What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

By crash, I mean I'll be playing, then out of nowhere the screen goes black, I get some funky broken record skipping audio, then my entire PC shuts down and restarts.

It's not happening during anything specific. I do recall it happening once during Raiden's antiair lightning move (db2?).

I'm using a Dual Shock 4, plugged in to USB.

I did use the graphics autoconfig initially. Then after having these problems, I've since tried High, Medium, and Low settings to no avail.
I don't have a DualShock 4, so can't test myself, but based on complaints I've seen from people, I've suspected that Controller has been causing the PC version to lock up and/or crash in some instances.

Do you have another, non-Sony Controller you can test with for a while; like an Xbox pad or something?

I don't have a DualShock 4, so can't test myself, but based on complaints I've seen from people, I've suspected that Controller has been causing the PC version to lock up and/or crash in some instances.

Do you have another, non-Sony Controller you can test with for a while; like an Xbox pad or something?
Daaaaamn. You might be on to something. Because I was first playing on a fightstick, then switched to a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, then I went out and bought a Dual Shock 4. These crashes didn't start happening until I was on the DS4. I'll have to look further in to this when I get home from work.

Daaaaamn. You might be on to something. Because I was first playing on a fightstick, then switched to a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, then I went out and bought a Dual Shock 4. These crashes didn't start happening until I was on the DS4. I'll have to look further in to this when I get home from work.
If you are able to confirm it, please let us know. If that is the case, I'd also recommend filing a ticket with WB Support, just to inform them. Worst case, nothing happens. Best case, QLOC is able to improve support for DualShock 4's in a future patch.

If you're looking for a good Controller, I'd recommend the Hori Fighting Commander. I use the Xbox One version, though both it and the PlayStation 4 version are officially PC supported. For the Xbox One version at least, no third party programs or anything are needed. Simple plug and play and it works, and you can remap the Controller from the Controller itself, as well as in-game.

If you are able to confirm it, please let us know. If that is the case, I'd also recommend filing a ticket with WB Support, just to inform them. Worst case, nothing happens. Best case, QLOC is able to improve support for DualShock 4's in a future patch.

If you're looking for a good Controller, I'd recommend the Hori Fighting Commander. I use the Xbox One version, though both it and the PlayStation 4 version are officially PC supported. For the Xbox One version at least, no third party programs or anything are needed. Simple plug and play and it works, and you can remap the Controller from the Controller itself, as well as in-game.
Thanks a lot for the help. I’ll report back later tonight with my findings.

And thanks for the controller recommendations. I’ll be sure to check those out!

@Juxtapose It seems you were right. I started playing tonight with the Dual Shock 4 and I got the crash within 30 minutes. I then changed to the Switch Pro Controller and played for an hour with no trouble. Finally, I played on fightstick for 3 hours and not one crash.

I'm heading to Best Buy tomorrow to return the PS4 controller. I think I'll just stay with the fightstick for this game.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Today was the "We're sorry" patch, right (the 500k Koins)? I was told PS/XB got it. So that means PC is now TWO patches behind?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
We are actually more than 2 patches behind because we haven't gotten any of the server side hotfixes that came with the day 1 patch. Which is now the day maybe 8 patch on PC.

@Slick Rick Good stuff man. If you're able, I would shoot a ticket off to WB Support, again, just so they're aware. Include all the info that you can on replicating the bug, and perhaps a copy of your DXDiag.txt (if you know how to do that). Providing them info to fix something would, hopefully, help others down the road.

@Dr. Cheesesteak The latest patch is on PlayStation 4 only. Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC are still waiting.

QLOC has said the patch with the 500k Koins, etc. should be coming early this week, so that would be either today or tomorrow. We'll see.

JoaoC

Noob
Yeah frame data seems to be updated, didn't get the "thank you" gift though. Don't really care, I just wanted to able to lab properly.

Hi all,

Patch notes found on Reddit here.

A cut and paste as follows:

Hi all, Please see the latest updates to Mortal Kombat 11 for PC players. Updates for Xbox and Switch players coming soon.
General Gameplay Adjustments
● Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
● Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
● Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
● Move list and frame data corrections
● Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
● Adjustments to online match-making
● Adjustments to AI
● Fixed a source of online desyncs
● Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
● Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
● Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
● Fixed an issue where accepting an invite while in Local Character Select could cause a crash
● Fixed an issue where deactivating Frost's DLC after finishing chapter 4 would lock the character
● Fixed an issue where the game could hang when using OBS with G-Sync or FreeSync
● Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
● Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
● Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
● Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
● Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
● Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
● Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
● Mouse and Keyboard fixes
● Fixed several issues with FXAA
● Small localization updates
Towers of Time Adjustments
● Adjusted AI difficulty curve
● Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
● Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
● Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
● Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
● Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
● Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
● Increased post fight Koin rewards
● Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
● Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
● Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
● Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
● Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
● Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that affect projectiles as intended
● Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
● Disabled Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
● Improved targeting for several Konsumables
● Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
● Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
● Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
● Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
The Community Gift has been distributed via the above update for PC players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 6, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST. Community Gifts will be sent out for Xbox and Switch players with their respective updates. We appreciate your patience!

So is the PC version now properly up-to-date compared to the PlayStation 4 version?

But now Xbox and Switch are behind PC/PS4.
Yes they are, sadly. Hopefully NetherRealm Studios will get the Xbox One patch out real soon. I'm actually not certain who's handling the Nintendo Switch version, but hopefully they also get things quite soon.

From one perspective then, at least this shows the PC version isn't the "poor orphaned child" that some people believed. It will be good when everyone is on the same footing, though.

Raider

Noob
Funny thing is they just started advertising the game on Steam with banners... etc. Like it was released today.
I guess we can expect every patch in the future to be one week late, if something doesn't change.

Funny thing is they just started advertising the game on Steam with banners... etc. Like it was released today.
I guess we can expect every patch in the future to be one week late, if something doesn't change.
I noticed that to.

For patch timing, I was going to ballpark around three business days, give or take. That's generally what I recall QLOC doing when they took over Mortal Kombat XL back in 2016.

Keep in mind, Mortal Kombat 11 has actually only been out on PC for five business days and an hour and half, so while frustrating, really, this patch timing wasn't too, too awful.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Oh it's already available? I was just playing and noticing performance issues for the first time. I hope this fix them. I don't know why they started happening.