What's new

[Nov 10, 2013] Fight Pub IV - Nov 10th Dickens Pub Calgary (Calgary, AB)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Taken from Post on SRK,

It's been a good year for tournaments at Dickens, and we're throwing our last Fight Pub of 2013 on Nov 10th as part of the Gamer Sundays 2nd Anniversary. So come on down and let's show some love to the most gamer friendly bar in Calgary. Remember that this is an 18+ Venue and you will need valid photo ID.

DATE: Nov 10th
TOURNAMENTS:
**ALL GAMES PLAYED ON XBOX 360**
Super Street Fighter IV AE2012 Underdogs (Free) - 1st place will get free entry into the main AE tournament.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R ($10)
Injustice Gods Among Us ($10)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($10)
Super Street Fighter IV AE2012 ($10)

Prize distribution for all games with an entry fee is 70/20/10

Schedule
**Registration for each game closes 15mins prior to its start**
12:00PM - Doors Open
1:00PM - AE Underdogs
3:00PM - GGXX+R
5:00PM - Injustice
7:00PM - MAHVEL
9:00PM - AE Main

All games will be double elimination best 2 of 3 rounds / games, 3 of 5 grand finals. Except Marvel which will run the standard best 3 of 5 for the entire tournament.

As always, there is no cover / venue fee. Lots of space for BYOC, but be mindful that there's going to be a lot going on this weekend and numerous other non-FGC tournaments happening. For full details, please check out the Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/537029733057849

Directors: T-roy (ME!!), w00fles, Nos99
God mode rule is always in effect (not that it's ever needed to be implemented) we stand by and will enforce any decisions made by the Dickens staff. So keep it classy ladies and gents.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
So I live in Edmonton, is this worth making the drive down? Roads are kind of sketchy right now. How many entrants do you guys usually have?

Also, just curious, but why is this the last one?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
So I live in Edmonton, is this worth making the drive down? Roads are kind of sketchy right now. How many entrants do you guys usually have?

Also, just curious, but why is this the last one?
Not the last one, just the last one of the year for the Fight Pubs. If we bring the hype again like last time they will have it back again for us. Shit I didnt' know you were in Edmonton or I would have tagged you.

Weather looks ok for Sunday so far, if you take it easy the number 2 is usually not to bad as long as it's not windy as fuck.

Come down man!!!

I'm scared! I'v been at the greyhound station for almost 3 hours. Is anyone coming for me. My phone is on half life. I can't stay here forever ;___; it's cold and I'm lost. I want to go home