What's new

Optimizing TV for gameplay

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Anyone have any tips on optimizing TV rez for playing MK9? I have an OLED TV that displays 1080p, although I'm hearing that 1080p will actually contribute to input lag and shit....is decreasing to 720p res on my PS3 better?

aj1701

Noob
Anyone have any tips on optimizing TV rez for playing MK9? I have an OLED TV that displays 1080p, although I'm hearing that 1080p will actually contribute to input lag and shit....is decreasing to 720p res on my PS3 better?
I'd think it would depend on your TV. 1080p would display the game at its full true 60 frames per second. 1080i would show half (every other line) a frame every second. I was playing at 1080p for a long time and never noticed any lag; I have a Sony TV. I only reduced to 720p to record as it seems easier for my laptop to keep up.

You might want to turn on Game mode if you have it, as it will disable some image processing done by the TV (if it does any) which could cause lag.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I'd think it would depend on your TV. 1080p would display the game at its full true 60 frames per second. 1080i would show half (every other line) a frame every second. I was playing at 1080p for a long time and never noticed any lag; I have a Sony TV. I only reduced to 720p to record as it seems easier for my laptop to keep up.

You might want to turn on Game mode if you have it, as it will disable some image processing done by the TV (if it does any) which could cause lag.
Just bought a Samsung. It does have a game mode so I'll give that a try, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk