What's new

Oddities involving blocking.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
This may be something I've just not picked up on, but myself and a few other players new to MK were noticing that a lot of strange things involving blocking would happen during matches: Basically someone could be blocking low and an overhead/mid attack would still be blocked. The same would go for occasions when one of us would do a sweep on a standing opponent guarding high and they wouldnt fall. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

And this may be my ignorance speaking here, but would this be related to fuzzyguarding? Are there times where the animation will display the character still crouching when infact the cpu is reading that they are blocking high?

Also too expand I would ask them if they were blocking low at times and they would confirm that they did not attempt to block high yet my overhead was still blocked..... wasn't too crazy about the experience and I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
The animation does not change sometimes. Don't know what the requirements for it to not change are but it happens. Sometimes you start blocking high, keep blocking high and you block low to stop someone sliding or something and you block it with high animation while you are technically blocking low.

Happens to me a lot with Sub-Zero mirror matches.

Joe Inky

Noob
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5174-fuzzy-blocking

If you block an attack at the last possible instance, you will block the attack in that particular position. So if you're blocking low and stand block to block an overhead, you will block it and remain in crouch.
Doesn't really explain your friends saying that they weren't blocking high when they blocked an overhead, but maybe they just didn't realise that they had? unless you were doing it in controlled conditions and it didn't just happen in the heat of a round.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5174-fuzzy-blocking

Doesn't really explain your friends saying that they weren't blocking high when they blocked an overhead, but maybe they just didn't realise that they had? unless you were doing it in controlled conditions and it didn't just happen in the heat of a round.
Yeah, I was rolling this over in my head as well. I'm going to have to test it some more with them. Just have them low block and overhead several times in a row. This would only happen during matches of course so to recreate this I probably won't do it in training mode.....the only issue is that one of the guys I was playing with is a very skilled and reputable tekken player here in tally so if he is certain that he was blocking low when I did a mid, or high when I did a low I'm inclined to believe him. I think he's pretty conscious of what direction he's holding. We'll see though.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll take it into consideration.