What's new

[Oct 19, 2013] KombatNetwork and Red Bank Rumble Present: Rolling Thunder (Red Bank)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I want to get this out in the open now, since there are a couple other events going on. Originally this was slated for October 26th but I don't want to go against the Filthy Cup (props to Filthy Rich for letting me test KI3 at TFC) due to proximity. Other events on this day are hundreds of miles away so I think we're good.

The current start time is 5PM, which means tournaments will start at 7PM sharp. There is a chance the start time will get advanced to 4PM, and tournaments will then start between 6 and 7. We will attempt to make a legit stream schedule since Jaxel will be streaming this event for us. We would like to thank 8 Way Run for helping us with this event as streaming at YesterCades is an arduous task when you also have to run the tournament.

As of right now we're running Injustice, AE, Marvel, Melee, Brawl and maybe CvS2 if time and space allows, it should. Last time we got 110 players for the event spread across 7 games. The goal number is around 80-90 with ideally 32 for Injustice being key. We'll also have UMK3, MvC2 and Super Turbo all on cabinet equipped with PSX/2 controller mods. Any of these cabinets can be used for side tournaments and accommodate 99% of players since you can use PS gamepads on them.

More details, rules, etc to come but we're less than 4 weeks away and need to get the word out but here's the basics:

Who: KN/RBR seasonal regional event
What: Rolling Thunder
When: Saturday October 19th, 2013
Where: YesterCades 80 Broad Street Red Bank NJ 07701
Time: 4:30PM until 2AM (or grand finals finish)
Main Games: Injustice, AE, Marvel, Brawl, Melee - possible side games UMK3, CvS2, MvC2, Super Turbo

$15 Venue fee grants access to all day casuals when available on consoles plus freeplay access to the 85 arcade cabinets and 16 pinball machines/whatever console systems are open.
$10 entry fee for Injustice, AE, Marvel, Brawl and Melee
$5 entry fee for side games
Stream: twitch.tv/8wayrun
Awards: Crown Trophy

Hype this up players! Please post thoughts, requests, etc here and RSVP. Facebook event page coming soon.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
With no majors in a long time, am glad i have events around my area like this to keep my tournament thirst quenched. i'll be going 100%.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Confirms list begins! I'll add some tags for players when I get a chance, in the mean time, if anyone wants to tag players they think will go, please feel free.

------------------------
Confirms list update. Please tag players you think are unaware of this event!

Confirms

1. Shock
2. Besteban
3. GBUrisine
4. Nick S
5. Zyphox
6. Rapzilla
7. ManTan
8. Sweet Johnny Cage
9. ChainAce
10. Summoning
11. Ray Riazy
12. Jon Nitti
13. Jaxel
14. Brian B
15. Steve M
16. Darth Arma
17. Frantastic
18. Steve B
19. Emeril D
20. Manny P
21. Grant G
22. Joe
23. KDZ
24. Kazi
25. Jazzmatazz
26. Troy H
27. Joe T
28. Abbneto
29. Tucker M
30. Scythe
31. Joe R
32. Josh C
33. AC1984
34. CD Jr
35. IcyBlackDeep
36. SwiftTomHanks
37. Rev0lver
38. Dillon C
39. Kayce M
40. Raymond L
41. 9.95
42. Paul M
43. Jake B
44. Jonggi O
45. Tara T
46. Blaise A
47. Rangers Crew

Maybes

1. Mikemetroid
2. Guy
3. Alex Smith
4. Spyro
5. Battousai
6. RSigley
7. Hitoshura
8. Ed T
9. Pherleece
10. Marlin Pie
11. Jer
12. Mitch L
13. Grover
14. Check
15. Minh
16. Justin Doc
17. Elias S
18. Kevin K
19. Greg C
20. Jeremy N
21. Khristian N
22. Fooblat
23. Riyo
24. Astronout
25. Cibernetico
26. HGTV Soapboxfan
27. Aaron Y
28. Robert P
29. Yuri P
30. Zaf
31. David R
32. Richard M
33. Greg M
34. Jamaal H
35. Will H
36. Raymond L
37. Claude VonStroke
38. EdFig
39. Daniel A
40. Khaotix
41. JamessMK
42. Tom Brady
43. Jesse
44. Shin Blanka

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
General Rules:

Standard matches are best 2 of 3 matches.
Winners & Losers Finals and Grand Finals are best 3 of 5 matches.
Tournament rules shall observe Evolution Standard Rules, 'arcade perfect' rules, or 'out of the box' rules. Whichever is more current[or readily available].

Game Specific Rules:

Injustice rules:
3/5
All game play elements legal
All DLC characters legal
Option to rerandom select stages with known foreground object glitches
First stage select is always random. Losing player has choice of staying with stage or new random stage only, no stage select.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules:

◦3 Stocks
◦8 Minute Time Limit
◦Items set to “Off” and “None”
◦Pause set to “Off”
◦Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
◦All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
◦There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
◦The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
◦Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
◦If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death: ◦In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
◦If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
◦If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.

◦Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
◦Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time: ◦If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
◦If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
◦These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner

Smash Bros Melee Rules:

•Items are set to off.
•Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
•Double Blind*: If elected.
•Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
•Neutral Start*: If elected.
•Standard DSR*
•Gentleman’s Clause*
•Forced Character Selection*: Off
•Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in
•Ice Climber Infinty is banned

Stage Selection

Starters/Neutrals:
•Yoshi’s Story
•Fountain of Dreams
•Battlefield
•Final Destination
•Dream Land

Counterpick:
•Pokemon Stadium
Stage Bans
•For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
•For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
•For Best of 7 sets, DSRM is enabled for the 7th match, but the winner of the 6th match is allowed one stage ban, to be used after the 6th match is played.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
-Games are 3/5.
Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5. Keep that 4/7 stuff at home.
-Standard Evo Rule Set
-No game Breaking Glitches

Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012:
-Standard Matches are best 2/3. All finals(Winners, Losers, Grand) are best 3/5
-Standard Evo Ruleset

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Updated official start time to 4:30PM. The last party gets out between 3:30 and 4 so we can begin setting up stations in that time, that'll take 45 minutes or so. Feel free to show up early and take advantage of the all day arcade and pinball gaming with the tournament venue fee.

I really like what you guys are doing in marlboro and would love to continue supporting the community there, but after my last experience at yestercades for a tournament, I can't say I'm interested. Having that many games going on in that venue seems too ambitious. ..

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Dude, with Brawl and Melee there, I know the rest of Team Yardley will be excited. We have to go. Sounds awesome!

HGTV Ermacio

OZZYGUITAR

HGTV DrFlash44

Chongo

Never enough tags
Let me know ASAP if the crew is coming, always great having you guys. I think your group is going to develop into something serious one day.
I really like what you guys are doing in marlboro and would love to continue supporting the community there, but after my last experience at yestercades for a tournament, I can't say I'm interested. Having that many games going on in that venue seems too ambitious. ..
I understand this issue. We have attempted to reduce setups for this event by dropping MK9 and also picking up some space and overall coordination ability by having Jaxel stream. I should also be able to arrange the back room better because of this. If I don't have to worry about stream setup, I can make sure things go a lot better. I can promise that if we get over 80 players it will definitely still be hectic but matches will be played appropriately. Last time we had 110 unique players and it was definitely a breaking point but not nearly as bad as 300 people crammed into University Pinball 10 years ago, so I guess I could say I am use to it. I hope you decide to make it.

zaf

professor
I need to find out if work is still giving me this weekend off. They fucked up my schedule hard and forgot about all the time I asked off this month.

If I can still get the time off, I think I would prefer to come to this event over the Toronto one.

Did you call this rolling thunder because six flags great adventure is demolishing their "rolling thunder" roller coaster shortly after this tournament?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Let me know ASAP if the crew is coming, always great having you guys. I think your group is going to develop into something serious one day.
Thank you, I am putting a lot of work into this, and I am actually a little depressed because DrFlash44 isnt playing anymore, and Ermacio ozzy and I dont get to play as much as we used to. BUT, I may be bringing in a few more interested players from my school... how awesome would it be if Team Yardley became like a legit thing with like 10 - 15 members who went to tournaments together? We could really level up. I hope this works out and these awesome events help to give us some extra incentive to train.

Unless something comes up, I'll most likely make it with some of the KPB guys. I'll be playing MK9, possibly AE and the arcade. Screw everything else.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just a head's up that last time there was an internet issue at Yestercades that made the stream unwatchable for all viewers (possibly due to too many people being on the open WiFi?) -- seems advisable to do whatever's necessary ahead of time to make sure that the same situation doesn't happen again.

We want to see all the fantastic matches! :(