What's new

OFFICIAL PDP $21,000 MK9 Tourney - Las Vegas, NV - May 14th-15th - 10K first place

REYTHEGREAT

I'm voting for some random guy who came out nowhere and we never heard of before winning everything lol.

Stream was very entertaining yesterday. Really wish the patch was out for this tournament though, sick of seeing the Lao so powerful and Cyrax's bomb trap so broken.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've been doing my best to stay out of this thread (for obvious reasons), but this is straight BS and I'm calling you on it. I personally know AT LEAST 20 people who did not go to PDP solely because of the stick restriction. I'm sure others didn't go because of travel expenses, Evo and other stuff, but the stick restriction is huge for a lot of people. I'm not blaming anyone on the ruling, but to say it had nothing to do with the number of entrants is just delusional.
I for one DEFINITELY would have gone if i could have used a pad.

Stream was very entertaining yesterday. Really wish the patch was out for this tournament though, sick of seeing the Lao so powerful and Cyrax's bomb trap so broken.
2 things among many that are getting patched

robgam3r

PSN anarchyism3
i didnt think playing on the stick was gona matter in my case it did lol but the stick is great but u have to make ajustments lol i use 8 buttion lay out but it was kool i got a pic with ed boon

RayRokka

Noob
Guy who isn't Skisonic is a terrible commentator, no joke, he is so unhype, boring and barely says anything. Skisonic isn't that great at the moment either.

EDIT: LOL at Justin Wong trolling/advertising whatever was on his shirt.
That's Adam Hernandez. He works for Neatherealm, and is a legendary fighting game player from Chicago. Chances are he could beat anyone at PDP including Tom Brady. He has sick yomi and execution. I know from personal experience, we used to play alot back in the day. All he thinks about is fighting strategy irl/vg and turntablism.

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
Adam isn't bad it's just that he's the technical expert guy. He's usually not supposed to be the hype caster, that job is for SkiSonic. Sadly, SkiSonic isn't the greatest source of hype or comedic observations. The stream was much more entertaining with LI Joe casting and with drunk people making threats to him as he commentated.

oZii

Noob
Adam isn't bad it's just that he's the technical expert guy. He's usually not supposed to be the hype caster, that job is for SkiSonic. Sadly, SkiSonic isn't the greatest source of hype or comedic observations. The stream was much more entertaining with LI Joe casting and with drunk people making threats to him as he commentated.
Agreed Sabin and Adam would be great. But li Joe and Adam was pretty good too.

Toadstyle was drinking the whole 10 hours too lol so him remaining calm and cool like that he def deserves prop.

webreg

Noob
I strongly disagree. LI Joe and Floe/Wong made me realize what a spectacular commentator SkiSonic is. I'd rather hear insight and... well... comments about the match instead of the same lame jokes time and again (Raiden Superman sound, Sexray, ...). I actually had to skip a few matches because I couldn't bear listening to him anymore. Furthermore I would have thrown the drunken guys out If I would have been the organizer of the event. They were a distraction and I imagine the people there were even more annoyed at them that I was.

I love me a joke here and there but the job of a commentator is not to be a stand up comedian (and a poor one at that) but to provide information about the action as well as background insight.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Congrats to the winners, J. Wong, Michael, LIjoe etc I saw parts of it on the stream, not all of it.

I strongly disagree. LI Joe and Floe/Wong made me realize what a spectacular commentator SkiSonic is. I'd rather hear insight and... well... comments about the match instead of the same lame jokes time and again (Raiden Superman sound, Sexray, ...). I actually had to skip a few matches because I couldn't bear listening to him anymore. Furthermore I would have thrown the drunken guys out If I would have been the organizer of the event. They were a distraction and I imagine the people there were even more annoyed at them that I was.

I love me a joke here and there but the job of a commentator is not to be a stand up comedian (and a poor one at that) but to provide information about the action as well as background insight.
Very true. I personally found LI Joe to be funny but if you turned away your head for any reason you could keep track of what was going on with Skisnoic but would get lost immediately with LI Joe. Skisonic was on point with his play by play.

Tw1sted

Noob
i was chanting "joe's gonna kill you" during his awesome comeback against perfectlegend. definitly marked out for that guy. i also came to realize that alot of those popular pro players are pretty big assholes. so its was nice to see joe being cool. this tournament definitly opened my eyes to the real personalities of some of these guys.

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
On day 2, however; SkiSonic upped his game and brought the hype this time. Every upset, every close game, every dropped combo was emphatically observed by him. GDLK to him for trying to restrain himself from screaming in excitement during matches.

Hell by the end of some of the fights SkiSonic sounded like he had just had an orgasm.

REYTHEGREAT

On day 2, however; SkiSonic upped his game and brought the hype this time. Every upset, every close game, every dropped combo was emphatically observed by him. GDLK to him for trying to restrain himself from screaming in excitement during matches.

Hell by the end of some of the fights SkiSonic sounded like he had just had an orgasm.
haha. he did great.

does anyone have the matches on youtube?

i was chanting "joe's gonna kill you" during his awesome comeback against perfectlegend. definitly marked out for that guy. i also came to realize that alot of those popular pro players are pretty big assholes. so its was nice to see joe being cool. this tournament definitly opened my eyes to the real personalities of some of these guys.
Not sure who you're talking about but everyone in the top 8 is pretty cool.

When you're in the middle of a competition, especially one that's got 21k on the line, it's hard to be personable and go out of your way to be cool with random guys who come up to talk to you.

Just got back with an extreme hangover, had a great time even though I didn't win (I was the guy in the Bruce Lee shirt with the white Jets hat). Congrats to the winners.

Did not like the stick one bit as being a pure pad player, I knew as I played my first practice match. I had trouble jumping back and forward with that thing.

Anyway, was nice meeting Floe, Kung Wong, Krazie Bone, Tom Brady, LI Joe, Ski and the rest, you guys are awesome.