What's new

Now that a major problem will be fixed, should reviews be revisited?

SubZeroIce

Runway
Not at all.

Accountability?... We used to have pure unfiltered accountability. Gaming companies used to DIE. Not because of "Scathing reviews and reap what you sow karma", but because if they released a lemon we didn't buy another game from them. I come from a time where the money grab was real, and it was happening before you even put the cart in your god damn system. We're talking box art and the sticker on the cart and the advertisements not lining up with even 1/10th of what was actually on the game. Broken games that would brick consoles. You shitheads want to pretend like you're being wronged, like NRS has sold you a pile of dogshit and now they should lay in it forever with no redemption, while you're still playing the god damn game and getting enjoyment out of it.

Just swallow a battery already.
You need to calm down a little bit. The juvenile insults are very uncalled for and shows that you might not actually be from this generation you claim.

The reviews are actually an 83, sir/ma'am. No one's saying they gave us dog shit but they did in fact skimp out on a lot that was promised & gave an un-fun experience. This emergency fire alarm Kombat Kast they had + Ed boon's recent tweet shows how out of touch with reality they are. This is a fighting game, not Destiny 3 or Fortnite.

Making the towers easier doesn't change anything about the endless grind to get costumes you want.

Moco64

Noob
I get what you guys are saying but think, down the road, someone might want to get MK11, so they'll look up reviews and see the negativity. Especially if they are single players, Reviewers could at least update after a while. I also understand the work that updating would entail and I see reviewers side as well.

If you were looking at buying SFV and read the reviews that came out at the time, that would be a huge negative for me, but then again as a consumer, it's our job to be informed too.

Reactions: gdf

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Not at all.

Accountability?... We used to have pure unfiltered accountability. Gaming companies used to DIE. Not because of "Scathing reviews and reap what you sow karma", but because if they released a lemon we didn't buy another game from them. I come from a time where the money grab was real, and it was happening before you even put the cart in your god damn system. We're talking box art and the sticker on the cart and the advertisements not lining up with even 1/10th of what was actually on the game. Broken games that would brick consoles. You shitheads want to pretend like you're being wronged, like NRS has sold you a pile of dogshit and now they should lay in it forever with no redemption, while you're still playing the god damn game and getting enjoyment out of it.

Just swallow a battery already.
Marry me....NOW:joker:

virtiqaL

Noob
I'm a big MK fan, but no. NRS was aware of wtf they were doing when they released the game in its initial state. They aren't sorry, they simply underestimated the backlash.

Should they fix and improve the game? Sure, but they don't get a pass for doing so.

To paraphrase Chris Rock, bitches want credit for shit they're supposed to just do. Like releasing a complete product. Like not being greedy ass slimeball developers. Supporting their game...

Hold those negative reviews and straighten up for mk12 and you might earn some genuine praise.

SubZeroIce

Runway
I went a little over the top in my response, but I don't take any of it back, and the only "Juvenile insult" flung was the word shithead and telling anyone who reviewed MK11 with a 0 and thinks that's where that score should stay to eat eat a battery. (Which they should) The 83 is the professional review score, I am addressing people who are user bombing the game.

Un-fun experience is subjective, and not enough to warrant a 0/10 review bombing. What are they skimping on other than unlock procedure and kustom variants in competitive?... Making towers easier actually DIRECTLY changes things about the grind because it makes acquiring character towers and beating them which rewards you directly with skins and gear and animations you want, plus currency for the krypt where you can get more of said stuff like... What are you people doing?... Playing ranked and then going into the Krypt and getting pissed off because you can't get what you want? I don't understand.. Are you actually playing this game?
Yeah calling me a shithead is very juvenile. I'm 24 and don't even use that insult anymore. Child, you need to relax a bit.

People review bombing the game are racists/sexist/homophobic. They're gonna do what they do and use the microtransactions as their smoking gun. I am not those people, neither are most of the people complaining on TYM. Please direct your anger elsewhere.

This thread, from my understanding, is professional reviews being revisited. User scores are never revisted on metacritic. i.e:

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/captain-marvel

There's a difference of playing the game and what they served us. Who wanted a randomized Krypt? What does that promote? The Krypt since it started in 2002 has been about specific coordinates to get what you want and gauge if the price is worth the chest.

I completely disagree. People wanna know what the current product is like when they buy it. If you tell them the towers of time and the grinding is all messed up, then they wont buy it. Towers are fixed and they have changes coming to grinding including upping the kurrency made in the game. So yeah they should have an updated review

It’s sadly too late. On metacritic it has an 83 critic review and 2.7 user review. As a steer fighter player too I know that even after street fighter fixed its issues the user reviews never recovered, no matter how positive the reviews eventually got

No, they shouldn't be updated. Reviews on games should be based on the game which got released. If the company isn't satisfied with what they're releasing then they should push the release date until they have an acceptable final product. If the game changes later on to be something better than what got reviewed, then tough shit for them because they're the ones who gave it to consumers before making those changes.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People can only review the game you give them. If the game does get fixed and gets better, the coverage will reflect that. That is why launch impressions are so important, they stick with you for quite a while.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Yeah calling me a shithead is very juvenile. I'm 24 and don't even use that insult anymore. Child, you need to relax a bit.

People review bombing the game are racists/sexist/homophobic. They're gonna do what they do and use the microtransactions as their smoking gun. I am not those people, neither are most of the people complaining on TYM. Please direct your anger elsewhere.

This thread, from my understanding, is professional reviews being revisited. User scores are never revisted on metacritic. i.e:

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/captain-marvel

There's a difference of playing the game and what they served us. Who wanted a randomized Krypt? What does that promote? The Krypt since it started in 2002 has been about specific coordinates to get what you want and gauge if the price is worth the chest.
Been a rough day. I'm going to walk this back and just agree to disagree with you. Sorry for any inflammatory language I might have used hope you have a chill day.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
They tried to ripnoff their fans, got called out for it and made a small concession.

The problem is far from solved my sweet summer child.

When there is a Shadow of War redo and microtrasactions are taken out, when companies don't try to rip off their loyal fans in the first place, when they don't push and push and push, when preorder characters and season passes are extra money enough (on top of your multi million selling game sold across multiple platforms) that is when the problem is resolved.

God of War, Horizon and Spiderman offer full experiences for the cost of buying the game alone. I love NRS but don't feel sorry for them for what they have tried to get away with here. Those user review scores are the price they are paying for shady business practices.

It's a mistake few companies make twice.

SubZeroIce

Runway
Been a rough day. I'm going to walk this back and just agree to disagree with you. Sorry for any inflammatory language I might have used hope you have a chill day.
It's okay. I appreciate the apology and hope you can guide this energy elsewhere more positive. I know how hard it is to see your favorite game getting shit on by ignorant assholes mad about trivial things but I believe this is their karma for the unfair business practices and high key greed they're showing.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
It's okay. I appreciate the apology and hope you can guide this energy elsewhere more positive. I know how hard it is to see your favorite game getting shit on by ignorant assholes mad about trivial things
It's chill I just hadn't eaten lol Lunch cleared up the headache and aggression. However.
I believe this is their karma for the unfair business practices and high key greed they're showing.
Let's pretend I've never played a video game in my life: Can you elaborate exactly what this means to you in relation to MK11 and NRS? No salt just flat Q&A

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
people who acted passionate and blind crazy out of their mind, and just gave automatic negative reviews for MK11, might perhaps review that .... despite the polemics, the game is incredible, and has much more positive points than negatives ones, so, those assholes in steam, metacritic etc, are fucking up with too much unescessary rage this subject ..... :confused:

NRS will fix what it can be fixed, inside their acting perimeter limit ... the grind aspect is WB fault, its WB who dictates and order this shit to be in the game, its the annoying commercial practice we hate , but, unfortunately, its hard to not have today in games business .... :mad:

the bullshit in MK11 is WB fault, not NRS .... but the game, is pretty good regarding gameplay aspect, despite WB greed intentions on the grind stuff :oops:

I just got Noobs second character tower. To proceed I need to do 75 fatalities ... starting now. Doesn’t account for the 500 I did before. I am so sick and tired of watching the same fatality over and over and over. Also same thing with brutalities.

Fixing the economy and difficulty still doesn’t make up for the lack of fun.

I’m typing this while the AI plays the game for me btw. When you need to set your game to auto mode because the grind is so bad, that is just terrible game design.

They didn’t fix everything and I still think the reviews should stand.

Side note though, I do think the SJW outrage is pretty lame. It’s one thing to complain about poor game design, but complaining because of no boobies and and the game not being MAGA enough is just stupid. People need to grow up on both sides.

These are polygons, if you need naked polygons to wank to you have bigger issues. On the other side, complaining about said fictional polygons gender identity and what other polygons its sexually attracted to is just as stupid... its a videogame.

Moco64

Noob
You know, I think having krypt chest locations randomized is a good thing. This way spoilers aren't rampant and it lets us discover it for ourselves. Too bad I couldn't keep certain locations from Shang Tsung's island a spoiler though.