What's new

OFFICIAL PDP $21,000 MK9 Tourney - Las Vegas, NV - May 14th-15th - 10K first place

Hey so I will be going up to Vegas kinda early in that week. I would love to meet up with anyone for some practice.

I'm down to meet and practice.

I am not a big fan of the stick, but you just have to deal with it. PDP is throwing out $21,000 for the community. I believe the best we can do is support their products. They are trying here. =p
Let's meet and practice? Whaddya say?

I live in the Las Vegas/Henderson area, for anyone that wants information concerning the locations or maybe need a practice buddy the Friday prior, hook me up with a PM
Will do.

Alright whos going to this?
So far so good, I'll be there God willing.

McNasty

Moist.
This Friday and Saturday the tournament organizers of the PDP tournament will be having an event at Insert Coins 7-10pm the new game bar in Las Vegas. They will be giving away sticks playing matches with the public and will have registration open. So if your in town come on down and play the TO's and register for the tournament in person.

I just registered for the tourney and bought my plane tickets.....can't believe I'm actually going to this. Never been to a fighting game tournament before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I've heard people talking about money matches and stuff in hotel rooms, but I don't really know anyone in this community because I am new to it. Just wondering how you go about finiding money matches and stuff. Hopefully I can meet some of the people from the forum.

Thanks.

lobo

woof.
I just registered for the tourney and bought my plane tickets.....can't believe I'm actually going to this. Never been to a fighting game tournament before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I've heard people talking about money matches and stuff in hotel rooms, but I don't really know anyone in this community because I am new to it. Just wondering how you go about finiding money matches and stuff. Hopefully I can meet some of the people from the forum.

Thanks.
awesome. prepare to become a junky. your first tournament is like taking that first hit...

even forum dicks are chill irl. the best way to go about meeting people is gonna be to just waltz up to the casual stations, call next game, and introduce yourself to people as you whoop their asses.

if you wish to set up moneymatches...there is usually a thread for them for major events. if there is not, just go to the main thread (this one), call everyone in it garbage, and then offer up $20 to anyone who thinks they can prove otherwise! the way i look at it, is that i'd happily pay $20 for a ft5/ft10 set against a better player for the learning experience, and i'd even more happily take $20 from someone for doubting me.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I get out of school at 3ish... If anybody is leaving Cali to Vegas after that time, please let me know...

awesome. prepare to become a junky. your first tournament is like taking that first hit...

even forum dicks are chill irl. the best way to go about meeting people is gonna be to just waltz up to the casual stations, call next game, and introduce yourself to people as you whoop their asses.

if you wish to set up moneymatches...there is usually a thread for them for major events. if there is not, just go to the main thread (this one), call everyone in it garbage, and then offer up $20 to anyone who thinks they can prove otherwise! the way i look at it, is that i'd happily pay $20 for a ft5/ft10 set against a better player for the learning experience, and i'd even more happily take $20 from someone for doubting me.
Thanks man, appreciate the insight. I am pumped. I don't really know how good I am, I know I'm not gonna win the tourney or anything, but I just hope to do decent. Need to find some good players online this week to practice with.

Tw1sted

Noob
i'm going to be going and i'm filming the whole week leading up to it to hopefully edit together a short documentary. at the very least i'll be putting a ton of videos up on my youtube channel. i've got two cameras, one with external mic input. i'll be flying in on the friday morning so i'll definitly be wanting to film at Insert Coins since i've heard about it. i also would love to play casuals since the bulk of my practice right now is coming from online play (and i only bought the 360 copy yesterday so not very much of that either) so i'm just dying for offline practice. if anyone is cool and wanna hang out before, during, or after the tournament and want in on some interviews and just general exposure on my channel then hit me up cuz i'm going all out for footage. most importantly i'm going all out to play and get as far in the tournament as i can to dictate how i'm going to handle future tournament endevors including going back to vegas for EVO.

so if anyone is down with that then hit me up.

i'm going to be going and i'm filming the whole week leading up to it to hopefully edit together a short documentary. at the very least i'll be putting a ton of videos up on my youtube channel. i've got two cameras, one with external mic input. i'll be flying in on the friday morning so i'll definitly be wanting to film at Insert Coins since i've heard about it. i also would love to play casuals since the bulk of my practice right now is coming from online play (and i only bought the 360 copy yesterday so not very much of that either) so i'm just dying for offline practice. if anyone is cool and wanna hang out before, during, or after the tournament and want in on some interviews and just general exposure on my channel then hit me up cuz i'm going all out for footage. most importantly i'm going all out to play and get as far in the tournament as i can to dictate how i'm going to handle future tournament endevors including going back to vegas for EVO.

so if anyone is down with that then hit me up.
Cool

Tw1sted

Noob
so i got an email saying i'm in pool 8. anybody else know their pools? looks like i won't even be playing my first match till 5pm saturday. sounds like plenty of time for casuals.

The ballroom will be open at 10:00 AM for practice on the PDP Mortal Kombat Fight Sticks for 360.

Pools 1 through 4 will play matches from 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM on Saturday, May 14. You MUST check-in at your pool 30 minutes before your match or risk disqualification.
Pools 5 through 8 will play matches from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM on Saturday, May 14. Again, you MUST check in at your pool 30 minutes before your match or risk disqualification.

I am in pool 8 too. Is it regional? I am from NY.

Tw1sted

Noob
The ballroom will be open at 10:00 AM for practice on the PDP Mortal Kombat Fight Sticks for 360.

Pools 1 through 4 will play matches from 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM on Saturday, May 14. You MUST check-in at your pool 30 minutes before your match or risk disqualification.
Pools 5 through 8 will play matches from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM on Saturday, May 14. Again, you MUST check in at your pool 30 minutes before your match or risk disqualification.

I am in pool 8 too. Is it regional? I am from NY.
i'm from louisiana. so i guess its random. can't be based on time of entry since i registered right when registration was available.

i'm from louisiana. so i guess its random. can't be based on time of entry since i registered right when registration was available.
Dude wtf I'm from Louisana. We need to meet up and practice some time after this thing ends.

On another note, I left louisana and am driving to Vegas as we speak. According to my gps I have 19 hours to go.

If anyone is already in Vegas or will be early hit me up. 504-616-3671. I would fucking love to practice or whatever.

They might of had more if they had more sticks for sale. Its hard to justify spending a good deal of money to participate in a tourny where you are uncomfortable with the stick. I love MK and will support it,but they shoulda thought of this.