What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
@STORMS can you get this clown out of this thread?

Of all the threads for characters that you like, why do you feel the need to throw shade at us and our character?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
@STORMS can you get this clown out of this thread?

Of all the threads for characters that you like, why do you feel the need to throw shade at us and our character?
All I did was provide a description of the character from Hans Lo himself and comment on how that makes the character sound.

Go and remove the twist from your panties please.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Take your negativity elsewhere dude.

Let us be happy and enjoy a new addition to our favorites, uninterrupted.

Go to the Ermac thread, you seem to think he's interesting.

She may well have some cool as shit gameplay, but from what we know now, she is a boring-ass bland character.:coffee:
Read that description from Hans Lo again and tell me she sounds interesting
So unneeded.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I was just thinking about it and Jacqui is apparently the anti-jobber of the new characters at the moment.

we haven't even seen her in story mode yet and the girl is freaking 6 - 2 right now.

3 of those are established characters. She's beaten Cassie, three large male guards, Erron Black, and Movado so far.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Tekekinetic swordsman trained by Scorpion vs Kickboxing goodie-two-shoes who just wants to impress her dad...
A. We haven't seen him use any telekinesis yet.
B. We haven't seen him use swords yet.
C. "Trained by Scorpion" Wow, that guy whose TWO GENERATIONS OF CLAN that he also trained all, except ONE, got killed? Yeah, really impressive.
D. From the gameplay we've seen of him so far all he is is a Scorpion rip-off. He's thrown some spears. He's also not said a word. Great characterisation. REALLY interesting.

1. Exactly, she's a kickboxer. Something we haven't seen much of if any of before. Unlike spear thrower over there.
2. "Goodie-two-shoes" is another way of saying you still don't understand the character. Either that or you hold some grudge against people that can actually do well and play by the rules. She doesn't need to be some douche or some idiot to have a personality or an easy way to guarantee she'll beat people up, she can do it the right way.
3. She doesn't "just want to impress her dad". Obviously all girls at heart are daddy's little girls but you don't see people saying that about Cassie. Hell, Cassie even lives with and has a good relationship with her dad.

Please make sure you actually understand the character and her personality and backstory and her reasons for those things as well as the comparisons of those things to the rest of the cast before you decide you know her better than the people who get who she is enough to want to play her. You come from the perspective of being a Kenshi fan and I get that, I too liked Kenshi, but that's a veil for you preventing you from seeing other characters potential.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
A. We haven't seen him use any telekinesis yet.
B. We haven't seen him use swords yet.
C. "Trained by Scorpion" Wow, that guy whose TWO GENERATIONS OF CLAN that he also trained all, except ONE, got killed? Yeah, really impressive.
D. From the gameplay we've seen of him so far all he is is a Scorpion rip-off. He's thrown some spears. He's also not said a word. Great characterisation. REALLY interesting.

1. Exactly, she's a kickboxer. Something we haven't seen much of if any of before. Unlike spear thrower over there.
2. "Goodie-two-shoes" is another way of saying you still don't understand the character. Either that or you hold some grudge against people that can actually do well and play by the rules. She doesn't need to be some douche or some idiot to have a personality or an easy way to guarantee she'll beat people up, she can do it the right way.
3. She doesn't "just want to impress her dad". Obviously all girls at heart are daddy's little girls but you don't see people saying that about Cassie. Hell, Cassie even lives with and has a good relationship with her dad.

Please make sure you actually understand the character and her personality and backstory and her reasons for those things as well as the comparisons of those things to the rest of the cast before you decide you know her better than the people who get who she is enough to want to play her. You come from the perspective of being a Kenshi fan and I get that, I too liked Kenshi, but that's a veil for you preventing you from seeing other characters potential.
A. So what?
B. Yes we have, you are wrong there.
C. I don't actually get what your point is...
D. We've seen him say plenty in the comics actually.

No it's not another way of saying I don't understand the character, try and not be so condescending.

And it has nothing to do with being a Kenshi fan. I think Kotal is cooll as hell, same for Kung Jin, Cassie and Ferra/Torr. I have seen either descriptions or something about their design which makes them cool.

I have provided one of the few descriptions of Jacqui, from the senior producer himself, about her which makes her seem boring as hell. There is no description of her yet which makes her seem cool.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Whatever you think she is, she's at least not as boring as you, guy who wastes time going to threads about characters he doesn't even like instead of actually enjoying himself.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Whatever you think she is, she's at least not as boring as you, guy who wastes time going to threads about characters he doesn't even like instead of actually enjoying himself.
Go and find someone's shoulder to cry on. I'm sorry my opinion of Jacqui has upset you so much

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
A. So what?
B. Yes we have, you are wrong there.
C. I don't actually get what your point is...
D. We've seen him say plenty in the comics actually.

No it's not another way of saying I don't understand the character, try and not be so condescending.

And it has nothing to do with being a Kenshi fan. I think Kotal is cooll as hell, same for Kung Jin, Cassie and Ferra/Torr. I have seen either descriptions or something about their design which makes them cool.

I have provided one of the few descriptions of Jacqui, from the senior producer himself, about her which makes her seem boring as hell. There is no description of her yet which makes her seem cool.
A. So it's not a talking point. There's no evidence other than the casting call for the web series that's not even been announced that suggests he uses telekinesis.
B. When in gameplay have we seen him use swords?
C. Being trained by Scorpion has not fared well for most of the people that have been trained by him. So that's a bad thing.
D. Yeah, in the comics. But as for the game, which is what we're speculating about mostly here, he hasn't said anything.

I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just saying that your understanding of the character is partially stemming from not only your character bias (which everyone will have in a way, I don't mean it offensively or anything) but also one statement made by one Netherrealm team member that you took a certain way. Everyone has different opinions, I get that.

Exactly, you're looking at ONE thing about her and basing your opinion around that. For all you know she could be the smartest/funniest/strongest character but you've chosen to decide that she sounds boring because of the way you took what one guy said. And you're free to have that opinion but you can't expect that the people who actually enjoy what we've seen of the character and look forward to exploring more of her (no innuendo intended) are going to agree with you. I mean you say you think Ferra/Torr looks cool but we've arguably seen and heard even less about them than Jacqui...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Go and find someone's shoulder to cry on. I'm sorry my opinion of Jacqui has upset you so much

That's a good one.

You're the one who came in her crying about how boring you think Jacqui is.

Besides, you're a nobody on the internet, you can't upset me.

However, people who go out of their way to annoy others in a place where they choose to get together and admire a thing they like, as a whole, are annoying.

Quancheese

Shinnok Aggressor
Poor quan chi always being the test dummy for uppercut X-rays. It was in both jacqui and sonyas reveal, where his jaw gets his shit pushed in. He will need to borrow some of those wires off takeda and just wire it shut!

Status
Not open for further replies.