What's new

NRS should NOT ban you for their mess up

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
If NRS is smart (which I'm slowly starting to doubt), they'll keep their damn heads low:

• they force their employees to work overtime,
  • unisex bathrooms, because there aren't enough women in the team,
  • some of their employees are supposedly sexist,
  • they cover their female characters in burqas and antagonize players who aren't fans of that design decision,
  • at the same time they put their male characters in speedos and show how hypocritical they are,
  • they bring back Jacqui Briggs, a character no one wanted in the first place,
  • they bring back Jacqui Briggs, a character no one wanted in the first place, instead of fan favorites like Smoke, Rain and Mileena,
  • they deny lootboxes on record, even though the Krypt in itself is the mother of all lootboxes,
  • they launch their game with impossible Towers of Time difficulty and insane grind requirements for gear and currencies (the game has a 2.7 user score on Metacritic for a reason),
  • they deny the fact that they did so to encourage you to buy Time Krystals for real money and spend those on skins,
  • after player feedback (outrage) they lessen the grind, but still leave the game grindy as shit,
  • they launch an abysmal PC port of the game yet again,
  • they create horrible variations across the board for ranked play,
  • they don't make the ranked variations the standard variations and force you to switch those up on your own, which again costs way too much time,
  • they give you the option to buy Frost, a character you get by completing the fourth chapter of the story (a matter of half an hour if you skip the cutscenes),
  • they sell you Shao Kahn as the pre-order bonus, even though I could go out and buy the game right now and still get Shao Kahn... Shao Kahn isn't a pre-order bonus... he is the requirement to buy the game new instead of used, if you want to have him as a playable character,
  • they don't give my boi Noob Saibot any safe on block overhead strings, which lead to full combos,
  • they sell their Kombat Pack for 40 Euros, even though it really should be cost 30 Euros at the very max - and they once again ask for that money without even showing you who the DLC characters will be...
And now I'm supposed to believe, that NRS will be willing to take another hit when it comes to devastating headlines and bad press?
"NRS bans people, who used a glitch to avoid their grindy ass system and anti-consumer practices".

They ain't gonna ban shit. And if they do, as I've already said it before:
Sell Mortal Kombat and buy yourself two to three other fighting games for almost the same price. There are options out there: Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Dragonball FighterZ, Marvel VS Capcom Infinite, Dead Or Alive 6 (enough skin to make up for the lack of it in MK11). F$&% Street Fighter 5.
And then just buy Mortal Kombat 11 - the Ultimate Edition with all of the DLCs one year from now on. Pretty sure that the game will feature cool skins, which you won't have to unlock at that point. Just make sure to buy it used.
My friend you sound like me lol Full of rage and logic . well done SIR !!!!

leoj89

Noob
Nobody should be banned because of the bug. NRS need to fix it, take the L and move on.

I say this as someone working the game legit btw. I really wish there was a pay to unlock everything though.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
They won't.. But they should give everyone that didn't a reward

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
If they ban me for circumventing their gacha grind because of another oversight in testing in an NRS game, I'll just go play something else. Not like I'm itching to continue the pseudo-MMO grind to get the pallete swap on 1/3 costumes.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The way I see it is that they can do one of two things.
  1. they quietly fix it and say nothing.
  2. they fix it in a way that the game takes back the heads you cheated and closes the throne room door, and say nothing outside of the patch notes.
In any case, you should know that daaanish also confessed on twitter that he's using the exploit. They're not going to ban one of their own devs.
Where? I don’t see anything like that on his Twitter.

BolverkGTM

Dad Beard Connoisseur
Seriously, the krypt kharacter head glitch is a blessing for us players who dont have that kind of time to play it. They messed up, they need to own it and fix it.
Yeah after dealing with Rockstar Games, I am positive a developer doesn't have to see it that way. I wouldn't risk it.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
A whole thread asking them to not ban? Maybe wish granted lol

I'd rather not try to ban people for this because as history shows, when companies attempt something like this, multiple amounts of people who didn't use the exploit and did nothing wrong end up getting banned. I can only imagine what kind of storm that would create.

You seem to be nervous. It's not ban worthy because it's something that someone likely discovered on accident and it's just cosmetics. Nobody is going to get banned, people need to relax.
I have a feeling too that they might have put that leak out themselves after all the other fixes this week.

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
Wasn't there a thread about having to spend 4000$ to unlock everything
I take it you've never once stepped in the krypt, it literally takes 5 minutes to basically figure the basics of it out, and then another ~10-30 minutes based on your pacing to figure out how all the currency in the krypt works.

All the currency is earned in-game through towers/story or solving puzzles in the krypt.

The only 'money' they get is from DLC and time krystals. Sure, you can use time krystals to directly purchase a skin you'd might find in the krypt from the premium store, but let's be real here: you'll almost never do this, and if you do, the krystals will have been ones you earned from leveling up, playing story, or chests and such in the krypt.

There's absolutely no real world money involved with the krypt, this exploit only affects cosmetic content, and therefore they have no reason to give out bans.

ErmacMKX

Noob
This is literal karma for the ridiculous grind the game expects you to do. It's like the expect us not to have full time jobs or an actual life.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
The best thing they can do is patch it ASAP and move on. It is not our fault that this exploit exists, plus it doesn't even have any impact on multiplayer and since you can't buy koins or buy your way into spearing those heads they aren't losing any money.

They shouldn't punish us just because somebody didn't extensively test this mode.