What's new

Paradise arcade shop?

Anyone ever order any parts from this place? I ordered some buttons for my homemade hitbox about four days ago. The status says payment accepted. I did not get emailed a receipt though, and they have not responded to my customer service message. I payed for priority mail also. Are these guys scammers?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Nope, they are good, and legit. Email them and ask whats up. They are good guys. I recommend them, and im actually about to place an order tonight or tomorrow. :)

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I love these guys. Always sending macadamia kisses with my orders!

Seriously, though, never had a problem, and shit comes fast.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
idk, don't think I really got "your order has shipped" emails. I just remember it being at my house within a week, which I assume is quick going from HI to IL. I haven't ordered from them since late Fall, though, so who knows. Best of luck with your order, though, and be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Only place I ever order parts from, excellent customer service...

Keep in mind their company is in Hawaii, so give it a little time...

nwo

Noob
I'm still waiting on an order that I placed on Tuesday from them, I'm not worried or concerned since I've ordered from them before.

EDIT: It was actually Tuesday March 20th, and I live in California. I already got some parts from Europe that I ordered on the same day. (Arcadeshop.de)

aj1701

Noob
Its too bad Lizard Lick is having problems. I ordered from him in Nov, and I got my parts very fast, but there's a bunch of people where this doesn't sound like its the case. I'll keep PA in mind the next time I need some buttons.

I just got a message back. They have not even mailed it yet :( It makes me wonder if they were on vacation all week, and did not leave any notice on there site? Because a week just to ship a couple buttons is bad. It will probably take less time in the mail. :)

nwo

Noob
I just got a message back. They have not even mailed it yet :( It makes me wonder if they were on vacation all week, and did not leave any notice on there site? Because a week just to ship a couple buttons is bad. It will probably take less time in the mail. :)
Hey man, I just got an email from them saying...

"Aloha, just an update, I am waiting for the 1 player buttons to arrive from our supplier, which should be any day. So sorry for the delay."

That's ok I don't need my parts quite yet anyway.

aj1701

Noob
Hmm, not thrilled with having to deal with shipments from Hawii. Anyone have experience ordering from FocusAttack?

Ok, I am about ready to lose my mind with this place. I went to check my order status on my account there. And guess what? It is not even on there anymore. So I take the O# and try to search it through guest tracking. It says error no order exist. So I emailed them this concern with a copy, & pasted form of the PDF invoice. No reply. Now there site has no record of my purchase, and no one is replying to tell me what's going on. I was also never notified of shipping or giving a tracking number. WTF? I'm about ready to just call them.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ok, I am about ready to lose my mind with this place. I went to check my order status on my account there. And guess what? It is not even on there anymore. So I take the O# and try to search it through guest tracking. It says error no order exist. So I emailed them this concern with a copy, & pasted form of the PDF invoice. No reply. Now there site has no record of my purchase, and no one is replying to tell me what's going on. I was also never notified of shipping or giving a tracking number. WTF? I'm about ready to just call them.
Call them to make sure the transaction even went through, man. You might be the only person ive ever heard of having this issue lol

I had a similar problem... I think they take their sweet time in Hawaii... On the plus side, I did get my parts and they are top quality... worth the wait imho.

nwo

Noob
I had a similar problem... I think they take their sweet time in Hawaii... On the plus side, I did get my parts and they are top quality... worth the wait imho.

Yeah its worth the wait for sure. Most these arcade parts websites seem to have an issue keeping things in stock, so I ended up placing a lot of smaller orders to get all the parts I need. Here's what it said when I tried to place an order on LizardLick.com

"Lizard Lick is currently closed to new orders while we catch up!! You can still browse the store and add parts to your cart/calculate shipping, but will not be able to check out. We'll be open again as soon as we've got everything under control!"

Susan from there sent me a message with a tracking number. Thank God I can sleep now. At least there is something in a box headed to my house. :D

Yeah I am going to destroy my homemade hitbox trying to rig it to work with out the buttons. I have a NES advantage button as the back button right now. Don't ask me how it works cause its complicated, but it works pretty well.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Anyone ever order any parts from this place? I ordered some buttons for my homemade hitbox about four days ago. The status says payment accepted. I did not get emailed a receipt though, and they have not responded to my customer service message. I payed for priority mail also. Are these guys scammers?
They're honest folk, but they run a flimsy operation. I think the wife does all the packing for the orders, hence the relative confusion. Once ordered an LS-32-01, received a JLF. Not too hard to distinguish between the two.

We aren't over here much.... but sorry for the confusion. Thank you for the support and we will continue to improve.

1) No not scammers, just very busy, we sell to the classic community, mame community and fighter community. We also are one of the only shops left that still develop our own products and sell stuff from over seas. And yes, sometimes our ambitions get the better of us!

2) Son, not sure if I could call it flimsy, hell the wife can wire a stick up faster than me and her soldering skills are well beyond mine at this point, which is saying something considering I did some electrical device prototyping back in the day :) However we do have a part time packer who comes in, and have had a few misses. You are correct that an LS-32 and JLF are completely different, but mistakes do happen from time to time... (Susan corrected me about specific plate types on Seimitsu joysticks the other day, so I wouldn't mess with her too much)

3) As far as shipping goes, should be 3-4 days usually, however we did have a rough couple of months with keeping stock on hand (we sell on Amazon and Ebay which makes stock counts a PITA). We will have a stocking system in place by the end of the month that will sync all three

Finally we are a small shop, so if 60 orders come in one day (and yes that happens) it will take us 1-3 days to catch up. We only deal in parts we believe in and we use the proceeds to develop new products for the community. We even supply some of the other shops mentioned earlier.
There is no where else you'll find this many custom products, esepcially when it comes to LED mods... And we are one of the only shops open right now that has actually installed all of the products we carry(yes even Susan has installed the bulk of these items)
We also pushing to keep IL(an important product line in this community) in the US, and we are looking forward to our first order of custom translucent buttons in from IL (concave but with a milky white color, perfect for RGB led mods). When other vendors have stopped selling because of low margins, we are doing our best to make sure that someone sells a damn original Cherry switch! (yes it upset me to see everyone calling E-switches Cherry because they have a red actuator)

Check out the site, order with confidence, and don't challenge Susan too much, she has been known to kick my ass at Tekken a few times.

Here are some fun products we have released:
Hollow IL shafts for lighting
Silent JLF Mods

And just for fun here's a preview of the upcoming universal led button lights:

And our RGB shaft out later this month(yes these will be available in 2 styles of shaft for IL and Happ joysticks):

aj1701

Noob
Yes I just ordered from there too. I got my order within like 2 days, crazy fast.
Cool I just ordered from them yesterday. Got the anti slips, which have been harder to find than I would have thought. Hourly it will ship soon.