What's new

[Petition] Allow HCF specials work from holding back after block

Spheris

Noob
THIS BEHAVIOR IS ONLY AFTER A BLOCKED MOVE/SPECIAL

If after a blocked move/special, you keep holding the back direction, no matter what you do, HCF specials will not be executed until you input another direction, or get to neutral, and then execute the inputs.

This was getting annoying while working on punishes for Deathstroke's wakeup attacks, specifically Swordflip. So I was doing Corpse Charge with Lex Luthor, dash forward, hold back to block the wakeup attack, and then do another Corpse Charge for punishes. I discovered that no matter what I did, the second Corpse Charge were not being executed, and that I had to release the back direction and then do again the BF/HCF move to be able to do it, which is a pain in the ass because you have to correctly time the last sword hit, go back to neutral and then do a BF/HCF motion for the move to come out, instead of just doing it from the back direction you were holding to block.

I think the reason for this is that if you, take Luthor for example, want to do a normal f+2 after blocking something, the game will prevent a BF2 move to be executed, and instead of the Corpse Charge the f+2 overhead will be the option the game will choose to execute.

I don't know if this is problematic for MK players, but for SF players using the SF layout I think sure it is. In SFIV you can walk backwards and do a HCF motion with no problem, and I think if the HCF inputs of this game the control of the character gameplay would be better, specially for punishes that require to do this kind of motions after blocking.

So my petition is:
  • If using Street Fighter layout, allow HCF special moves to execute if holding back AFTER A BLOCKED MOVE/SPECIAL (example: from walking backwards after a blocked move. If you walk backwards without having blocked something, the HCF will execute)
  • If using MK layout, I'd do it the same way, but personally if you keep the current BF behavior, it will be good for avoiding the overlap with f+1/2/3 moves

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Turn release check off, if your using mk layout after blocking move hit f+ whatever button you use

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry but this has nothing to do with Negative Edge, it's another problem. I already tested it, but thanks for the point :)
I think you're wrong man. Someone who knows more than myself will have to explain it though. Do you think it is specific to block stun?

Spheris

Noob
Turn release check off, if your using mk layout after blocking move hit f+ whatever button you use

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
As I said this has nothing to do with Negative Edge, and the behavior is still here with Release Check mode ON and mode OFF..

Spheris

Noob
I think you're wrong man. Someone who knows more than myself will have to explain it though. Do you think it is specific to block stun?
It is specific for block stun. Check it yourself, just block something, walk backwards and try to do a HCF motion, it just won't come out. If you normally walk backwards and do a HCF motion, it will execute, but if you block something and repeat the process, it will not execute.

If in MK layout, BF special will never execute if walking backwards.

I dunno I kind of like it, it means if you want to instantly attack out of block. You kind of have to "perfectly time your block" to get that shortcut reward. you don't get to just easy mode hold back until it happens.

It is specific for block stun. Check it yourself, just block something, walk backwards and try to do a BF/HCF motion, it just won't come out.
I see. Somehow this doesn't surprise me, especially considering how wonky some of the other inputs are in this game. Hopefully NRS has a team dedicated to adjusting buffer windows, etc. for the upcoming patch.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
If I could throw in an input preference I'd like the team to at least consider if they would see this:

Make DBF specials easier mid-combo. It seems you have to be abnormally dead on with these inputs when canceling a normal or chain, odd because doing these moves naked is as lenient as any other move. I think most of the Harleys, KFs, and Shazams on here have lost at least one match due to a missed cancel.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Ya I had the exact problem you are talking about. If you are not used to going to neutral this will be very difficult to perform.