What's new

Ok, who's gonna lose the Russian Roulette?

who's getting killed in the patch?

• Erron Black

Votes: 38 51.4%
  • Jacqui

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Sonya

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Cassie

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Geras

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Cetrion

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

Owerbart

I miss you
Ok, so we already kinda established who the top tier characters are, and I guess overall we can situate the whole roster in a spectrum of

*Should get Nerfed
*Keep it like it is
*Buff it

But however we all know that what eventually happens with the first balance patch is not up to us but to NRS. So this is not a thread to discuss which nerfs-buffs we want. This is a thread to predict (and mourn) the character that it's gonna get nerfed to the stone age. I believe Geras, Erron, Cassie, Sonya, Jacqui and Cetrion are currently on the Russian Roulette table.

I'm believe at least one of those kharacters is gonna get fooked in the patch (deservedly or not).

So the question is, who do you think is gonna bite the bullet in this patch?

Bonus question, who do you think is going to be the kharacter most benefited in the patch?

This is not a thread about WHAT YOU WANT but rather WHAT YOU THINK IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

trufenix

bye felicia
Sonya's boned, i wouldn't be surprised if nobody else up top got touched. Too much of the game is being decided by bad hotboxes and weird move interactions.

Plus if the next round of variations are on the way i say don't touch anything. Tons of good moves for bad characters still locked up currently.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I don't think there will be many changes to be honest. I only chose Cetrion because people were complaining even before the game out so maybe they already have something in mind.

first patch to Injustice 2- which represented NRS's new and currently ongoing patch philosophy- didn't really screw over any of the top tiers. Catwoman, Batman, Superman, and Flash pretty much stayed strong the entire game.

It's actually hard to think of any character that got super fucked other than Deadshot (and IIRC that took more than 1 patch). No reason to think any different will happen now.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
NO! Make the high tiers manageable. I personally don't want a game with a broken roster. I don't want to deal with a Geras that takes your full life in 3 hits (3 krushing blows) or an Erron that is safe on literally everything. If the game will be like this at the end, I don't know if I'll stay around. The highs should be nerfed and the lows should be buffed.

Agilaz

It has begun
They should all get smacked with the nerf bat, though I think Cetrion needs it the least.

Not listed: Scorpion. If he's gonna have the tools to play his own game compared to the rest of the cast, then he doesn't get to have plus frames or anything faster than 10f.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
first patch to Injustice 2- which represented NRS's new and currently ongoing patch philosophy- didn't really screw over any of the top tiers. Catwoman, Batman, Superman, and Flash pretty much stayed strong the entire game.

It's actually hard to think of any character that got super fucked other than Deadshot (and IIRC that took more than 1 patch). No reason to think any different will happen now.
Mind if I remind you that Deadshot wasn't the only one that got super fucked? Captain Cold and Joker were completely super fucked to the point that they were kind of unplayable.

And if they carry the philosophy from INJ2 with the balance over to MK11, then this game will officially be unplayable and unbalanced, unless they sat down and thought things over.

The most nerfing deserving characters, IMO, would be Geras and Cassie. Geras packs too much damage for such easy KBs, unlike Cassie being a very fast all-rounder. Cassie might be toned down.

Jacqui is fine, but she'll need to tone down her damage amount a bit, and she'll be OK. And she needs to fix her whiff issues, as well.

Cetrion and Sonya are fine.

Erron might have to be nerfed at some point.

The other characters need serious reworks, whiff fixes, and tweakings to be playable as well.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games

Aquaman got sort of shafted after his changes, he wasn’t terrible like Deadshot but he was certainly no longer a top tier or even high tier character.

Tanno

Aquaman got sort of shafted after his changes, he wasn’t terrible like Deadshot but he was certainly no longer a top tier or even high tier character.
Oh, forgot Aquaman. His Trident Rush and his zoning got nerfed, if I remember well.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Things that I think will catch a nerf:

• Meterless pressure is getting dunked. ie jacqui cancels.
  • Fast advancing / far reaching mids, especially those that are 9f and lead to gigantic damage.
  • Krushing blows that do a multitude of the damage most others do.
  • Get Out Of Jail Free card moves that tip the risk/reward insanely high
  • gf D1 on characters that already destroy you without them ie Geras
  • D1 on block to give a wider window to take your turn
  • Throw range
  • Jump zoning with special regards to Jade's air glaive and Cetrion
Things that I think will be buffed:
  • Execution buffer so that the game does not "absorb" your inputs making you not execute something you've input
  • The above applies to dial-a-move situations where having to mash out entire strings has a greater error margin than intended
  • Weak, stationary mids that lead to no particular setup or damage
  • Special moves that are higher risk than their reward determines
  • Hit advantage on some downpokes

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't know who will, because NRS is weird with their patches sometimes. They'll bomb one character and in the same patch buff Quan Chi.

Though at this point I really couldn't care less if Geras and Erron are nuked to ultra low tier. They are just not fun to fight against in this game, and there's almost unanimous agreement on that at every level. Even when you win it's more like "ugh glad that is over". They are two characters that are the polar opposite of the neutral based meta we were given for MK11.

Tanno

Trident rush chip got nerfed pretty hard, he could no longer combo from FTD and b123 was no longer +1 iirc.
Yep, and the EX Octopus grab, which used to be comboable, got changed into HKD.

@GLoRToR , wtf? Hit advantage on downpokes? You need Hit disadvantage on downpokes to prevent mashing them out.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Things that I think will catch a nerf:

• Meterless pressure is getting dunked. ie jacqui cancels.
  • Fast advancing / far reaching mids, especially those that are 9f and lead to gigantic damage.
  • Krushing blows that do a multitude of the damage most others do.
  • Get Out Of Jail Free card moves that tip the risk/reward insanely high
  • gf D1 on characters that already destroy you without them ie Geras
  • D1 on block to give a wider window to take your turn
  • Throw range
  • Jump zoning with special regards to Jade's air glaive and Cetrion
Things that I think will be buffed:
  • Execution buffer so that the game does not "absorb" your inputs making you not execute something you've input
  • The above applies to dial-a-move situations where having to mash out entire strings has a greater error margin than intended
  • Weak, stationary mids that lead to no particular setup or damage
  • Special moves that are higher risk than their reward determines
  • Hit advantage on some downpokes
I think you are wayyyy to optimistic about this and might have been reading too many forum posts.

I think it's gonna be Erron Black. Unlike most of the other top tiers, one of his variations is already pretty bad and his base kit isn't all that either. It's a few variation specific things that make him top tier and depending on how those nerfed he could become an absolute dumpster fire.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I think the heavy-handed nerfs are likely to hit Erron most. Aside from scudd cancels and combo launchers with rifle, Erron's base kit isnt top 5 material. It's a great base kit, but it definitely isnt on the same level with the likes of Cassie, Sonya, Geras, etc.

As for the bonus question of who will win out most, I think Shao Kahn. He's already proven to be a solid character that just has a couple glaring issues. Patch those holes up and we're all gunna be facing a scary emperor.

I bet Scorpion gets gutted.
Not because he's too good, because he doesn't win shit.

Just because he destroys noobs and is the most common character online and requires the player to play patiently in order to win.

Kinda like Deadshot in IJ2. Not necessarily broken, but annoying enough for NRS to do something stupid to him.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I bet Scorpion gets gutted.
Not because he's too good, because he doesn't win shit.

Just because he destroys noobs and is the most common character online and requires the player to play patiently in order to win.

Kinda like Deadshot in IJ2. Not necessarily broken, but annoying enough for NRS to do something stupid to him.
I don't think that's a bad comparison but I don't Scorpion is at that level. I just want to say though that Deadshot being nerfed was the right move, his BF1 alone made a few characters have way less viability in tournament. Poor Swamp Thing

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don’t think anyone should be nerfed. However, it gets real boring real fast facing only a handful of characters constantly. So maybe some characters should get buffed just so there’s more variety.