What's new

Official MK9 Community Matchup Chart

CD jr

Noob
yeah im using jax at sb all the way.theres a few things i still need to learn about rain i will use him at nec

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I post my write up soon when i have time and will address all your questions asked to me in response to my list

Sabin

Elder God
there is something about jax that people dont know and is that he doesnt have to come to you at all he got tools to zone too i mean after they gave him faster recovery on his projectie his zoning game got CRAZY. i know this was online but [MENTION=2311]Sabin[/MENTION] can give some input here on what im talking about we played a couple of matches today and i was using this new tech on him.
yeah it was online but i saw the proof of concept. Not only can you not zone jax (well you can but absolutely has to be full screen/him without meter) but trying to play zoning with him can be dangerous for sure if he catches on to your projectile patterns. bottom line in my eyes jax is at least pretty close to S. have to play some more to really say though.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
since were all doing match up charts..

its pretty simple with sindel, if she can keep you at a distance and throw her fireballs shes golden. if you can get in her face shes fucked. unlike the rest of the cast she has nothing to interrupt her foes offense from neutral frames. there d+1 but umm hers has no distance..

vs Raiden 3-7

vs Mileena 3.5-6.5
vs Cyrax 3.5-6.5
vs Kung Lao 3.5-6.5
vs Smoke 3.5-6.5

vs Reptile 4-6 (havent faced a top reptile post patch) could now be a 5-5 match
vs Kabal 4-6
vs Rain 4-6
vs Sektor 4-6
vs ermac 4-6
vs Jade 4-6
vs Nightwolf 4-6

vs Kitana 4.5-5.5
vs johnny Cage 4.5-5.5
vs Liu Kang 4.5-5.5
vs Cybersubzero 4.5-5.5
vs Noob 4.5-5.5

vs Kano 5-5
vs Freddy 5-5
vs Skarlett 5-5
vs Sheeva 5-5
vs Kenshi 5-5
vs Jax 5-5
vs Shang Tsung 5-5
vs Quan Chi 5-5
vs Scorpion 5-5
vs Subzero 5-5
vs Sindel x-x

vs Baraka 6-4
vs Sonya 6-4
vs Stryker 6-4

=

CD jr

Noob
yeah it was online but i saw the proof of concept. Not only can you not zone jax (well you can but absolutely has to be full screen/him without meter) but trying to play zoning with him can be dangerous for sure if he catches on to your projectile patterns. bottom line in my eyes jax is at least pretty close to S. have to play some more to really say though.
damn art idk about s tier lol you went to far. jax is upper mid tier for him to be s tier he has to have alot of advantage on most of the cast almost all of his matchups are 5-5.in opinion these are the best characters in mk after the patch in that same order:kabal,cyrax,noob,raiden,kitana,sub zero,reptile,and kung lao.

Sabin

Elder God
I said pretty close to S. not quite though. and i also said i had to see u playing other ppl more! his lack of midscreen damage is still a problem. and i see he still has trouble closing the gap without meter. so i wouldnt put him in S quite yet. but i think hes hella good now.

D. R.

Noob
Noob's Match Up Chart:

Baraka: 7-3
Cyber Sub-Zero: 5-5
Cyrax: 4-6
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 4-6
Jade: 4-6
Jax: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 6-4
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 5-5
Kenshi: 6-4
Kitana: 5-5
Kratos: LOL
Kung Lao: 4-6
Liu Kang: 7-3
Mileena: 5-5
Nightwolf: 4-6
Noob Saibot: 5~5
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 3-7
Rain: 4-6
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 6-4
Sektor: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 6-4
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 6-4
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 7-3
Stryker: 5-5
Sub-Zero: 6-4

Total: 156

How I feel at the moment with Noob in the early phases of this patch. Time may change my mind. He's always had the tools to fight, so he's very solid now imo. His buffs and other characters nerfs have helped him tremendously, but his projectiles having such bad recovery will always be his downfall.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I know this is off topic but..... can you change your avatar? It makes me wanna throw up.
Don't be mad

On a serious note, this chart is coming together very nicely. Great job so far guys, glad to see this finally taking off

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Jade is Rose in Vanilla SFIV...

I'll add some feedback on each match a bit later. Post-Patch we have push-back on staff grab, and safe 4F3 which pushes back. None of which give her any up-close pressure besides what she already had. The only new pressure game she has is her returning boomerangs on block, which is actually all a gimmick. Match-ups she might have won, now she loses because of the changes in the other characters. Baraka which was 5-5 imo is now 4-5. SubZero 6-4 is now 5-5... Her U3 move you can now neutral duck, and there are really no mix-ups with U3 and staff overhead because "SO" is too slow. U3 is also now air-born at a specific height which is good, but doesn't really change any match numbers.

I'm still exploring her though after the patch. So I'll update this if I get anything new. I'll try and get a lot of match-up experience with her at my local gatherings and if you see me online, I'll probably be using a lot of Jade. Just don't challenge me if you live in antartica or some shit... lol

4-6 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs SubZero
4-6 vs Reptile
4-6 vs Ermac
6-4 vs Noob
3-7 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Rain
4-6 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Kitana
6-4 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Sektor
4-6 vs Cyrax
4-6 vs Cyber SubZero
4-6 vs Kenshi
3-7 vs Freddy
6-4 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Sonya
5-5 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Kano
4-6 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Baraka
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Quan Chi
3-7 vs Raiden
6-4 vs Sheeva

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
there is something about jax that people dont know and is that he doesnt have to come to you at all he got tools to zone too i mean after they gave him faster recovery on his projectie his zoning game got CRAZY. i know this was online but [MENTION=2311]Sabin[/MENTION] can give some input here on what im talking about we played a couple of matches today and i was using this new tech on him.
Wow...that change the way we thought he was. I was doing more mix up and just picking my spots with him. Trying to set a solid pace with the fireball. How do you punish well with Jax? I have seen you just bait people like crazy to get he job done. I have seen any solid punishment from you.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I've got some help from THTB and REO on modifying the list for the first page, please check it (for a reference)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Why do you say 6-4 Shang? It seems to be a little bit more in her favor?
I've played Detroit and Valle. Against a good Shang, what might be written on paper is completely different. Very much like the Noob/Jade match-up.

6-4 Cage cant be right either
Punish what though? Cages gameplan is to get in, and she stops him from doing that. The only advantage he would have is trading fireballs which is a horrible idea because she can just glow through them. He'd have to dash block through spaced staff overheads, U3, ExBoomerangs, shadowkicks, and avoid my pressure. Not gonna happen.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Punish what though? Cages gameplan is to get in, and she stops him from doing that. The only advantage he would have is trading fireballs which is a horrible idea because she can just glow through them. He'd have to dash block through spaced staff overheads, U3, ExBoomerangs, shadowkicks, and avoid my pressure. Not gonna happen.
Shes not gonna be able to stay away a whole round because shes got nothing to keep him away. Anything she does that even gives Cage enough room for a D1/D3/D4/F3 or any hit at all even on block and its game over, she isnt gonna get him off of her.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Shes not gonna be able to stay away a whole round because shes got nothing to keep him away. Anything she does that even gives Cage enough room for a D1/D3/D4/F3 or any hit at all even on block and its game over, she isnt gonna get him off of her.
What exactly are you going to D1/D3/D4/F3 to be exact?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
jade has fast attacks im learning. that glow kick has to be 6 frames. and her uppercut is good along with her d+3. i dont see her having problems getting cage out of her face..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm pretty sure Cage punishes u3, as u3 is -12. Not to mention, u3 was the only thing stopping characters from just mashing basic lows on her when they got within range of shadow kick. She still has b2, but it being unsafe causes problems.

She can't pester with pokes anymore, and she doesn't have anything that's fast to keep the opponent from eventually advancing. Cage isn't being kept out from her, whatsoever.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I don't see what Jade can do to stop Cage from eventually getting in. He can shadow kick a blocked u3 and dash block his way in like a tank.

[MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION], Jade's green kick is more like 15 frames. It looks faster than it is.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
she has so many ways to escape pressure. lets not forget all her armor attacks.. i dont see cage giving her any fits at all.

[MENTION=68]Konqrr[/MENTION] yes i just checked. but its also 0 frames on block so shes safe.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm pretty sure Cage punishes u3, as u3 is -12. Not to mention, u3 was the only thing stopping characters from just mashing basic lows on her when they got within range of shadow kick. She still has b2, but it being unsafe causes problems.

She can't pester with pokes anymore, and she doesn't have anything that's fast to keep the opponent from eventually advancing. Cage isn't being kept out from her, whatsoever.
I don't know why people think U3 is the only move you should do with Jade. Although it was a good move, and I hate that you can duck it now, I'm glad it is. Maybe people will opt for other options, and play her smart.

Also you have to keep in mind that she has pushback on staffgrab, and 4F3 is safe now. Cage undoubtedly needs meter to get in, and hes not going to get it.

I don't see what Jade can do to stop Cage from eventually getting in. He can shadow kick a blocked u3 and dash block his way in like a tank.

[MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION], Jade's green kick is more like 15 frames. It looks faster than it is.
The problem is he cant just dash-block his way in. I'll be making meter while he tries to get in.

Any character that Jade stops from producing meter, while she still makes it is usually a good thing for her.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Im basically saying that as soon as Cage touches Jade shes as good as dead his game can start from any move thats blocked or lands. She has nothing to keep him away. Once Cage is in hes definitely gonna get more chip damage on her than she dealt trying to keep him out, which means more meter. Cage with meter means he isnt going anywhere away from you anytime soon.

Cage never uses meter to get in against anybody in the cast anyway so thats never an issue. He uses meter to stay in.

At least I've learned from playing Boysx3 and Usedforglue that Jade is just no match for Cage.

I can see what you're trying to say but in reality Cage just chews Jade to pieces

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Let's be realistic: In reality, how many chars can TRULY get cage out of his face? Cage has some bad matchups, but I just can't see Jade as one of them. What's to stop him from dash blocking and ducking his way in, now that U3 is no longer a threat? Once he's in, Jade has to take risks to get him off. Only reason I'm commenting on this is because Cage is my main and I have access to a pretty solid Jade player

Krayzie: Can you maybe post a vid of playing against some JC players? I just don't understand how she can keep him out, maybe you know something I don't