What's new

Now is a real good damn time to buy a GTX 970

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
I am buying one in a little over a month sadly the deal I am sure will be over :(
That stinks, the 970 is a good card, gl, hope you can snatch that deal. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have a 970. Those two games are in my top 4 this year.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
That stinks, the 970 is a good card, gl, hope you can snatch that deal. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have a 970. Those two games are in my top 4 this year.
I really want a nvidia card but by the time I am ready to buy depending on how the raedon 3xx series looks it could be a option. More then likely though I will be getting 970 though.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
And then maybe, just maybe sky temple will fucking work on my computer.

just sucks they tampered with the vram, i heard about that shortly after getting my gtx 970.

pretty sure that 3.5GB+0.5GB of slower ram is what causes issues on some more intensive games

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
just sucks they tampered with the vram, i heard about that shortly after getting my gtx 970.

pretty sure that 3.5GB+0.5GB of slower ram is what causes issues on some more intensive games
Don't be focused on that, you will not hit 3.5 GB mark if you are not using 4k resolution.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand mkx caps out at 3.5GB within about 30 mins online XD

i dont focus on it and the card performance for price level is great, just sucked they pulled that scheme really and you can bet its because it was the quickest way to make it get out performed properly by the 980's

which in all honesty even though i dont rate sli (cos who wants to spend 280 quid to get 30% of a cards power) i would rather have 2 970's over 1 980 as i hear thats actually better performance for basically the same money