What's new

Official Ermac and Mavado Reveal. Footage next week!

Comments

I have no idea what to expect from Mavado's gameplay. Parries? Mobility with those red stretchy ropes? Hooksword spinning moves? Very interested to see what they will cook with him. I've always played a bit of Ermac since MK9, so will hopefully be adding him to my list of characters I actually play - and they attached a mask to his base costume, which is great news.

I have had no interest in any of the DLC for this game and have bought none of it. Ermac was one of my mains in MK9 and was incredibly fun, so I am looking forward to seeing him. If he plays like he did then (fingers crossed), I will buy him.

my prediction is that Ermac will come out when the invasions season ends for premium players. and then a week after that, a full patch with tweaks w/ the "normal" release.

Two weeks after that we will get Mavado. This has been the pattern...

From the midway era Ermac was probably my favorite. Was awesome in mk9 as well but I hated his look and floaty style in mkx. I’m so thankful they put a mask on him.

i’m very interested to see how he plays in mk1. So far the guest characters have dominated in terms of tier placement I feel (quans buffs help but is he better than Omni…????). My tinfoil hat but possibly weirdly true theory is nrs is bored as fuck with their own characters and only get inspired gameplay wise with guest characters. I feel like that trend has continued since mkx but that’s a molten hot take I haven’t thought about it a lot

can't wait to see Ermac in game! His design is neat and it's so good that mask/face is customizable. Assuming that his telecinetic powers will play major role in his gameplay as our second telecinetic ended up being a puppet character. But who knows? Maybe NRS will surprise us with something creative?

I'm also pretty hyped for Mavado too. Shame he is kameo only, but I'm probably one of the few fans of him and always enjoyed him in DA and Armageddon. I guess his fanbase is not that big and vocal, but hopefully he will be well received in this game.

Mavado is probably just going to pull people around like Cyborg. Maybe have his boot kick as an ender.

Really looking forward to trying Ermac out. Hoping he has a lot of combo routes more than anything. Ermac combos are always super fun to do and watch imo

Really not a fan of the wimpy spellcaster route they've been taking with Ermac ever since mkx, so I doubt he's going to be my jam. But I'm still excited. Ermac! Mavado kameo! And who knows, maybe NRS outdid themselves.

Really not a fan of the wimpy spellcaster route they've been taking with Ermac ever since mkx, so I doubt he's going to be my jam. But I'm still excited. Ermac! Mavado kameo! And who knows, maybe NRS outdid themselves.
It doesn’t help that he was a straight jobber in the story. He was supposed to be this terrifying & intimidating monster that Quan Chi created. Yet, he was just a broken record of “we are many, you are but one” and then would get immediately stomped out in like 10 seconds. And then he just morphed into the soul of one of the good guys, Jerrod. And it wasn’t a super temporary thing, he stayed as Jerrod I think for the rest of the story? Can’t really remember, the story was pretty forgettable imo.

I liked him better without the mask. I don't like the metal masks most ninjas have. It also sucks that dlc characters don't have alt costumes, so no chance of head wrap mummy Mac.

There he is - the one character that will get me to turn this game back on. My favorite character in MK history - Ermac.

Please, please, please just let him be absolutely insane. I don't care if he's actually good, I just want hiim to be fun. I'd love for him to be a mix of Spectral and Mystic from MKX with some new stuff, as well.

I'm excited to see what Mavado can do, too.

30+ years ago we were working on the very first #MortalKombat game.
The game's software, had sections of code that it (theoretically) should never reach/execute. If it did, it incremented a counter that would log the ERROR. We also made a "Game Audits" screen where we could check this counter in arcades.