What's new

Peacemaker Gameplay Trailer

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
It doesn't need saving? It's most ardent fanbase who has been around for years is crapping on this half assed money grab on the daily. Everyone has been driven off to other communities, and the only people playing are casuals who will be gone in a month. Game has been out for 5 months and feels older than Lindsey Lohan after a coke binge.

I take no pleasure in crapping on MK, seeing that it's one or, WAS one of my fave franchises. NRS is garbage.

On a positive note, the free to play weekend is a great idea. Seeing as the game has 3 days worth of content, it may dupe another wave of customers to be conned by the game shark known as Ed Boon. Hell of a business man.

Only thing that can save this THREAD is more Shania Twain pics.

@Shania Twain , you know what to do.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
It doesn't need saving? It's most ardent fanbase who has been around for years is crapping on this half assed money grab on the daily. Everyone has been driven off to other communities, and the only people playing are casuals who will be gone in a month. Game has been out for 5 months and feels older than Lindsey Lohan after a coke binge.

I take no pleasure in crapping on MK, seeing that it's one or, WAS one of my fave franchises. NRS is garbage.

On a positive note, the free to play weekend is a great idea. Seeing as the game has 3 days worth of content, it may dupe another wave of customers to be conned by the game shark known as Ed Boon. Hell of a business man.

Only thing that can save this THREAD is more Shania Twain pics.

@Shania Twain , you know what to do.
well even though I'm a busy woman with my tour and upcoming residency in Vegas. I'm reacting to viral shirtless Jason Kelce football pics. Don't I look amazing for being nearly 60!

We need shirtless John Cena too! (in MK1)

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
sonic boom! sonic boom! torpedo! eagley! this mfer is literally the most fighting game aesthetic character ever insta main die hard fuck johnny cage im only playing peace maker!! :DOGE

Shania Twain

You know it’s bad when people are more excited about getting their potential nerfs than the DLC content.
We just want a fun, exciting, well balanced fighting game that caters to kasuals and pros.. The graphics are great and pretty but you can only come for the body and stay for the mind for so long. Many of us already paid for this content and was super excited. It isn't so much that people want nerfs. We want to know what we are buying. Many are paying high dollar for food, gas, getting laid off while these rich people are getting richer. I don''t think people want nerfs we just want an exciting experience.

Shania Twain

The princess is in another castle. If you're looking for an exciting experience, or a good one at least, try SF6, Tekken 8, or Granblue Fantasy Versus, or Under Night.
Yes. I have ventured into another castle and purchased Tekken 8. I just don't want MK to die off. WBD is already shelfing projects. The second movie could be next. Although, i'm not exactly hyped for it. The talent/cast was there IMO and the BI Han, Scorpion stuff was good. I'm a huge fan of GI Joe and the Snake Eyes film again had the talent then just went off the rails towards the end. Alot of these boomers have to realize that their younger 40 and under audience can't live off or purchase their products. I tell everyone not to take out student loans, buy a house, or spend massive money on things you can't afford. Because when I was in HS they pretty pressured it and acted like once you get a degree then you get a job right out of school. If you have the money and your parents give it then fantastic. But if not we can't take care of our loved ones or make a living. This then causing people at NRS to be silent cuz they can't afford to lose their jobs. Just years ago...people who had addictions were judged and now they are helped. People were frowned upon or call crazy if they had mental health problems. I know that is off topic but we need quality content to pay all this money. So what fun is something if you are not enjoying yourself? Anyhow, I just hope all gets better.

Attacks using eagle are the only ones where I actually felt I enjoy them. All the others were so bad and this character looks so out of context. I know him from Suicide Squad movie only so maybe I dont get each and every easter eggs and references but I really dont buy it. Leaving aside the fact that its a guest char - he seems least interesting out of the entire DLC cast.
Watch the Peacemaker show, you won’t regret it

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Peacemaker looked cool I suppose. I am indifferent towards him. However, what the fuck is this "Janet Cage" shit? That is lazy as fuck. It could have AT LEAST been Cassie. Out of all possible Kameo options to choose from, THAT'S who NRS picked?! Huge blowup imo.

I'm curious how many people that are really underwhelmed by Peacemaker, think he's a wasted slot, or hate his personality in the trailer haven't seen the show. If I hadn't seen the show I would feel the same way, but I'm really excited to play him because I'm a big fan of the show.

I'm more interested in what else is changing though. Not because I don't think Peacemaker and Janet look cool, but because they could be the sickest characters ever and the rest of the game feels too dry right now to care.

stiff ass character. robocop term levels of stiff. I hope we get to a point where nrs isn't just throwing random IPs of characters into the game. janet should've just been a classic johnny
it was advertised as johnny all along,and even after that leak,where we first heard janet could be the kameo,they didnt even make an offcial statment,announcment,clarification or anything lol,even my komabt pack within the game store,information page stated johnny cage still.

I think the only piece of information that it will be janet was the press kit that was sent to youtubers some months ago,but again the store kombat pack still said johnny and they offred zero insight as to if its a alt skin for the kameo or what.

This example really outlines the horrendeouse communication and coustomer relations standards that NRS exibits.

would rather have classic johnyy too or mk armageddon design johnny,that was a good look,janet as a skin.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Everyone shitting on Peacemaker clearly hasn't watched the show. It's fucking incredible. Season 1 only has 8 episodes at around 40 minutes each. I can't recommend it enough. Peacemaker isn't supposed to be "cool", so how NRS has portrayed him in-game is pretty spot on.

Just watch the show and you'll appreciate the character so much more. It was done by James Gunn, so if you're a fan of his style of movie (Guardians of the Galaxy), you'll enjoy the show. It's a hard R comic book show and it's the best shit DC has released since the Dark Knight Trilogy. And yes....I know that's not saying much, but just give it a chance.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
As with all the guest DLC characters in this game, I'd never heard of them before the Kombat Pack trailer. And he looks incredibly meh to me with nothing very interesting either gameplay or animation, not sure he fits the vibe. But tbf I don't like superhero comic things and feel like they've been everywhere for the last decade and just don't really want them leaking into MK too but wjat can ya do.

colby4898

Peacemaker looked cool I suppose. I am indifferent towards him. However, what the fuck is this "Janet Cage" shit? That is lazy as fuck. It could have AT LEAST been Cassie. Out of all possible Kameo options to choose from, THAT'S who NRS picked?! Huge blowup imo.
I thought it was some Cassie redesign at first until I heard "heaarsss Janet" and I was like who the fuck is Janet? Her moveset is also incredible bland. Literally just a couple kicks and punches.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I thought it was some Cassie redesign at first until I heard "heaarsss Janet" and I was like who the fuck is Janet? Her moveset is also incredible bland. Literally just a couple kicks and punches.
Didnt you play the story mode? Also, Johnny's moves are literally just a couple kicks and punches - the fact it's a female johnny now is irrelevant.

And this part is not directed specifically at you: I find it curious how some people complain about kameos being repeated from the main roster (there are only three repeated), yet complain about this being Janet and not Johnny. Kind weird hill to die on.

colby4898

Didnt you play the story mode? Also, Johnny's moves are literally just a couple kicks and punches - the fact it's a female johnny now is irrelevant.

And this part is not directed specifically at you: I find it curious how some people complain about kameos being repeated from the main roster (there are only three repeated), yet complain about this being Janet and not Johnny. Kind weird hill to die on.
No I haven't played story mode tbf.
Yeah the moves being bland is a seperate complaint to the character. I'd say the same whether ot was Cassie or Johnny.

I'm not a fan of the repeated Kameos, which is why I would at least preferred to Cassie to Johnny. Janet just seems random af. Kung Lao could have been Kabal or somethinf with similar move list, Sub could have been Cyber Sub, Scorpion idk but they could have had similar/identical moves with more variety of characters.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
No I haven't played story mode tbf.
Yeah the moves being bland is a seperate complaint to the character. I'd say the same whether ot was Cassie or Johnny.

I'm not a fan of the repeated Kameos, which is why I would at least preferred to Cassie to Johnny. Janet just seems random af. Kung Lao could have been Kabal or somethinf with similar move list, Sub could have been Cyber Sub, Scorpion idk but they could have had similar/identical moves with more variety of characters.
I agree with the general sentiment of this, which is exactly why I think Janet is a cool addition instead of Johnny - Janet is a "multiverse variant" of Johnny in the story (like cyber smoke and evil mileena/raiden etc). Having Sub be Cyber sub would be amazing and in accordance to this trope, as well as kung lao maybe being hornbuckle or something.

In short - I'd rather not have repeats from the main roster in the kameo roster, but if they are going to do it, give us the multiverse variant instead.