What's new

NRS: Please leave the skins alone!

notjuice

Skerptor And Shuan Tsi
dude this thread is pretty obviously a really pathetic sneer at online players. this thread's creation just reeks of elitism. if you have your offline scene and tournament scene, go to your damn tournaments. leave online play the hell alone.

"derp let's ruin and troll online even more! it's not like NRS's mess of bumbling patching and support hasn't made ENOUGH people quit already!"

thank this post if you think this thread should be closed

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
The way I see it, having this MK3 Cyrax and MK2 Smoke in the game now is like having Ryu, and an alt being Akuma, but still labeling him Ryu. Who doesn't love that? It'll be just like CEO where every Cyrax player did the trap, and even though we're told its gone, people can still do it at home and online. A consequence of this might be: you wanna get ready for a tournament, and you're only way to practice is online (already ouch, but better than nothing), but, the only Cyrax's use the trap, or Smoke otg, etc. But, you can have fun trolling online, so that's neat.

I see people who play by themselves online liking this since your friends probably would call bs on the costume shenanigans. Lobo obviously doesn't have delusions of grandeur, how can he? All anyone can say is, "Oh I'd beat you if used the Smoke OTG" or "If I had my trap I would've beaten you." Then the conversations goes to, "Why don't you use the other costumes, that don't have _?" "Nahhh, this is more fun!!"

Seriously though, as a Smoke player, I've learned Costume 1/2, so MK2 not being the same doesn't interest me. It took me a while to unlearn the laziness that the OTG gave me. lol

lobo

woof.
dude this thread is pretty obviously a really pathetic sneer at online players. this thread's creation just reeks of elitism. if you have your offline scene and tournament scene, go to your damn tournaments. leave online play the hell alone.

"derp let's ruin and troll online even more! it's not like NRS's mess of bumbling patching and support hasn't made ENOUGH people quit already!"

thank this post if you think this thread should be closed
so...um...requesting preservation of a more diverse variety of characters for casual play = sneering at online players?

good to know. glad i learned something here.

Jamison

Noob
Leave my new and improved top tier Cyrax alone biatches!

P.S If you're reading this NRS, Make me another Cyrax costume with a death trap so I can replace my bomb trap.
:rofl:

Best post out of 4 pages.

Lots of flame for a topic that has escalated into way too serious. I played 6 hours last night and came across 2 bomb trap Cyrax players, to top it off most players hadn't even downloaded the alt skins so the option wasn't even there. End of the day guys/gals if you are a online player, serious player, tournament players......whatever, this WILL be fixed don't worry. If they spent time to patch it the first time they WILL patch it again. While waiting for the patch though I'm gonna abuse the hell outta OTG bomb. hahaha Don't worry most of you would destroy me. Which is why it will always be true a great player can NEVER get beaten by a Noob, even with every broken, cheating trick at their disposal.

Now can I get a Scorpion MK2 skin with 5 teleports please.

notjuice

Skerptor And Shuan Tsi
so...um...requesting preservation of a more diverse variety of characters for casual play = sneering at online players?

good to know. glad i learned something here.
Will this create crying about online players using overpowered characters? Sure, it will...But really who cares? Online play is for casual amusement, and playing 'broken' characters against others will only increase replay value for online players.
you said it, and you've been reiterating it the whole thread.

so on behalf of the online mortal kombat community: YO IDEA SUCKS.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
While waiting for the patch though I'm gonna abuse the hell outta OTG bomb. hahaha Don't worry most of you would destroy me. Which is why it will always be true a great player can NEVER get beaten by a Noob, even with every broken, cheating trick at their disposal.
Even Noob can win a match. lol

But even inexperienced players can win once in a while. Bad match, mind's not in the game, whatever, it happens. lol

Wouldn't it have been awesome if the otg Smoke was the MK3 cyborg instead of MK2 ninja? That'd be cool, and justifiably different from its human counterparts.

lobo

woof.
you said it, and you've been reiterating it the whole thread.

so on behalf of the online mortal kombat community: YO IDEA SUCKS.
i'm not sure what "it" is, and i've said many times that i am an online player as well. on behalf of that community: thank god you don't speak for us. though, you do make a compelling argument...oh wait. you have yet to even present an argument of any sort. you don't even understand my reasoning. you don't understand the ideology behind more characters. you don't understand that this really isn't directed to online play. you don't understand how to read and make sense of posts. you don't understand why i would take the time in the OP to disclaim myself against this exact sort of nonsense. either all of these are true, or you do understand these things and choose to troll in here for your own amusement. either way;

you certainly are good at telling people to shut up, derailing discussions and misunderstanding everything. kudos for that. you are the exact sort of player who i've mentioned many times in this thread that will cry foul and then refuse to play someone else, change rooms, or exercise any of the many options you have to avoid playing unpatched skins. and thus, also the exact sort of player who i could care less about "snubbing" or "sneering" or whatever you'd like to accuse me of because frankly, you have nothing to contribute in any way to the discussion, nor is your opinion of any sort of importance. cry and moan more, please. it will only further marginalize anything you have to say on this topic.

I could really care less how they leave Cyrax or smoke's alternate. But dammit at least fix Noobs Black hole links on his alternate!! I want to use his new alternate, but I refuse until they patch his shit (Again!!)

aj1701

Noob
Some of us aren't fortunate enough to live or go somewhere that has a scene. Some of us can only play and support this game by playing online(as horrible as it is). Alts costumes were not and should not ever be designed to give one version of a charecter an advantage over the other. They're just for looks and looks only. NRS made thes alts and previous versions of the game never updated them and released them to the public.
This sums up my situtation. I'd like a chance to get better before I start traveling. The nearest tourny would be a three hour drive, to another country. Add in my full time job, contracting job, and its just not feasible. I'm going to be learning online for a while.

Since the patch came out, the number of LKs, and Smokes dropped drastically. If online starts getting worse instead of better again, I won't even get a chance.

oZii

Noob
Typical lobo thread that he likes to check back on occasionally cause he enjoys the arguments. He presented his case asked for peoples thoughts and if your not inline well you see the results. Trolling 101 here even if he does seriously want the broken alts.

welcome to NRS early releasing a game for evo, band-aid patching, the game losing players, and losing steam as a popular competitive game.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
I’m not against the idea of different properties of alts and would support the OP if not the arrogance, elitism and pure condescension of the OP:

~90% of people which do have an offline competition were just lucky (other ten have a merit in establishing offline scene though), so lobo, if you think that luck gives you the right to demand from people certain attitude towards the game, think again, preferably hard.

_

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I wish we could all be like Michelangelo....an online player as well as offline. I see from both sides too. I just attended my first tournament at ECT3 and it's MUCH more than just a competition, it's an amazing experience for a gamer. The people you meet, the things you learn, the "pros" you get to talk to (like Michelangelo who I met personally), and the competition. It's just SO much fun so don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm not the richest person in the world and with a little saving ANYONE can do this. With that said, some people CAN'T afford to go to tourney's, not even once so they use their online play as their way to compete so they're not going to want this, and they/me want to keep EACH skin the same as the rest of them. Best example I've seen in the Cyrax one, robot cyrax, human cyrax, and mk3 cyrax are all DIFFERENT and that's not fair. I see EXACTLY where you're coming from Lobo and I respect your idea but don't agree. Ranked matches is where people take it the most serious and they can't just decide "not to play them again" they have to face them regardless because some people DO care about their record and that's THEIR form of competition since they can't make it to tourney's.

lobo

woof.
you know how many tournaments i've gone to for MK? zero. none. zilch. nada.

that said, i'm at least wise enough to realize how ridiculous online is and want to make it more entertaining as a novelty. it is funny that i keep getting called an elitist when i play online and have never gone to an MK tournament myself. again, this has nothing to do with snubbing online players, only making the game more interesting by giving us more options.

great post CptX. i wish more people shared that attitude.

I'm 100% with you. If people really care about online that much, NRS could always ban those alts online. I noticed they seem to have removed the half and quarter-life codes from online, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with this.