What's new

Overwatch Discussion Thread

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I put 25 hours into the beta lol. It's the best MP/FPS I've played since TF2 released. If there are no offense characters I immediately go McCree. His flanking is strong. Throw a stun bag, shoot, roll, shoot. It's a auto kill on most characters. If anyone wants to play on PC when the game releases my name is Tottery on battlenet. I have a few friends I play with as well.

EDIT: Tottery#1972

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I put 25 hours into the beta lol. It's the best MP/FPS I've played since TF2 released. If there are no offense characters I immediately go McCree. His flanking is strong. Throw a stun bag, shoot, roll, shoot. It's a auto kill on most characters. If anyone wants to play on PC when the game releases my name is Tottery on battlenet. I have a few friends I play with as well.

EDIT: Tottery#1972
yeah I put around 32 hours in by the end with 22 hours on Junkrat LOL

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Does anyone else feel like Mei is going to get nerfed? I feel like she's really good.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Does anyone else feel like Mei is going to get nerfed? I feel like she's really good.
She's actually almost never used in competitive play, she's incredibly niche. I don't think she's bad per say but shes not as OP as people think she is. She has high survivability but she gets wrecked at mid and far ranges. Her wall can be blown through by explosives so once you know that it can be dealt with pretty easily.

If anyone is actually going to get nerfed it would be the characters that have dominated competitive play. Winston, Tracer, McCree etc. I doubt they nerf anyone before launch though unless its very minor tweaks.

Edit: I forgot Widowmaker. A good widowmaker can pretty much decimate the entire team in the current state. I have no idea how they'd actually nerf any of these though lol.

Last edited:

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Ok so.
Can someone explain the difference between battleborn and overwatch.
I was originally in the battleborn camp but then I played the OW beta and have converted.

How do two different companies create very similiar games - both in playstyle and visual concept - and release them with in weeks of each other?
Do they plan this?
Illusion of choice or some shit?

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
She's actually almost never used in competitive play, she's incredibly niche. I don't think she's bad per say but shes not as OP as people think she is. She has high survivability but she gets wrecked at mid and far ranges. Her wall can be blown through by explosives so once you know that it can be dealt with pretty easily.

If anyone is actually going to get nerfed it would be the characters that have dominated competitive play. Winston, Tracer, McCree etc. I doubt they nerf anyone before launch though unless its very minor tweaks.

Edit: I forgot Widowmaker. A good widowmaker can pretty much decimate the entire team in the current state. I have no idea how they'd actually nerf any of these though lol.
Pharah and junkrat seem like they need a nerf..

More so junkrat.. The only character that annoys me.
Actually torbjorn is annoying AF too..

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Especially with Mercy's damage boost, good lord.
Someone on the other team really should've switched to Reinhardt though.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Ok so.
Can someone explain the difference between battleborn and overwatch.
I was originally in the battleborn camp but then I played the OW beta and have converted.

How do two different companies create very similiar games - both in playstyle and visual concept - and release them with in weeks of each other?
Do they plan this?
Illusion of choice or some shit?
They are actually very very different. Battleborn is basically a first person moba. Matches will last around 20 minutes or longer and you will get to level up within each match. You will need to balance offense and collection. Overwatch is pure team based shooter ala tf2. Matches are around 10 mins and you can switch entire classes within matches. Battleborn is more RPG infused, overwatch is more fps.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Pharah and junkrat seem like they need a nerf..

More so junkrat.. The only character that annoys me.
Actually torbjorn is annoying AF too..
He's supposed to be annoying though. He does area control and suppression really well but nothing he does is OP. The RIPtire was before it could be shot but now its not nearly as bad.

Only way Pharah could be OP is on Control type maps(that knockback shot too good). Otherwise she is unique in her ability to control the air but she's also really easy to snipe/shoot out of the air.

Poor Torby might be the worst character in the game. The only time he's ever used at higher levels is by cloud 9 and they usually are forced to switch from him in like a minute. It sucks cause his design is so cool but yeah, nerfing him would be like killing something that's already dead.