What's new

Question - Noxious Noxious (Normalization)

Milkman

Reptile <3
I honestly think that if EX noxious stayed on hit, it would be really OP. That would be a good chunk of nearly guaranteed damage every match. Not to mention it would be almost impossible to make a comeback once Reptile got you down to about 15% health.

I would of course LOVE if it did stay on hit but he'd be pretty ridiculous imo.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I like using deceptive in this match up because i strip away his wake up option in more ways than one which is a big deal for me.

I'd like to hear your reasoning on noxious being better for this matchup though.
The b1 invis os is awesome thats forsure but like you said. Once yiu get in a few shots in and get a life lead the come back potnetial fighting against noxious is very slim. Ive also found that kl players play much more sloppy against noxious since they rely a lot on block pressure and This makss them get desperate and reckless vs noxious

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Matchups i would use noxious for

Jax - Wrestler
Sonya - Covert Ops
Kano - Cutthroat/Commando
Johnny Cage - All Variations
Erron Black - Outlaw
Liu Kang - Dragon Fire/Flame Fist
Scorpion - Hellfire
Kotal Khan - Blood God
Sub zero - All Variations
Ferra torr - Lackey
Dvorah - All Variations
Quan Chi - All Variations (Deceptive and Noxious are interchangeable)
Jacqui - High tech
Goro - Dragon Fangs/Kuatan
Jason - Unstoppable
Predator - All Variations (Deceptive and Noxious are interchangeable)
Tanya - Kobu (Deceptive and Noxious are interchangeable)
does .20 really matter that much?

I would argue @Milkman would have easily beat Tom if he had gone deceptive. Noxious did not aid him one single bit, but go and count the times milky touched tom on block w a string and imagine cancelling it into a 50/50

then see how close he lost. Idk i think noxious is kind of a bill and gimmick

Pig Of The Hut

I like using deceptive in this match up because i strip away his wake up option in more ways than one which is a big deal for me.

I'd like to hear your reasoning on noxious being better for this matchup though.
I honestly think that if EX noxious stayed on hit, it would be really OP. That would be a good chunk of nearly guaranteed damage every match. Not to mention it would be almost impossible to make a comeback once Reptile got you down to about 15% health.

The b1 invis os is awesome thats forsure but like you said. Once yiu get in a few shots in and get a life lead the come back potnetial fighting against noxious is very slim. Ive also found that kl players play much more sloppy against noxious since they rely a lot on block pressure and This makss them get desperate and reckless vs noxious
You know whats super hot?

B1D4 dd ex invis b1 d4 fast ball Kreygasm

They never block it once and if they do they'll never block it twice lol

im serious - try it

and on hit it combos pretty good

I still don't think Noxious gas should kill you. Lower health to 1-3%, but killing you just by being near him is kinda dumb.
Makes comebacks basically impossible.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
does .20 really matter that much?

I would argue @Milkman would have easily beat Tom if he had gone deceptive. Noxious did not aid him one single bit, but go and count the times milky touched tom on block w a string and imagine cancelling it into a 50/50

then see how close he lost. Idk i think noxious is kind of a bill and gimmick
Yes it does, i lost count on how many matches i've closed out due to the gas, its huge. and milky was at disadvantage due to the stage not the variation. If he would have switched stages at least he would have some walls to jump off of.

Pig Of The Hut

Yes it does, i lost count on how many matches i've closed out due to the gas, its huge. and milky was at disadvantage due to the stage not the variation. If he would have switched stages at least he would have some walls to jump off of.
I never jump walls

Do explain this strategy more

Or is this only against sub u mean?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I never jump walls

Do explain this strategy more

Or is this only against sub u mean?
Yes it is sub only. Quan chis lab has no mobility interactables so this is heaven for sub. If he gets you in the corner you are limited. this is one of the matchups where interactables help a ton when cornered. In other levels he has to work to get you to a specific corner in order to pressure you which makes the matchup better for reptile.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
The only change I want for Noxious is to remove that stupid mask especially from the tournament skin. And dude why would you want B34 to be nerfed? It should be fixed so Jason can't punish it.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
EX gas staying on hit is OP. Staying on block seems like a reasonable buff, but imo he needs nothing.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
EX gas staying on hit is OP. Staying on block seems like a reasonable buff, but imo he needs nothing.
it stays on block man :>

Yea probably noxious is still the best variation (we had it a couple of times), but it´s a matter of taste though. Imo Noxious is the strongest : not meter dependant, Variation is safe and you can activate dd3 a lot after combos.

Also i use Noxious against everyone who does a lot of pressure (All cancel characters, Lao, Kobo Jutsu) just because they get pressured, while they pressure me :).

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
it stays on block man :>

Yea probably noxious is still the best variation (we had it a couple of times), but it´s a matter of taste though. Imo Noxious is the strongest : not meter dependant, Variation is safe and you can activate dd3 a lot after combos.

Also i use Noxious against everyone who does a lot of pressure (All cancel characters, Lao, Kobo Jutsu) just because they get pressured, while they pressure me :).
Wait, I've got my wires mixed up here, sorry. Long day.

And agreed, those 0.20s stack up over the course of a round. There's also a psychological edge it gives you over players that like to stay in your face relentlessly. Even if the threat isn't huge in reality, it's something to think about. Once you get the gas out, it really messes with people's game plan, even if they're attacking.

Also, there's something hilarious about getting someone down to their last couple of % on a large life lead and watching them realise they can't realistically win any more. I love to win with nothing but blocking in those dying moments.

Probably his weakest variation but that doesn't mean it needs buffing.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Wait, I've got my wires mixed up here, sorry. Long day.

And agreed, those 0.20s stack up over the course of a round. There's also a psychological edge it gives you over players that like to stay in your face relentlessly. Even if the threat isn't huge in reality, it's something to think about. Once you get the gas out, it really messes with people's game plan, even if they're attacking.

Also, there's something hilarious about getting someone down to their last couple of % on a large life lead and watching them realise they can't realistically win any more. I love to win with nothing but blocking in those dying moments.

Probably his weakest variation but that doesn't mean it needs buffing.
I think they´re really close to each other. The difference what people like is just personal preference.

Nimble -> high risk, high corner dmg, good corner game
Deceptive -> good mixup, combodmg is just 3-5% more than in the other variations, hit of invis doesn´t count (if you get hit by an uppercut that´s probably the best thing that can happen :D), if people know the MU they know how they have to block

Noxious -> meterless high dmg combos, safe activation of dd3 after a lot of combos, don´t need meter to be useful (i´d even say never use (ex) dd3), nice corner game with acid puddle + gas

Really I think Noxious is okay, it's also my favorite. I just wanted to throw some things out there. DD3 with meter is not good and needs some help for sure though. It's almost never worth the bar to do it. If you say oh well Noxious you don't use DD3 with meter and oh in Deceptive and Nimble you pretty much always have to use DD3 with meter then wtf is that?? The only difference between the variations is DD3! So take away half of what the variation can do by making it near impossible to use certain options every match? I can't tell you how many times I've seen Nimble Reptile matches where they never did meterless dd3, Deceptive as well. How about Noxious, do you use dd3 with meter on it? If so why? Just curious on the success of that.. Basically no you don't lol. Why are we okay with only dd3 separating our variations. Other characters get new normals, special moves, statuses, and more. We got dd3.

In my honest opinion Acid Puddle sucks. Sacrificing damage to give the opponent a 50/50 has never seemed good to me. Say you knock down Tanya in the corner with a puddle setup.. she has even more options and you sacrificed guaranteed combo dmg at this point.. She's either going to wakeup low, wakeup overhead, or just jump out, now how good does that make you feel when you just wasted a bar? Yeah sure if you guess right you can get an okay punish, but still I think that move is mediocre in comparison to Erron Black's and just you wait to see what Bo Rai Cho has!

Lol yeah it'd be OP if it lasted as long as it did now, that's why my suggestion would be to decrease the amount of time it's up. The most I'd allow it to do would be like 6%

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I basically only use EX DD3 and Acid puddle to secure a kill. After a slide ender you get a safe dd3 activation and I normally do acid puddle midscreen if the opponent is almost dead and I still have 1 bar for my EX CLAW anti air. Basically for fun. That's why I love Noxious. So many possibilities to induce salt.

Israel

Noob
Noxious is pretty much a No variation Version. You just play the game normal.

Honestly..the variation means nothing, until they have low health. thats all.

A great idea for variation, not enough support to be viable...