What's new

OFFICIAL PDP $21,000 MK9 Tourney - Las Vegas, NV - May 14th-15th - 10K first place

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
They might of had more if they had more sticks for sale. Its hard to justify spending a good deal of money to participate in a tourny where you are uncomfortable with the stick. I love MK and will support it,but they shoulda thought of this.
I think that the rule of being forced to use their stick is what deterred most people from entering along with the fact that most people are saving for EVO.

If I had to pick either the PDP or EVO tournaments to go to, I would not pass on EVO even if I knew that I would win the $10k.

Good luck to everyone! I'll be watching the stream.

There were 180 entrants. I don't think that's bad considering it's expensive as hell to fly to Vegas but not being able to use a pad had nothing to do with entrants since this is specifically for MK only and EVO is a completely different story. I fully expect 500 people to enter EVO with the rate this game is going these days.

Pools were separate by region but there were so many NEvada/Cali players that 5-6 of them EACH are in every pool.

There are also all day $5 tourneys 8 man winner take all single elimination which you can use ANYTHING you want (pad or stick, etc)

My top 8 predictions are going to probably have:
Valle, JOP, Perfect Legend, Justin, Floe, iloveu

After that I have no idea....8 pools, 21-25 players in each pool....

Yeah, 180 for a short notice tourney in Vegas with only one game is actually pretty damn good.

I hope it's all a success, and I know we're all looking forward to watching the stream.

Tw1sted

Noob
well if i had to pick one of those to fight for a spot, i'm comin after you :p

joking aside, hearing that theres less than 200 people means i have a way better shot than i imagined. i was thinking hundreds of people were going.

There are also all day $5 tourneys 8 man winner take all single elimination which you can use ANYTHING you want (pad or stick, etc)
Are there going to be PDP sticks provided for the 8 man tourneys or do we need to bring our own for that? Was planning to leave my stick home since it's a hassle to bring on plane.

REO

Undead
JOP or Perfect Legend definitely gonna take this. Kung Lao bitching era is finally going to come to and end once and for all and everyone can start complaining about Raiden or whatever char wins.

I will be watching the stream, looking forward to some of the top matches.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
By all means Perfect Legend probably should win it...

I mean I respect the guy's skill, but a head start is a head start.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I got my money on JOP or Perfect Legend. I think Jwong will get at least top 5.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
Whos JOP

JOP or Perfect Legend definitely gonna take this. Kung Lao bitching era is finally going to come to and end once and for all and everyone can start complaining about Raiden or whatever char wins.

The Era of Lao will be over. In which will usher forth the Era of Shang Tsung.

start crying. lol

See you there!
I'm looking forward to it. We got to get some games in. also, you want an interview? I will put you on the spot, but it will be fair.

At least we won't have to deal with you here at PDP, thank God, cause you are a threat at any tournament, mr. REO.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hope to see you guys tomorrow. :)

btw @ R.E.L & Shoryuken - I totally forgot I have midterms this week, which means I will definitely get out of class early!

Sup all, in POD2, I actually live here in Vegas. Haven't even touched this arcade stick yet heh. Don't have HIGH HOPES but do hope I do well. If anyone wants to chill at my pad and not pay for hotel rooms let me know and we'll meet up. Maybe just throw me some gas monies or something.

WRD

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Driving up with UltraDavid and Evil Elvis. See you guys there.

My Top 8 predictions:

1 - Raiden
2 - Raiden
3 - Kung Lao
4 - Raiden
5 - Raiden
6 - Kung Lao
7 - Kung Lao
8 - Sub-Zero

DCP

Noob
Driving up with UltraDavid and Evil Elvis. See you guys there.

My Top 8 predictions:

1 - Raiden
2 - Raiden
3 - Kung Lao
4 - Raiden
5 - Raiden
6 - Kung Lao
7 - Kung Lao
8 - Sub-Zero
Hopefully you're right, these are the characters I have the most experience against, and I feel like I know the matchups. As for me, I'm rocking Mr. Cage as usual :) I'll see you guys there, I will be wearing my DCP hat, haha.

DrDogg

Noob
There were 180 entrants. I don't think that's bad considering it's expensive as hell to fly to Vegas but not being able to use a pad had nothing to do with entrants since this is specifically for MK only and EVO is a completely different story. I fully expect 500 people to enter EVO with the rate this game is going these days.
I've been doing my best to stay out of this thread (for obvious reasons), but this is straight BS and I'm calling you on it. I personally know AT LEAST 20 people who did not go to PDP solely because of the stick restriction. I'm sure others didn't go because of travel expenses, Evo and other stuff, but the stick restriction is huge for a lot of people. I'm not blaming anyone on the ruling, but to say it had nothing to do with the number of entrants is just delusional.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've been doing my best to stay out of this thread (for obvious reasons), but this is straight BS and I'm calling you on it. I personally know AT LEAST 20 people who did not go to PDP solely because of the stick restriction. I'm sure others didn't go because of travel expenses, Evo and other stuff, but the stick restriction is huge for a lot of people. I'm not blaming anyone on the ruling, but to say it had nothing to do with the number of entrants is just delusional.
I have to agree with Doc here. Yesterday I was saying to myself that I expected at most 150 players, so 180 is pretty good. The controller restriction does play a huge role, not just that you can't use a pad, but that you have to use a specific stick that most people couldn't even practice on.

Anyway, I'm really hyped to watch this on stream! Can't wait!