please Christ let's not do this. Please no

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I'm a metal fan, I like Gwar, but I think this is pretty awkward. Most likely won't happen anyway, so I'm not worried.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I think it's obvious nobody interested in MK cares about a band or a singer, there are billions of people that died in this world and if I spend 20 minutes on google I'm sure I could find dozens of random whatevers to add in this game, but it would just be retarded.

MK is MK, everyone wants MK, if I spend money on MK I want MK not some idiotic tribute version with random people I don't care about.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
why don't we just bother the shit out of ed boon on twitter, i feel that has more power than making a petition, or has the success rate gone up on them since the last 5 ones to add tremor/that ninja girl

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
This thread is still going? Crikey. People realize they cant just whip up a character out of thin air and code him into the game over a weekend right? Everyone who's in the game has been getting worked on by the devs for months and months and months.....and months. What we got is what we get.