What's new

Online play is useful to an extent

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
To: MRIGOTBASS & SANSPOWER

I'm not an unreasonable guy, and I have given both of you the chance to argue without having to insult anyone, but it seems that both of you are not only ignorant, naive, and poor-minded, you have shown to be rude, and hypocritical when it comes to your so called, "Bad Attitudes." You will both receive infractions. Either you relax, or you will be banned in order to keep the peace on this forum.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Gentlemen, If you want to this thread to continue I suggest you continue it without flinging insults. (i.e. calling people "old man" making comments about ponytails being to tight and whatever other nonsense potshots youve been taking). Your attitudes since youve arrived on this forum have been condescending, insulting, arrogant, and just plain annoying and I have had enough of it. Nobody is insulting you and you have no course to attack people personally. So think before you speak next time. If i find you insulting people again you will recieve infractions. Continue down this path and you will end up site banned.
Do not respond to this post. Simply change your ways and we will have no further problem.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Man 10x a lot and i appreciate it but its not about kabal and stuff...all im saying is to keep the comments after we all play...so stick to the thread.

p.s. i dont play online anymore so i guess its gonna be in 3 weeks in Philly.

Now to the real part....Sans Power i suggest you stop filling the thread with personal opinions and stuff like that....The man you are arguing with is one of the best players world wide, is the most knowledgeable as well. Shock has done so much for the game and you haven't done nothing except for expressing opinions and thoughts. When you make tons of videos, host tons of tournaments travel hundreds of miles because of umk3, come back and talk. If it was not for Shock and the rest of the east cost dudes to push UMK3 to the streams and keep the offline spirit alive the UMK3 scene would be full of online boogers that quit, complain, whine record videos to speculate with etc. Right now there are probably 20-30 good and respectable online players, but i am sure that at some point they will lose interest and convert to offline. So as i said, keep it down until the 14th of August. Lets solve this argument the right way-sit down and play the game.

SANS POWER

Banned
Now to the real part....Sans Power i suggest you stop filling the thread with personal opinions and stuff like that....The man you are arguing with is one of the best players world wide, is the most knowledgeable as well. Shock has done so much for the game and you haven't done nothing except for expressing opinions and thoughts. When you make tons of videos, host tons of tournaments travel hundreds of miles because of umk3, come back and talk. If it was not for Shock and the rest of the east cost dudes to push UMK3 to the streams and keep the offline spirit alive the UMK3 scene would be full of online boogers that quit, complain, whine record videos to speculate with etc. Right now there are probably 20-30 good and respectable online players, but i am sure that at some point they will lose interest and convert to offline. So as i said, keep it down until the 14th of August. Lets solve this argument the right way-sit down and play the game.
Besides my last comment when did I insult him? I only made those remarks because he said I was either going to lose or not show up. I've said a million times how much I respect what Shock has done for the MK community and can't wait to meet him. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says. I have my own opinion and the comments I made about getting use to lag and using it your advantage is not an opinion, it's a factual statement and the only person who argued about it with me and finally acknowledged that I was right, was Juggs.

Thanks Juggs.

I'm not trying to start drama, it turned into a reply I directed to one of Juggs' comments about IGB and his lag tactics into this whole debate about who's right and who's wrong. Fact remains, I'm not going to repeat myself any longer, I'm happy that someone who went from disagreeing with me has finally realized what I meant.

I didn't want to come to this forum to get banned, so I apologize the Admin and whoever I may have offended, but I was simply making a point that turned into this huge fiasco and now infractions are being handed out.

AC1984

Kaballin!
That's better man, Now lets all of us keep a little low profile until the big event. Website argues lead only to bad stuff!!!

Also huge props and thumbs up to Tim and Chris who are busting their asses off, wasting their own time to keep umk3 going in OH. I sincerely and truly hope that the event in Atlanta is going to start the umk3 flame in the south east as well, keep up the good work Jugger!

Just skimmed through the topic a bit and I'll post some of what I posted elsewhere.

Online play has some uses but its not a good way to determine skill. If we take a players skill and assign a number between 1 and 10 with 10 being the highest we would find that there is a cap for online play of 7-8 depending on the connection. In other words no matter how good you are at the game the highest you could be online is an 8. A player who is a 10 offline couldn't exceed an 8 online and a player who was an 8 offline would likely still be an 8 online. So if we take shock and say he's a 10 offline and then we take somebody who beats him online and who is an 8 and put them against each other you will see shock win the vast majority of the offline games because the difference between 8 and 10 is huge. Think of it as an earthquake richter(sp) scale.

My own example I was probably a 7 or 8 offline on tekken DR and online I could hang with people who were 10's offline but when we played offline I would get stomped because I didn't play much offline.

RayRokka

Noob
played online for the first time today and it is as bad as everyone says. literally unplayable. I may as well just sit in practice mode, but damn doesn't that get boring.

Dark_Rob

Noob
played online for the first time today and it is as bad as everyone says. literally unplayable. I may as well just sit in practice mode, but damn doesn't that get boring.
Your in Los Angeles dude. PM Krayzie Bone and find out about the MK9 scene he and a bunch of others have been building up.
To use an analogy, your like a fat kid in an ice cream truck......that hasnt realized hes in an ice cream truck yet lol

Yeah it does.

But for me, its the only way to practice/play against good ppl since I live in a place where no scene exist and the ppl I meet at my college that play live too far out since I can't travel

Yeah it does.

But for me, its the only way to practice/play against good ppl since I live in a place where no scene exist and the ppl I meet at my college that play live too far out since I can't travel
I'm in the exact same spot except even if I wanted to I couldn't play online right now. lolPS3. I have friends but they can't be over 24/7. lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Regrettably, I'll be forced to play offline until I find a circle here. There's going to be some casual MK tournament here locally in about a month, the place doing it is pretty downright lazy about it, but I'll work out some times to play with the players there and hopefully hone my skill further and figure out some way to get weekly gatherings going. I'll admit, it's a little aggravating knowing that there's a lot of interest in MK in apparently all of my neighboring states, which I can't actively travel to. I believe there's a small scene about two hours away, but that isn't realistic at the moment, either. I've just gotta make do with what I have, for now.

What really salts these wounds is that I lived in Los Angeles for the majority of my life, and moved here about 3 years ago! :(

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
My question is, why is online useless? Why isn't online good for practice, match-up experience, or experience in general? Excluding the fact that there's sometimes unplayable delay or lag. I am talking about having a great connection with someone.
It without a doubt useless, if my j.1 doesn’t even come out FIVE GAMES STRAIT. And no I wasn’t been able to “have a great connection with someone” in this game – not even close, while in others it’s at least playable. So yea, as much as I want it to be good it’s nothing more than a whole game letdown: MK9 lost any meaning for me now (no drama queen – just sad).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Online ultimately means nothing but it can be good for practice and fun at least :) That's how I see it

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It without a doubt useless, if my j.1 doesn’t even come out FIVE GAMES STRAIT. And no I wasn’t been able to “have a great connection with someone” in this game – not even close, while in others it’s at least playable. So yea, as much as I want it to be good it’s nothing more than a whole game letdown: MK9 lost any meaning for me now (no drama queen – just sad).
This thread was made way before MK9 came out, and my post was within the context of a good connection.

Loot

the special effects
Online is good if you live in the middle of Buttfuck Tennessee with no local scene other than a handful of married friends that play.

A bit overboard bout the whole game letdown thing, but okay.

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
I see it as an extreme area where people will spam their specials in order to win with lag tactics. Maybe it's a place to learn how to defend against that.

JagoMIH

Noob
i don't know about others, but for me online in this game is fucking TERRIBLE. i'd rather not play it online. i'll just wait until i'm making good enough money to attend tourneys if i still care enough by that point.

mkd was the best mk when it comes to playing online all of the high level player
got to that level by playing online not offline so with that say for mkd online means
a lot.

mka the netcode was worst than mkd but still the high level player got to their level by
playing online so online does mean something for mka

mkdc the netcode was worst than in mka it was not so hard to find someone with a good connection
to play with and learn many basics and stratagic by playing online so online did not mean much by it mean
something for mkdc

mk9 the worst netcode ever in mk's games history this is not playable you can not learn to play mk9 by playing online
there is not way you will get to be a high level player by playing mk9 online the delay is 2 long and many things which are
easy to react to offline are imposible to react to it online mkd, mka, and even mkdc you could learn to play the game
by playing online goodluck trying to to this on mk9

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
A bit overboard bout the whole game letdown thing, but okay.
Ok, let’s break it down:

1. Fighting game purpose is without a doubt a competition. MK9 is a fighting game, thus one buying it pursue the goal of competitive play offline or/and online (level of play may be casual to mediocre or high to pro – it doesn’t matter). If we can agree on that we can move on to the next point.

2. Offline competition on casual level has pretty much 3 weeks to 1 month lifespan in my experience: casual players just don’t want to improve and it dies pretty quickly because of stagnation. Only high level of competition can keep players involved and interested. If we can agree on that we can move on to the next point.

3. Offline competition on high to pro level accessible only for few chosen players which was lucky enough to be born in selected areas with strong fighting/arcade communities or in the vicinity. If we can agree on that we can move on to the next point.

4. Most of us don’t have and never will have the time/money/possibility to travel – i.e. access to high-pro level competition offline. Online is the only possibility for most of us to have access to high level competition. If we can agree on that we can move on to the next point.

5. MK9 online is unplayable which denies an access to any level of competition for the most of us and if you look at the point 1 which we agreed upon, competition is the only purpose of any fighting game.

With which we can conclude, that bad MK9 online is the whole game let down and no singleplayer can amuse player beyond completing the Story and Tower modes (which I already did).

P.s. From my T6BR experience online patches don’t mean squat: if the game was not built around good net code no patches going to help the issue.

Cool story, brah.

I never said I don't agree and I never said I needed to be told all that nice stuff because I'm in that place you described considering luck. However, me and my bf think a player creates a scene. It's a community's responsibility. My bf has been involved since the first Guilty Gear. But as you said, not many have the means, and in this case to even do that.

I played SomeCuban online and it was amazingly fantastic and I learned a shitload. I heard the spam Scorps lag fest is during ranked matches(?) but I don't really know. In any case, I don't think the online issue is game wrecking, cause I enjoy the game regardless. It's horrible, yes, but eh.

That's all I'm trying to say. This is an opinion of mine.

P.S. You dun hafta be so angry bout it. :(