What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin (Old) Kung Jin Pre-Release General Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
just a little announcement for you guys: shaolin kung jin is sick. huuuge movelist, strings as well as specials, overheads and lows everywhere, super footsie Tools, Frame traps and and a divekick that Pops up. this guy is nuts.
Does he have any strings or specials that restand the opponent?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not sure i'd say top 5 just yet, the game has to come out and get it's feet wet with everyone few weeks to a month first. But I do hope he's a solid character. No matter though whether he's top 5 or low 5 because in MK9 I used Ermac, Scorp, Sektor a lot all mid tiers so I plan to use him to the max. I'm not sure I'm going to use his bojutsu style, I'm not really a rushdown guy that style you need to be upclose for sure so I dont know. His ancestral i'm definitely using and his Shaolin I like as he can mix it up with putting pressure and can zone a little with the chakram.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Not sure i'd say top 5 just yet, the game has to come out and get it's feet wet with everyone few weeks to a month first. But I do hope he's a solid character. No matter though whether he's top 5 or low 5 because in MK9 I used Ermac, Scorp, Sektor a lot all mid tiers so I plan to use him to the max. I'm not sure I'm going to use his bojutsu style, I'm not really a rushdown guy that style you need to be upclose for sure so I dont know. His ancestral i'm definitely using and his Shaolin I like as he can mix it up with putting pressure and can zone a little with the chakram.
there's just too many teleporters and it seems like there's too many pressure options for most of the characters for zoning to really work. I think Shaolin will be the way to go in the early stages. Once we figure zoning out in this game, Ancestral will be legit as fuck

MKF30

there's just too many teleporters and it seems like there's too many pressure options for most of the characters for zoning to really work. I think Shaolin will be the way to go in the early stages. Once we figure zoning out in this game, Ancestral will be legit as fuck
True, I think one good element for us zoners is that the run can't be cancelled nor the dash cancel into block this time around like MK 9 which is a good thing. I noticed throughout that whole event today, everyone who ran cancelled into special moves since you can't just "dash block, repeat, constantly" you know? I do think teleporters will be key against guys like KJ, although Sonic Fox seemed to have easy time fighting against Scorpion, with Erron Black of all characters who's got one of the fastest tps in the game as we all know. So who knows, the variation system I think will also prove to be key.

For the few who have the game early. Guys messing around with his arrow change. I know its faster then green arrows.(you could uppercut into arrow change but not really combo....most you could do was random string into freeze arrow dash d+2xxarrow change d+1 which wasn't usefully at all) Can we do arrow change combos in this?

What about insta air arrows? Possible?

How does ex straight arrow work? Will it shoot two fire arrows if I have firevarrows equipped?

Can he dive kick after an air arrow aswell? Im curious.

I plan on using ancestral, hence the focus on that variation. :p I played a ton of GA so im hoping he's as viable as a rush down character in ancestral.

Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

For the few who have the game early. Guys messing around with his arrow change. I know its faster then green arrows.(you could uppercut into arrow change but not really combo....most you could do was random string into freeze arrow dash d+2xxarrow change d+1 which wasn't usefully at all) Can we do arrow change combos in this?

What about insta air arrows? Possible?

How does ex straight arrow work? Will it shoot two fire arrows if I have firevarrows equipped?

Can he dive kick after an air arrow aswell? Im curious.

I plan on using ancestral, hence the focus on that variation. :p I played a ton of GA so im hoping he's as viable as a rush down character in ancestral.
I don't have the game early but you will be able to IA arrow cuz of how fast everybody was dive kicking. EX will be two Fire arrows. He probably can not dive kick after air arrow

I don't have the game early but you will be able to IA arrow cuz of how fast everybody was dive kicking. EX will be two Fire arrows. He probably can not dive kick after air arrow
I wonder how that would work with the stun arrow then. Same thing you think? the wait is killing me. So many things I want to test out!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I thought Kung Jin's parents were related to Kung Lao but lived in America?

I haven't played story mode and I'm avoiding spoilers, but I don't know if that title is correct.

FinalBoss_FGC

I thought Kung Jin's parents were related to Kung Lao but lived in America?

I haven't played story mode and I'm avoiding spoilers, but I don't know if that title is correct.
Yeah he's a descendant. That sounds right. GameStop commercial says "Kung Jin, son of Kung Lao" lmao they have been consistently wrong about MKX on these GameStop commercials.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah he's a descendant. That sounds right. GameStop commercial says "Kung Jin, son of Kung Lao" lmao they have been consistently wrong about MKX on these GameStop commercials.
I was just saying I don't think his father was actually a Shaolin Monk, despite relation.

Kung Jin was a street punk in America that was sent to the Wu-Shi academy at a young age to be trained by Bo Rai Cho, IRC.

FinalBoss_FGC

I was just saying I don't think his father was actually a Shaolin Monk, despite relation.

Kung Jin was a street punk in America that was sent to the Wu-Shi academy at a young age to be trained by Bo Rai Cho, IRC.
I actually didn't put that quote, somebody edited it. It was just "Kung Jin General Discussion" lol talk to them about it

MKF30

KJ was formally a thief (ie my avatar <-----------------) til he met Raiden and convinced him to fight for a good cause, for Earthrealm.

I wish you could do his instant air arrow then dive kick but that would be op imo so I doubt that'll be the case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.