What's new

Official NBA Thread - Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA CHAMPS

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I didn't see one so I'd thought I'd make one. Who's your favorite team (FYI, I hate all you bandwagon Lakers/Celtics/Heat fans)? Who do you think will win it all this year?

-So Dallas is up 2-0 on LA (If you said you predicted this, you are lying. Stop it). At this rate, I see Dal winning 4-1. LA is getting out played pretty badly
-Chi-Atl are tied 1-1. I see Chi winning this series 4-2
-OKC-Memphis. Memphis bodied the Spurs, but they aren't getting past OKC. OKC wins 4-2, no way this goes 7 games
-D-Wade and friends are up 2-0, kind of surprising. I will not be surprised if the Celtics get swept (I hate both teams could care less)

My prediction:

NBA Finals Chicago over OKC 4-2

Before you hate on my prediction, do realize that everytime the Bulls have won 60+ games, they won a championship. Just saying

Bud_Man

Noob
I'm a Spurs fan and can't stand the Mavs and Lakers, but respect Dirk and Kobe. I think it's gonna be Heat over Mavs, but I've been wrong on all my playoff predictions thus far. The Bulls, to me, are a one man show and lack a big 3. Drose is a beast, tho.

Jedah

Fallen God
Crazy turn of events... Kobe did not step up one bit. Exciting playoffs happening before our eyes!

Also the bulls won everytime they won 60+ games because they had #23 AKA the GOAT

D-Rose Ain't MJ

Jedah

Fallen God
LOL nice Tim let's put it into perspective Kobe has only led his team to 2 Championships! Even the last one he shot terribly and Gasol Should have been named Finals mvp....

Ya maybe MVP for that game...not the finals tho. Props to Pau tho. I'm also a Lakers fan (not a band wagon) i have always liked them. Im so suprised the mavs swept them. Nobody would've guessed that. I think the finals will be Heat over Mavs 4-2

Lakers all day everyday. I am very disgusted with what went down. I don't know why Pau Gasol would let a suppose break-up get in the way of playing basketball. Gasol lost his balls, he's the first in line to get shipped out offseason. I know Buss will not accept this type of bullshit. Time to bring in Howard and CP3. It will happen.

As for who wins this year i'm not sure. It ain't going to be Boston, those [ban incoming]s are done. I think it will be Mia vs Dal. I think Mia in 6.

LOL nice Tim let's put it into perspective Kobe has only led his team to 2 Championships! Even the last one he shot terribly and Gasol Should have been named Finals mvp....
You're dumb. Kobe had a great game 7, he had more rebounds then the whole Celtics. He played great defence on Allen. Plus the mvp award is awarded to the best player in the series, not in a single game.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Time to bring in Howard and CP3. It will happen.
You don't seriously believe the Lakers will acquire both do you? I mean, everybody can see Howard wants out of Orlando and most likely will be a Laker, no question. CP3 will be in NY my friend

TWZTID

Noob
As long as the Lakers and Celtics are out... It's all good... im rooting for the Heat.

ima Pistons fan BTW

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Lakers all day. Win or lose. We got outplayed bad by the Mavs though, they played amazing basketball... they deserved the very convincing win.

And its funny how every forum I join has Kobe haters just because he is not as good as MJ. Come on man. That argument (insert your fave player here) is not MJ or is not greater than MJ is sillly. Being not greater than MJ isnt a bad thing. Im a big MJ fan, I think he raised the bar so high that no one can touch his legacy, but come on... give props when props is due.

Bud_Man

Noob
Tonight's game, Grizz n OKC, was fking epic...triple OT. The Celts n Heat game was good too, but, damn, that game was awesome.

Jedah

Fallen God
You're dumb. Kobe had a great game 7, he had more rebounds then the whole Celtics. He played great defence on Allen. Plus the mvp award is awarded to the best player in the series, not in a single game.
Gasol out performed Kobe throughout the entire NBA finals although Kobe got boards props to him for that most of them were very uncontested rebounds that just came off the rim to him.He was 6/24 btw and was awarded the NBA finals MVP while shooting the lowest FG% in NBA finals History for a MVP. Just like how kobe was just selected on the all Defensive first team for 2011 over Wade and Tony Allen Media Hype.

Im a big MJ fan, I think he raised the bar so high that no one can touch his legacy, but come on... give props when props is due.
I have to give props he's Kobe bryant AKA one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball but i just don't like when people compare him to MJ by saying he's chasing after that sixth ring when in reality its not equal to what MJ accomplished.

You don't seriously believe the Lakers will acquire both do you? I mean, everybody can see Howard wants out of Orlando and most likely will be a Laker, no question. CP3 will be in NY my friend
Not right off the bat. LA can go either way and get one of the 2, and then get the other mid-season or by the end of next season. We can get them, we're the Lakers.

Lakers all day. Win or lose. We got outplayed bad by the Mavs though, they played amazing basketball... they deserved the very convincing win.

And its funny how every forum I join has Kobe haters just because he is not as good as MJ. Come on man. That argument (insert your fave player here) is not MJ or is not greater than MJ is sillly. Being not greater than MJ isnt a bad thing. Im a big MJ fan, I think he raised the bar so high that no one can touch his legacy, but come on... give props when props is due.
It's funny how all the haters bring out Jordan and their not even Bulls fans.

Gasol out performed Kobe throughout the entire NBA finals although Kobe got boards props to him for that most of them were very uncontested rebounds that just came off the rim to him.He was 6/24 btw and was awarded the NBA finals MVP while shooting the lowest FG% in NBA finals History for a MVP. Just like how kobe was just selected on the all Defensive first team for 2011 over Wade and Tony Allen Media Hype.
lol what series did you watch? The most valuable player in the finals was Bryant not Gasol. I do agree with you tho, Bryant didnt deserve to be in the all-defensive team. Wade should of been there.

Bud_Man

Noob
If you were to compare Jordan and Kobe's career you would find that they are both very different, besides them having been coached by Phil Jackson and are multi-championship winners. I think it is very convient for people to compare the 2 because they both were under, arguably, the best head coach ever in the NBA.

I'm a huge ball fan, and I'll strongly say, it's HARD to compare 2 great ballers. Both, had different supporting casts...both, have faced different levels of competitiveness...You could use stats to compare, but that is not good enough; because, some points are more valuable than others. Their is no measument of value to a FG, RB, AS, etc... One FG could mean a buzzer beating win, another, not. Thats the problem with stats.

Jordan was and still is very marketable. His shoes and clothing still sell for a lot of money. Kobe is not. You either like him or hate'm. Especailly, after his stunt with Sexual Assault. His screwed his public persona and it still has not recovered. I definetly think he will not be talked about as much as Jordan after retirement. It's too bad because he is one of the greatest. Like'm or not, he is.

Kobe is going to surpass Kareem in All-Time Points (Jordan easily would have if he didn't retire twice during his career), he will not surpass Jordan's All-Time PPG% (keep in mind Jordan shot the ball alot, alot), they are looking to finish even for FGM (again, Jordan shot the ball alot and would be higher on the list if he were not retire twice in his career), it's all very neck-in-neck in terms of other stats.

What matters to me, is Xfactor, is he clutch? Both, are. And, both, are very durable. They play long minutes, they play hurt...they are tough.

Kobe has a strong attitude that I think affects things on the court and in the locker room, but he has a lot of passion for the game like Jordan. Except, Jordan didn't feud with teammates and upper-management.

In my opinion, who is the greatest baller? Jordan is better than Kobe. But, IMO, neither are the greatest! Magic was, hands down! He could play all 5 spots (like Lebron but he wont be the greatest because of the team he is on now). Stellar Stats (better than Jordan and Kobe) + Clutch = GREATEST.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Not right off the bat. LA can go either way and get one of the 2, and then get the other mid-season or by the end of next season. We can get them, we're the Lakers.
Get one of the 2 when? CP3 and Howard can opt out the same time, 2012. By then a new CBA will be in place also. If you think w/the Lakers keeping Kobe and Gasol AND will have money for 2 max free agents, that's just being a fan, that's not being realistic. Howard, yes, I agree. Cause he wants to go there. CP3? Can't afford him. Not when his buddies Melo/Amare want him bad, will have money to afford him, and he already mentioned 2 years ago they will play together.

I personally think Jordan is the best of all time, for what he did for basketball, his approach to the game, and his mind boggling stats. Yet, Kobe is RIGHT behind him and 99% of the league, past and present, would love to be compared to Jordan on a nightly basis, so it's not like it's a slap to Kobe

Tim Static

Adminerator
Everybody was a Bulls/Jordan fan in the 1990's. Anyone who wasnt a NYK, Portland, Cleveland, Utah, Seattle or Phoenix fans.

wait, they all loved him too.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Everybody was a Bulls/Jordan fan in the 1990's. Anyone who wasnt a Portland, Cleveland, Utah or Phoenix fans.

wait, they all loved him too.
If it wasn't for Jordan, Knicks have 3 rings in the 90s. True story (and still bitter) but I respect Jordan and the Bulls very much. Hate him, but mad respect for him

Bud_Man

Noob
Its hard to get a whole nonbasketball market to hate you. Kobe did that with his sexual assualt charges, Vic did that with dog fighting... Jordan never did that... on a side note, Magic had a Bird to get through for a championship. That guy was all over the gym.

How do you know if i am not a fan of the Chicago bulls?
Wasn't reffering to you.
Kobe has a strong attitude that I think affects things on the court and in the locker room, but he has a lot of passion for the game like Jordan. Except, Jordan didn't feud with teammates and upper-management.

In my opinion, who is the greatest baller? Jordan is better than Kobe. But, IMO, neither are the greatest! Magic was, hands down! He could play all 5 spots (like Lebron but he wont be the greatest because of the team he is on now). Stellar Stats (better than Jordan and Kobe) + Clutch = GREATEST.
Don't forget it's also easier to hate on Kobe since he's with the Lakers. Everyone hates LA everyone.

Get one of the 2 when? CP3 and Howard can opt out the same time, 2012. By then a new CBA will be in place also. If you think w/the Lakers keeping Kobe and Gasol AND will have money for 2 max free agents, that's just being a fan, that's not being realistic. Howard, yes, I agree. Cause he wants to go there. CP3? Can't afford him. Not when his buddies Melo/Amare want him bad, will have money to afford him, and he already mentioned 2 years ago they will play together.
They can get Howard this off-season but one of our bigs has to leave. Prolly Pau+Odom. As for CP3 you're right he might not come here right away. If he does go to NY then I guess LA would have to look at Deron Williams.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Wasn't reffering to you.
Don't forget it's also easier to hate on Kobe since he's with the Lakers. Everyone hates LA everyone.

They can get Howard this off-season but one of our bigs has to leave. Prolly Pau+Odom. As for CP3 you're right he might not come here right away. If he does go to NY then I guess LA would have to look at Deron Williams.
You are thinking about 2012, not next year. Next year, they are all under contract, otherwise there would have been more Melo like moves (Melo could opt out next year, not howard/cp3/williams).

And w/who the lakers have, I just don't see how they would be able to afford Williams/Howard/Kobe/Gasol, plus their bench, plus Odom. It's safe ot assume Bynum gets traded for Howard. There might be a hard salary cap in the next CBA also

Jedah

Fallen God
If you were to compare Jordan and Kobe's career you would find that they are both very different, besides them having been coached by Phil Jackson and are multi-championship winners. I think it is very convient for people to compare the 2 because they both were under, arguably, the best head coach ever in the NBA.

I'm a huge ball fan, and I'll strongly say, it's HARD to compare 2 great ballers. Both, had different supporting casts...both, have faced different levels of competitiveness...You could use stats to compare, but that is not good enough; because, some points are more valuable than others. Their is no measument of value to a FG, RB, AS, etc... One FG could mean a buzzer beating win, another, not. Thats the problem with stats.

Jordan was and still is very marketable. His shoes and clothing still sell for a lot of money. Kobe is not. You either like him or hate'm. Especailly, after his stunt with Sexual Assault. His screwed his public persona and it still has not recovered. I definetly think he will not be talked about as much as Jordan after retirement. It's too bad because he is one of the greatest. Like'm or not, he is.

Kobe is going to surpass Kareem in All-Time Points (Jordan easily would have if he didn't retire twice during his career), he will not surpass Jordan's All-Time PPG% (keep in mind Jordan shot the ball alot, alot), they are looking to finish even for FGM (again, Jordan shot the ball alot and would be higher on the list if he were not retire twice in his career), it's all very neck-in-neck in terms of other stats.

What matters to me, is Xfactor, is he clutch? Both, are. And, both, are very durable. They play long minutes, they play hurt...they are tough.

*WARNING THIS MAY BE LONG! LMAO!

Being Marketable doesn't necessarily mean Player A is better then Player B. What Jordan accomplished far out ways what Kobe and Magic Johnson have accomplished. To Say Kobe is as clutch as Michael is nuts he is 28% in clutch situation which is average he also only has 1 buzzer beater in the playoff's(Which Btw they went on to lose that series). When people think of Michael you instantly have memories such as the SHOT to win the series in Cleveland or you think of the steal and shot that shattered the Utah Jazz (on route to win his sixth title in 8 years and was finals mvp all six times.)

Does Kobe or Magic have 10 scoring titles the answer is no... have they won the allstar MVP,Season MVP,Defensive player of the year and Scoring title all in one season? the Answer is no. Were they 6 for 6 in the NBA finals while dropping a whooping 41ppg on 50% shooting in one of the series? the answer is no. Have either one of them 3 peated twice and doing so without a dominant big man? the answer is no. This is not to say that i don't love Kobe or Magic because believe me there quite frankly truly amazing basketball players. But these are some of the reasons why Michael is truly untouchable and was simply an astonishing thing to watch. He had the offensive game and the defense to match it and most importantly he had the Swagger!

Anyways back to the playoffs.... anyone feel that Boston can come back in this series against the heat?