What's new

Official E3 2012 Thread

Albo

Noob

Sadly this is probably fake, but it looks so amazing.
Yeah, i agree. Eiji Aonuma did express interest in developing a Majoras Mask remastering or remake on the 3DS like they did with OOT if the fan demand was high enough and it has been so i won't be surprised if we see something like this from ninty soon but i expect a new Zelda on 3DS before another remastering.

Flagg

Noob
So EA bought the rights to make UFC games off of THQ?

That's not cool. I fear for THQ's continued existence. However if this is money that keeps them afloat and the possibility of Dawn of War 3 becoming a reality again, im happy.

EDIT: Was Company of Heroes 2 showcased?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Only games im pumped for: last of us, tomb raider, watch dogs, god of war, beyond

3 of them are only on ps3. Sucks to try and pretend you're happy with just your 360 huh?

Gonna watch nintendo go bankrupt in 30 mins.
Actually yeah... considering those are all mostly single player games that I could rent over the weekend while I borrow a friends ps3.

There are VERY few exclusive only ... and soon that won't even be a thing anymore. Sony or Microsoft will eventually consume the market. They both are picking apart what Ninetendo brought to the table.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
The first ten minutes were the happiest moments of my life. And then the other 50 was like being punshed in the face by disappointment repeatedly.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, AC3, Watch_Dogs, Last of Us are the games of e3. The only ones that actually appeal to me. This year has been pretty terrible overall though, whatever happened to video games?

Tim Static

Adminerator
The Big 3 at E3 2012:
1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Microsoft

Ubisoft ran train on everyone. Last of Us looks amazing.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Nintendo about to reveal a new game on SpikeTV & GT.com

Edit: Project P-100? (working title) from Platinum Games.

Gimmick

Noob
My Thoughts:
Microsoft: Was a total lackluster. Didnt show much new and should've focused more on GAMES
Sony: Started Strong with Beyond: Two Souls but then wasted like 20 min talking about a game (Wonderbook) that no one cares about. Sony redeemed themseleves with the Last of Us which looks amazing.
Nintendo: Total Letdown. Reggie said they were revealing 23 games, but only 3 of them were remotely good. Nintendo did nothing to hype me for WiiU. Controller still looks like a gimmick to me. Where's my Zelda and 2D Metroid !?

Winner: Sony

Tim Static

Adminerator
My Thoughts:
Microsoft: Was a total lackluster. Didnt show much new and should've focused more on GAMES
Sony: Started Strong with Beyond: Two Souls but then wasted like 20 min talking about a game (Wonderbook) that no one cares about. Sony redeemed themseleves with the Last of Us which looks amazing.
Nintendo: Total Letdown. Reggie said they were revealing 23 games, but only 3 of them were remotely good. Nintendo did nothing to hype me for WiiU. Controller still looks like a gimmick to me. Where's my Zelda and 2D Metroid !?

Winner: Sony
Last time i checked, Last of Us isnt made by Sony. Sony did well, but that was more because they followed Microsoft. Its not even close how much better Nintendo did comparted to Sony & Microsoft imo

Gimmick

Noob
Last time i checked, Last of Us isnt made by Sony. Sony did well, but that was more because they followed Microsoft. Its not even close how much better Nintendo did comparted to Sony & Microsoft imo
Last of Us is a Sony Exclusive made by Naughty Dog. Sony doesnt make any games.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Last of Us is a Sony Exclusive made by Naughty Dog. Sony doesnt make any games.
But Nintendo does. Dont get me wrong, The Last of Us looked amazing and its a first day buy for me, but that doesnt make me think Sony gave us a better E3 showing.

And I liked the Wonderbook. My kids will love that.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
My thoughts:

Microsoft: Really disappointing. Just more of WURR GUNNA ADD MORE SHIT U CAN ALREADY DO ON UR COMPUTER. They just rode on Halo 4 as far as games go. Obviously, there's not too much they can do when next-gen might be next year's e3, but still I think they could've done better. Overall: C-

Sony: As far as online and hardware features go, there was nothing special (similar to Microsoft). But for the games, they really delivered in comparison. Last of Us was amazingly hype, God of War looked pretty good (but fuck you GT for screwing up the audio during the presentation for it), same with Beyond. PS All Stars looked stupid as hell (despite being fun to watch) and the Harry Potter thing was a snorefest. But overall: I'd say B.

Nintendo: Good shit Nintendo, you proved to people that we still have no reason to care about you. That zombie game will probably be fun but not enough to make me want to buy a new console. Why do I even bother watching you to see if you'll pull something amazing out of your asses when you never do? D.

Ubisoft: Way to make all the console devs look like shit. Watch Dogs won the day for me (Last of Us is a clooooose second, the "cool" factor just won out imo). AC was looking really nice too. Overall: A-

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'm honestly not too hyped for next-gen consoles if these presentations are anything to go by. I may have to go full PC shortly.

Gimmick

Noob
But Nintendo does. Dont get me wrong, The Last of Us looked amazing and its a first day buy for me, but that doesnt make me think Sony gave us a better E3 showing.

And I liked the Wonderbook. My kids will love that.
You dont make any sense. Arent we supposed to judge the companies by the games that are exclusive to them? Microsoft: Halo, Gears, Sony: GOW, Last of Us

Flagg

Noob
This looked amazing and im not even a fan of Star Wars games:

SunnyD, I also want Relic to do a new Dawn of War game, but I heard grave news that DOW3 and COH2 that were being billed for 2014 might be canned now, due to THQ having financial problems.

Tim Static

Adminerator
You dont make any sense. Arent we supposed to judge the companies by the games that are exclusive to them? Microsoft: Halo, Gears, Sony: GOW, Last of Us
Thats why Nintendo was more impressive. They made a very interesting piece of hardware AND are making some great pieces of software. Hell, Microsoft's Smart Glass looks absolutely amazing & Sony is still making HD Wii games. I get what your saying, I guess I misspoke.