What's new

Petition For MK Klassics Release for PS4 & Xbox One

Would you like to see the MK Klassics ported to next-gen?

• Total voters

Drakonian

Shady Divizio
This is a petition for the release of the MK Klassics (MK, MKII, UMK3 & MKT) for the next-gen consoles. These games have inspired and still inspire to this day countless players spanning from around the globe with endless replay value, all your favorite characters and is surprisingly packed full of content for its age. They are the backbone of TYM and MK in general so show them some love and vote to have these klassics ported with online play to our newer consoles. Sign the petition below so maybe we'll all be able to enjoy these timeless klassics on our next-gen consoles once again!!

https://www.change.org/p/ed-boon-netherrealm-studios-mk-klassics-re-released-for-ps4-xbox-one

Edit: I don't have any social media so guys please facebook and tweet this out!

Attachments

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No remakes unless it's MKT. The rest are classics and should be left alone. MKT had it's issues but a remake of it makes the most sense.

Also, can we finally get a fully emulated MK4 Rv3.0? Hell, and The Grid too? :coffee:
This.

Saw this on FB.....stupid and waste of time/money. The games have releases and re-releases on every gen thus far and they are all accessible. Putting them on XB1/PS4 is going to get you a few new UMK3 players for like 2 weeks. Nobody's playing 1/2 and very few will dabble in MKT, and if the conversion is off by even a frame, purists gonna pure.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Saw this on FB.....stupid and waste of time/money. The games have releases and re-releases on every gen thus far and they are all accessible. Putting them on XB1/PS4 is going to get you a few new UMK3 players for like 2 weeks. Nobody's playing 1/2 and very few will dabble in MKT, and if the conversion is off by even a frame, purists gonna pure.
Thats cool bro.

I have wanted a re-release of N64 MKT for so long. It is really hard to get people into a game when they don't have the console to play it on. I have bought two N64s and Trilogy's for other people already, and am having to look for two more of each right now for those that enjoy playing the game locally.

I love the game, but if it gets no re-releases it will only become harder to obtain (same for the console). Imagine in about a decade from now how hard a N64 and MKT will be to find, and how expensive it will be... There are a lot of people not willing to go through the effort to find these things, and do not know how to/can't work with emulation. This needs to happen.

Drakonian

Shady Divizio
Microsoft lately has been talking about cross-network play also so that could mean even more of a possibility of this happening.

Saw this on FB.....stupid and waste of time/money. The games have releases and re-releases on every gen thus far and they are all accessible. Nobody's playing 1/2 and very few will dabble in MKT
I understand that the games are available on systems that are still supported but I think that this could do nothing but good for the growth and life of the klassic games. On who's gonna be playing, I think you can only speak for yourself on that one but way to be a pessimist.

No remakes unless it's MKT. The rest are classics and should be left alone. MKT had it's issues but a remake of it makes the most sense.
I couldn't agree more. It would be dope to have a cleaned up MKT and simply just port over MK, MKII & UMK3 individually with netplay.

Last edited:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I agree MKT needs to happen but I'll take whatever they plan on releasing. MK II & MKIII were super classics and I'll pay top dollar to play it over and over again on X1 with my kids and online. Too tell the truth I still play it on cabinet. It's.... Well you guys know. We get started from sunrise to sunset playing these classics.

But I want more. If they could release MK Mythologies Sub Zero, Special forces & Shaolin Monks would be unreal for those that played it till it melted and for new cats that can learn to enjoy it too.

I dream of this every day.

Come on nrs. Make it happen.

Man a lot of people seem to be butthurt on my opinion. If the company cant make money off it, they likely wont do it. The cost port these games as close to arcade and have actual playable online is going to take more effort than they will make off the people willing to buy it. Like I said on FB, outside of hardcore, you will have very few others caring enough to buy it, and probably at no more than $5. Nobody takes into consideration that mainstream is where money is made on games. MK9/MKX sold because presentation made mainstream want to buy it. Mainstream isnt going to buy this at all.

I mean I would buy the fucking game, playing UMK3 on something other than the stupid hand cramping arcade cab sounds great, but I dont see it. I also want Street Fighter Alpha collection, X Men VS SF, and real Super Turbo on new consoles, but it aint happening.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'd love to have all of them playable on current consoles. I remember when MK9 was released I believe, and they included a copy of classic MK. I thought that was pretty cool.

I currently play all the old classics on emulators, but would love to play them online with other friends if given the chance. MK9 would be nice to have without having to pay Sony a monthly fee just to access the damn game.

I'd still love an HD version, without them messing up the original. I wasn't a fan of the arcade kollection because they changed some sounds and other small things. Plus it was super buggy.

There's a mugen team that is working on an HD version and modeled everything from old sprites, and it looks damn good. They received a letter supposedly from WB stating they can't release it (probably because it looks a lot better than anything they'd put out), so that's a shame. I wish NRS would learn from it and port something similar. It would be beautiful.

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I would honestly pay them $20 plus just for a re-release of MK4, MKT and the Grid...

Like dont even spice it up just give me 6-8 player lobbies and a solid netkode.

I do still think MK4 doesn't get enough love..an underrated gem me thinks....