What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

They are!!!????

I don't know what I said to indicate that they are, but your constant flame baiting is getting old, just stop breh.
brah I thought it was all just good humor. I guess text doesn't translate to humor or sarcasm breh. Could be convenient too for a brih to come down on a broh when....oh well. Sorry bruh. Bryh doesn't work so I'll stop. I'll bow to the mod powah
:DOGE

Plus it wasn't flame baiting just having some fun. I don't think the word 'tier' should ever be used in conversation for TE. At least not so early on

I'd like to see some more suggestions (and maybe a recap) for rebalancing what exists in the current build, what people really don't like, and love.
Not sure if this is in the scope of the last sentence in your post, but what about instead of hit counters for disabling, certain moves get disabled based on the damage dealt up to that point in the combo?

Any reason certain moves are whiffing when they shouldn't? In you vs no doubt I saw u subs knee whiff once or twice.

And I still don't like jades returnarang hitting twice. From full screen it's almost guaranteed 18% if it hits, because it'll hit twice. If both characters throw projectiles simultaneously, the other character is screwed. Except maybe a sub zero.

And I would really like a chance to play more people in this version. I find myself playing against the CPU most of the time. The hub has been dead except for the few times I have played against @DWednesday

Noob
Not sure if this is in the scope of the last sentence in your post, but what about instead of hit counters for disabling, certain moves get disabled based on the damage dealt up to that point in the combo?

Any reason certain moves are whiffing when they shouldn't? In you vs no doubt I saw u subs knee whiff once or twice.

And I still don't like jades returnarang hitting twice. From full screen it's almost guaranteed 18% if it hits, because it'll hit twice. If both characters throw projectiles simultaneously, the other character is screwed. Except maybe a sub zero.

And I would really like a chance to play more people in this version. I find myself playing against the CPU most of the time. The hub has been dead except for the few times I have played against @DWednesday
I didn't get a chance to get on at all during Christmas or the days after. I was literally offline (my internet worked just fine, LOL) for almost 5 days!

NoDoubt

nasty
Tried practicing b4 tourny but psn/xbox was down n had TE for mame119 but only played like hour by myself so nothing new from me except some ruST lmao.

Sp1c unit was boss he should made top 3 but his dumbass got cocky n picked ermac against chain. Thnks 4 coming from DC john !!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Stryker is a little better than I originally thought, not much better though. Curious to see how much the CSub slide buffs helps him out.

Yeah @NoDoubt, Kitana actually didn't get changed much in TE. She got a new string, her air wave has a new input, her fan lift has less recovery, you can do an air fan on hit after air wave too, I think that's it. She didn't need any buffs and didn't get nerfed, so she's definitely super powerful in TE.

I didn't get a chance to get on at all during Christmas or the days after. I was literally offline (my internet worked just fine, LOL) for almost 5 days!
Isn't it crazy how there was a time not long ago when smart phones, laptops, XBL, PSN, Steam, Kaillera, internet, FB, Twitter, etc didn't exist and we had to like go outside and shit? If I was born in the past 10 years, idk if I would have ever played any sports, lmao.

Stryker is a little better than I originally thought, not much better though. Curious to see how much the CSub slide buffs helps him out.

Yeah @NoDoubt, Kitana actually didn't get changed much in TE. She got a new string, her air wave has a new input, her fan lift has less recovery, you can do an air fan on hit after air wave too, I think that's it. She didn't need any buffs and didn't get nerfed, so she's definitely super powerful in TE.

Isn't it crazy how there was a time not long ago when smart phones, laptops, XBL, PSN, Steam, Kaillera, internet, FB, Twitter, etc didn't exist and we had to like go outside and shit? If I was born in the past 10 years, idk if I would have ever played any sports, lmao.
Around 2003 I had a discussion with a teacher friend of mine (I was 20 at the time), about the Internet and the revolution of it that happened in the late 90s and early 2000s. I thought there would be one more big revolution, where people had the Internet essentially at their hip. He said "no, I don't think so. I think this was the last Big revolution". How wrong he was...
But hey, my son is almost 7, and despite the wii, PS3, and iPad at his disposal, the first thing he wants to do is play outside. Or Legos.

On topic, what's the advantage of the extra hit in kitanas new string? Just more damage or...?

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
DAT KITANA!!! :eek: Not even MK2011 Kenshi could stop that beast! ;)

Loved watching these matches, can't wait to see more of UMK3:TE played by you skilled fellas. :)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
somehow taking away 1 of 2 things kabal's elbow is notable for makes the move more specific?
I had nothing to do with this change.

On topic, what's the advantage of the extra hit in kitanas new string? Just more damage or...?
Varying the timing of unblocking counters during her strings, it's like an almost mix up for aggressive counter attempts.

Stryker is way better now, I just played like ass and tried to demo too many characters. I will try to get some matches up, I really have only played against REO a couple times at tournaments so applying what we've suggested has been limited to "Does it work" "Does it cause a glitch" for me mostly.

This whole jumping vs AA is highly overstated, there are so many options in this game and variety amongst individual characters. Standing HK is your friend for the most part yes, but HK, RH, uppercut, aaJab, certain projectiles, aaLK even, just tons of different moves that can be used at different specific timings are available. Some characters do have crazy good JKs though, this is hard to compensate for because it's more so their sprite's collision box and not their attack box. If an attack extends more than a few pixels behind or beyond the edge of a character's foot, I think that should be addressed.

Last edited:

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Terrible idea alert!

Having the new final TE versions of the characters as the default selection, but having the Vanilla versions also usable, by like using the HSmoke code for each one? Kinda like what they did for SF2. Would this even be doable? Probably not. Is this a terrible idea? Probably.

Terrible idea alert!

Having the new final TE versions of the characters as the default selection, but having the Vanilla versions also usable, by like using the HSmoke code for each one? Kinda like what they did for SF2. Would this even be doable? Probably not. Is this a terrible idea? Probably.
I like it, but not likely. What I've been able to tell from videos and playing myself so far… Higher tier characters that have been Nerfed struggle some against the mid tier characters that haven't been touched much, and struggle against some of the lower tiers that have been buffed.
You would run into too many people going back to the vanilla favorites. although I think unmasked subzero would really give vanilla human smoke and Kabal a run

Also, I think that scorpions final elbow should not knock characters so far away. With his current set up, he pretty much has to rush down to get anything done, and this is pretty much a free reset for opponents

dreemernj

Ambassador
Terrible idea alert!

That's one of those ideas that's great for games that use some data driven design in the code. Umk3's is more a tactile kinesthetic coding style.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
I like it, but not likely. What I've been able to tell from videos and playing myself so far… Higher tier characters that have been Nerfed struggle some against the mid tier characters that haven't been touched much, and struggle against some of the lower tiers that have been buffed.
You would run into too many people going back to the vanilla favorites. although I think unmasked subzero would really give vanilla human smoke and Kabal a run
I just kinda meant to have in for the sake of having in. It's easy enough to just say "Vanilla chars are banned", just thought it'd be nice to still have them around :)

Something I forgot about until a few minutes ago... Sonya has some really weird leftover frames, specfically her uppercut and after her back hand knock-away combo ender. any chance of cleaning those up?

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Something I forgot about until a few minutes ago... Sonya has some really weird leftover frames, specfically her uppercut and after her back hand knock-away combo ender. any chance of cleaning those up?
I'm pretty sure I noticed some left-over frames in one of Kabal's combo strings too (I didn't play him much, but I remember his hand and hooksword showing up as a left-over in one of the strings).