What's new

PDP MKX Pad Review In Progress...

Yeah, I got it today too. I was wondering though, with mine.. the Xbox button is sort of tilted somewhat. Does anybody have the same thing? I know it's a minor nitpick, but I have been burned on controllers too often that I am somewhat scared that I got some kind of 'test' one.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
i have a proble, with the a button sometimes executing itself like 3 or 4 times with one simple push. no other button has this issue but x has it when i barely tap it it shows up 3 or 4 times in training its annoying ... i think my controller is busted and i only had it for a day

i have a proble, with the a button sometimes executing itself like 3 or 4 times with one simple push. no other button has this issue but x has it when i barely tap it it shows up 3 or 4 times in training its annoying ... i think my controller is busted and i only had it for a day
You're not alone. I sometimes blaze through menus because of the multiple inputs on the 'A' button. Xrays seem to be off too, but that could be because the timing seems more strict in MKX. I do know for a fact that there are a lot of people with the multiple input issue.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
You're not alone. I sometimes blaze through menus because of the multiple inputs on the 'A' button. Xrays seem to be off too, but that could be because the timing seems more strict in MKX. I do know for a fact that there are a lot of people with the multiple input issue.
I'm hoping to try to go exchange it tomorrow and praying I can find a gamestop that as another one, it was a task getting this one int he first place! UGH, is there a palce people have been posting that this is a problem? Only my A button is going HAM though. it wasntlike this when i first got it, but its been maybe 2 hours of playtime on it and it went to crap. I'm worried if I exchange it I will get one with a broken X or something

buMf00d

Noob
I've had the issue with the A button as well. Only seems to be happening in the menus. If I go into training mode and try it, it doesn't seem to happen. I've also had an issue with Takeda's X-ray but not with other characters.

I'll do some more testing over the weekend as I haven't been able to play much at all.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I've had the issue with the A button as well. Only seems to be happening in the menus. If I go into training mode and try it, it doesn't seem to happen. I've also had an issue with Takeda's X-ray but not with other characters.

I'll do some more testing over the weekend as I haven't been able to play much at all.
I havent had issues with xray but now im a little worried

but yeah in training mode, I DEF see double A input sometimes, not 100% but its definitely like 60% ish. it's pretty annoying and when I try a message or am in menus I get like " HHHHEEYYYY WHHHHHATTS UP?????" It's so annoying, but now im worried that if I get a new one botht he A BUTTON AND THE XRAY WONT WORK! :( pdp what a horse pile...

15 dollar controller now 50 bc of logo

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Got my second one intoday, the A button still hits double, so yeah it looks like it is a quite large defect that comes into play, so there's no hope :(

Got my second one intoday, the A button still hits double, so yeah it looks like it is a quite large defect that comes into play, so there's no hope :(
This is happening to a lot of people? I received mine on Wednesday, but haven't opened it yet. Want to confirm with a buddy when he gets his that it's compatible with PC first.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
My Square button has actually crapped out on me. I was dropping at lot of combos at GBS, last night, because of it. lol

I just now got done remapping my buttons so that Square is my Interact button and just basically moved everything over a column to the right. I'm doing much better now after doing that. Though, I do hear something inside the controller rattling around as if something was loose inside.

But yes, these buttons.....I'm actually thinking about taking this pad back for a replacement anyway, even though that it's more or less working.

Also, @LesMore , you might be interested in this post after our discussion last night. Maybe you want to try giving the remapping of buttons a shot?

My Square button has actually crapped out on me. I was dropping at lot of combos at GBS, last night, because of it. lol

I just now got done remapping my buttons so that Square is my Interact button and just basically moved everything over a column to the right. I'm doing much better now after doing that. Though, I do hear something inside the controller rattling around as if something was loose inside.

But yes, these buttons.....I'm actually thinking about taking this pad back for a replacement anyway, even though that it's more or less working.
A button crapping out less than a week after the product's launch doesn't sound like working to me.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
PDP is not known for their amazing hardware, but still I expected better than this. oh well ill just keep the controller for souvinuer sake and go back to my xbone controller

Dizz_88

Noob
The MKX pdp pad, is horrendously terrible. The DPad is soo small. You would have to have extremely small hands for that tiny dpad to be viable. The biggest waste of $50 I ever spent.

I'm hoping Mad Catz comes out with another good fightpad for xb1.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The MKX pdp pad, is horrendously terrible. The DPad is soo small. You would have to have extremely small hands for that tiny dpad to be viable. The biggest waste of $50 I ever spent.

I'm hoping Mad Catz comes out with another good fightpad for xb1.
agreed. i'm probably going to sell mine if anyone wants one with working buttons.

madcatz is going to release a new fightpad, but not till sf5. until then we're stuck with dual mods or titan one.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
agreed. i'm probably going to sell mine if anyone wants one with working buttons.

madcatz is going to release a new fightpad, but not till sf5. until then we're stuck with dual mods or titan one.
be honest w/ me are the buttons 100% working? bc if so I am VERY VERY interested and want it. I've gone through two BRAND new ones and the A button has input issue and would LOVE a working one.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
be honest w/ me are the buttons 100% working? bc if so I am VERY VERY interested and want it. I've gone through two BRAND new ones and the A button has input issue and would LOVE a working one.
Also will you sign the bottom as Lex Luthor. :)
Yes and yes lol. I tried playing with it for a couple days. Only issue was personal problem with the dpad. I just went into practice mode with it for a while and I'm not getting any extra inputs.

I like the pad a LOT, but I hate the sensitivity of the buttons, like you guys said I go through menus fast as hell and sending messages is annoying as hell. the feel of the pad is perfect for me though, especially because I have small hands

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I like the pad a LOT, but I hate the sensitivity of the buttons, like you guys said I go through menus fast as hell and sending messages is annoying as hell. the feel of the pad is perfect for me though, especially because I have small hands
I have excactly the same problem. Ingame i dont have troubles for inputs but typing a message takes ages with the real sensitive clicks.