What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Wondering if they'll give him an old-man look like they've done with Johnny and Kung Lao. If they do, who thinks he'll become a member of the Beard Brigade?

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I actually hope he remains young, as he was the mk champion and keeps his youth till the next tournament, well unless dying affected that LOL
Dying would most probably affect that. Plus, the cycle was broken when Shao Khan invaded Earth, I think.

As for him keeping the scars, it could go either way. Look at Sub-Zero, which has been confirmed as the younger brother. It was mentioned that he was restored to fully human during his time as a revenant under Quan Chi's control. Remains to be seen if Liu will be resurrected in the same way though.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Really looking forward to see how Liu Kang plays. It's very possible that he will be one of the early characters I pick up. His speed has always suited my rush-down needs, and the fireballs always keep people honest full screen. An Evil Liu Kang would make me more than happy. His potential would finally be realized. Darth Kang time?!

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Guess that confirms he died, cant wait to play as him.

Ill update the thread with images of himand his variations(if they show him todayin the kombatkast) once im home from work.

The champ is back!

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Liu Kang was always one of my best fighters, but he is also (1) Stupidly easy to play and (2) Historically generic. Really looking forward to what they do with his variations.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
As long as he has his bicycle kick and his fire balls, I good. But, I would like for them to experiment with his styles a little more.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Luiyyouuiu looks real sleek and bad ass so far. Could be his best incarnation yet (kind of like the rest of the cast, but you know what I mean.).

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Damn he looks awesome. Loved how in that trailer, he does his fatality on Raiden.

Hopefully they don't brush that off when he his returned to life.
somehting like....
Raiden:"Liu I'm sorry that I killed you I didn't mean to"
Liu: " I understand lord Raiden, i forgive you."
.....that would be sucky lol, I hope he doesnt forgive him once he's alive.

One of his variations definitely looks like it'll be fire based.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I posted the wrong picture, I changed it now.

I think the fire fists are a variation, at least I hope they are.

That could just be hi normal grab, though.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't think it's so much that they're wearing off, the fire on his fists stops when he stops punching. He doesn't need fire fists to kick.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
If Lui Ken isn't herpderp easy mode then I'll probably give him a try. Always been a fan.

And by "herpderp easy mode", I mean overly simplistic. I'm OK with him being an easier character compared to most.

I used to really like Liu, then Johnny and Kung Lao became cooler to me.

Especially in Deadly Alliance. They looked so cool. But, it wasn't until MK9 where I really started liking Cage

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Fairly certain Liu has been a "beginner friendly" character in majority of the games. (or so I'm told)
Like I said, I don't want him being super easy mode. I'm OK with him being a beginner character but I don't want his BnBs to be comprised of one string again or anything like that.