What's new

PATCH TIME BOYZ!...2.0

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Since this became a buff wish thread, give Brainiac more trait bar to help his midscreen and to make it more likely that he'll have it for corner combos and Oki setups.

Slightly increase his forward walk speed or the startup of his walk to help him get in in matches where he will be zoned and to benefit his general nuetral.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Honestly, I have more faith in NRS for this game. One of the main reasons these over buffs and over nerfs happened in the last 3 games is because they didn't give the game time to really flesh out. A character that was perceived at the time to be overpowered got the nerf hammer hard, likewise a character that was perceived to be way too weak got super buffed. But they had limited information, so they couldn't make the best decision possible.

With how reserved they're being, I don't see really any of this stuff happening. I really believe everyone is going to be happy with the balance patch when it finally happens.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I wouldn't be surprised if Black Canary got the Scorpion treatment. Like "while we are scaling Adam's damage, why not do Canary's too? She hits really hard with enough set-up, that's probably broken as well"

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Canary doesn't hit as hard as him tho and she definitely doesn't have the meterless damage lol
Pshh what? This loops!

I really hope they leave her alone. You don't need to touch this char NRS, she's perfect as is. Top 10 at least, closer to top 5 imo, but I'm the resident Canary optimist lol.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Pshh what? This loops!

I really hope they leave her alone. You don't need to touch this char NRS, she's perfect as is. Top 10 at least, closer to top 5 imo, but I'm the resident Canary optimist lol.
Well when I say meterless, I'm talking about no meter or trait. She doesn't do any type of damage without those. Adam does really good meterless damage without trait.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I mean, I'm just looking at some of the nerfs NRS has made in the past. It was mentioned in the OP, someone during Injustice 1's life looked at Harley's trait and thought it was too strong. Unless that same dude was fired, I'm certain he's been eyeing up Canary's damage, regardless of the fact that she needs meter and trait to pull a lot off

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Well when I say meterless, I'm talking about no meter or trait. She doesn't do any type of damage without those. Adam does really good meterless damage without trait.
I mean does trait really count here? Like just to put it into perspective, as long as you have lvl 1 about 30-40% filled when you start 21/23, it's a guaranteed meterless vortex(no wakeups work, no delay, have to block) on 28/30 chars. You get lvl 2 back in time every single time, and to help her meterless dmg, if you're hit confirming you can do lvl 1 instead of lvl 2 on block so it's still your turn(more dmg). It takes roughly 3 1/4-3 1/2 seconds to get that far into lvl 1 assuming trait starting from lvl 0 nothing in it, so considering she gets this meterless vortex off of any knockdown or trait hit, CAN I PLS HAVE THIS KHAOTIK??? ;___;

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Well here's my unpopular opinion. As a Darkseid Main I feel like I'd have a lot less issues with most characters if push block was still back and not forward! We should really be asking for that change in the next patch too.
I second this, it sometimes doesn't register and I end up clashing. It gets me so freaking pissed off. NRS please change the pushblock inputs!!!!!!!

No one is asking for "nerfs".
Uuhhh yeah, you are.

See, it's easy to ask for nerfs of characters that are not your main (nobody, NOBODY asks to nerf their main character) because they're NOT your main character. But people don't realize that they're "messing" with someone else character that they love. My take has always been..."man, your character is awesome; let's see if they can make my character awesome as well."

Someone like Black Adam may have great damage but he is definitely NOT with serious faults of his own and is FAR from being unbeatable.

I never ever understood why people cry for nerfs of other characters as opposed to just asking for buffs of their character(s). I guess it's human nature; crab-in-a-barrel mentality I suppose.

If that's your take take on the game to request nerfs, fine, but don't deny that's what you're doing.

Uuhhh yeah, you are.

See, it's easy to ask for nerfs of characters that are not your main (nobody, NOBODY asks to nerf their main character) because they're NOT your main character. But people don't realize that they're "messing" with someone else character that they love. My take has always been..."man, your character is awesome; let's see if they can make my character awesome as well."

Someone like Black Adam may have great damage but he is definitely NOT with serious faults of his own and is FAR from being unbeatable.

I never ever understood why people cry for nerfs of other characters as opposed to just asking for buffs of their character(s). I guess it's human nature; crab-in-a-barrel mentality I suppose.

If that's your take take on the game to request nerfs, fine, but don't deny that's what you're doing.
:rolleyes:

Honestly, I have more faith in NRS for this game. One of the main reasons these over buffs and over nerfs happened in the last 3 games is because they didn't give the game time to really flesh out. A character that was perceived at the time to be overpowered got the nerf hammer hard, likewise a character that was perceived to be way too weak got super buffed. But they had limited information, so they couldn't make the best decision possible.

With how reserved they're being, I don't see really any of this stuff happening. I really believe everyone is going to be happy with the balance patch when it finally happens.
This.

It's amazing how people are crying wolf at so early this stage in the game.

I admit I was one of those on the bandwagon of getting Deadshot nerfed. But as a little time went on, I and the bandwagon realized nerfing him was not the answer. I freely admit I was wrong having this kind of mentality.

I also agree that NRS did an AMAZING job fleshing out these characters. I've seen the so-called lower-tier characters (Supergirl, Scarecrow, Wonder Woman, etc.) beat the living crap out of the so-called top-tier characters (Black Adam, Aquaman, etc.) by people who cared about their characters they love and obviously practiced with.

As @Juggs and @Clark L. have taught me, don't complain, stop asking to nerf someone favorite character, just play the game, get your losses in, get better beating everyone else' @$$.

People should take out the "h" and "e" in whine and start doing that.

Just my humble noob opinion....

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Uuhhh yeah, you are.

I play Black Adam, Aquaman and Atrocitus. I suggested nerfs on page one for all of them. You can main a character and still see that they need adjustments.

Edit: Buffing everyone to Adam's levels likely wouldn't be possible and it would be a terrible idea anyway. His faults don't even compare to all the strengths he has. Best character in the game free.

I play Black Adam, Aquaman and Atrocitus. I suggested nerfs on page one for all of them.
There's a difference between "playing" them and having (one of) them as your main.

Edit: Buffing everyone to Adam's levels likely wouldn't be possible and it would be a terrible idea anyway. His faults don't even compare to all the strengths he has. Best character in the game free.
Not true and strictly your opinion (which it all is anyway at it's core). Adam has serious deficiencies that are easily exploited (just look at any Adam video). And buffing damage isn't the only way to make "lesser" characters viable. Look at Superman. Damage may be slightly below Adam but has serious advantages Adam doesn't (safe-as-hell mix-ups, invincible wake-ups, etc.) which makes Superman a VERY SERIOUS THREAT to Adam players.

Nerfing characters is not necessarily the answer.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
These Catwoman complaints lol, she could dodge mids and overheads with her low profiling and evade since INJ1.

So sorry that you all have to actually learn the MU now.

These Catwoman complaints lol, she could dodge mids and overheads with her low profiling and evade since INJ1.

Agreed. I think she's fantastic and fighting against her is generally an uphill battle. No one should be nerfed. People should learn the MU as you say and fight the good fight and enjoy the challenge.

That's what makes the game exciting. Why would anyone want to play an easy win??

There's a difference between "playing" them and having (one of) them as your main.

Not true and strictly your opinion (which it all is anyway at it's core). Adam has serious deficiencies that are easily exploited (just look at any Adam video). And buffing damage isn't the only way to make "lesser" characters viable. Look at Superman. Damage may be slightly below Adam but has serious advantages Adam doesn't (safe-as-hell mix-ups, invincible wake-ups, etc.) which makes Superman a VERY SERIOUS THREAT to Adam players.

So you want adams damage to stay ?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

I play them in tournaments with money on the line, I'd say that qualifies as me having a stake in how good they are. And I still say all three of them are too strong.

Also every top player will tell you Adam is the best character in the game. He is clearly too good and has too many tools. You are just biased and trying not to get your character nerfed. I play him and know his deficiencies but that doesn't change the fact that he has some of the best footsies, damage, pressure, and air control in the game. Not to mention he has by far the easiest time closing out matches with unclashable lightning and trait. You could nerf his damage, slightly decrease the trait cancels and decrease the MB divekick advantage and he would still be top 5 and maybe even top 3. Nerfing him is definitely the answer and also definitely going to happen so I suggest you come to terms with that.

I co-mained Catwoman in IJ1 and think this post is bogus. Her B3 was not nearly as strong and could be whiff punished pretty easily. The problem now is not that it low profiles moves, it's that it low profiles them on frame 1 and for the duration of the recovery frames which makes whiff punishing it impossible for some characters. Giving it a better hurtbox on startup and recovery would allow it to still low profile when used correctly, it would just require players to actually think before using it. She also didn't have damage rivaling Black Adam's, a safe wakeup w/ meter or crazy unclashable damage in IJ1. People that know the matchup are the people who know how crazy she is. That being said I only want B3 hurtbox fixed and a minor damage nerf. I think with those changes she'd be fine.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Uuhhh yeah, you are.

Except I USE Catwoman, she is my secondary and I use her a lot, i'm just being realistic on these changes. If you really think what I'm asking for are legit nerfs other than the damage change then you need to reevaluate it...
do you think that having a special thatgoes fullscreen, goes under some projectiles, has armor and launches should be barely punisheable and still low profile your punish?

Do you think having the best B3 in the game, which is 25 frames, low profiles a lot of stuff, anti airs and has amazing range should have that recovery hurtbox?

Do you think a character that has to barely take any risks should have her damage output?

I think she is perfect the way she is but those are things that need to get fixed because right now that's a bit unfair and her damage has to be toned down because she gets great damage off safe launchers, meterless and with meter, with trait or without trait and in the corner it's just too much.

I'm not even asking for B3 to not low profile stuff because that's never going to happen, it's been like that ever since IGAU and it's supposed to work like that but the recovery hurtbox does need to be easier to whiff punish and that's not even a big issue if you are a good Catwoman player, it would just make you think twice before throwing it out because you'd get whiff punished by mis spacing it... Which guess what? It's like that for every single move in the game.

Last edited: