What's new

OFFICIAL PDP $21,000 MK9 Tourney - Las Vegas, NV - May 14th-15th - 10K first place

There is also this going on for Saturday:

Side tournaments you can use whatever you want $40 winner take all $5 entry. I think rules would be if you win a tourney you can't enter the very next one but you can enter the one immediately following that.

Basically you can use whatever pad, stick you want for XBOX 360 on those tournaments but the winner has to "skip" the immediate tournament but can enter the next one.

These should be single elimination 2/3 games quick tourneys and I don't think PDP is taking a cut on any of those nor do I think you have to pay a cover charge to play in them (I know they are taking no cash or entries at the event).

In any case, that's my last posting on this thread as I will be in Vegas in a couple of hours. Good luck to everyone at the tournament !

McNasty

Moist.
Ill be in the sides and cheering on my friends in the normal tourney.

edit: bone and anyone else in vegas this weekend a bunch of us are going to insert coins tonight.

I'll be on the rail spectating/drinking. This is the first gaming tournament I've ever been to, don't know what to expect. I won't be playing in the tournament due to the stick. Should I bring down my x-box and ps3 controller? I heard they have casual tournaments which I would be very interested in playing.

oZii

Noob
Matches have had their share of some bad play but the hype matches have been so good especially that last Jwong Match was intense shows that Jwong knows how to adjust his game well. REO is auto top 16?

Zebster

How's my volume?
Guy who isn't Skisonic is a terrible commentator, no joke, he is so unhype, boring and barely says anything. Skisonic isn't that great at the moment either.

EDIT: LOL at Justin Wong trolling/advertising whatever was on his shirt.

oZii

Noob
Guy who isn't Skisonic is a terrible commentator, no joke, he is so unhype, boring and barely says anything. Skisonic isn't that great at the moment either.

EDIT: LOL at Justin Wong trolling/advertising whatever was on his shirt.
I actually liked the commentary for the most part more professional. He knows his stuff techinically. He is Toadstyle a DJ former pro 3s player and UMK player. I think he was there for more of the technical part. Ski kept it kind of hype and the Hype dude in the audience was pretty much the only hype needed lol.

Its a EG shirt wong was showing which is the team he is on.

I actually liked the commentary for the most part more professional. He knows his stuff techinically. He is Toadstyle a DJ former pro 3s player and UMK player. I think he was there for more of the technical part. Ski kept it kind of hype and the Hype dude in the audience was pretty much the only hype needed lol.

Its a EG shirt wong was showing which is the team he is on.
Oh god, the hype guy was the best. I'm pretty sure PDP just paid him off in booze.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
is the stream lagging hardcore for anyone else? I get to watch about 5 seconds of a match and it freezes for like a minute... :(

my connection maybe? Never happened before... :(

I am also having some issues with the stream lagging, but it's not generally bad. Started watching late (had to work today,) but I am glad it's still going.

Zebster

How's my volume?
is the stream lagging hardcore for anyone else? I get to watch about 5 seconds of a match and it freezes for like a minute... :(

my connection maybe? Never happened before... :(
Have you tried setting the quality to 240p? (it's been moved to the bottom right of the stream window now)