What's new

Northwest Majors MKX Hype, Updates and top 8!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The blow-up wasn't necessarily choosing not to show Skullgirls (because I assume the TO was just trying to fair) -- it's probably not being ready and setup in the venue in the hour before the tournament, starting pools super late and thus not having enough time to finish the tournament on stream. Or maybe just the scheduling overall.

In any case, Top 8 is 10AM PST tomorrow.

Goldi

Noob
Just a pro tip. I really get where you coming from. And I know that you're doing your best and working against circumstances. I also have no doubt you understand how upsetting this is for the NRS community...

But, tagging a phrase like "sometimes being fair sucks" with "lol" just comes off condescending and disrespectful. Know you didn't mean it, but FYI that's how it reads.
You have my apologies. I tend to write like I speak here and so I punctuate with lol or emotes a lot, it's not meant to be negative at all. I'll keep it mind in the future.

JLG

Noob
Too much negativity in this thread, so...
Thanks, Goldy, for keeping us updated and being levelheaded about the situation.
Thanks, Shujinkydink, for running the tournament. Good luck, and I have no doubt we will get to see either a recording of your matches today or on tomorrow's stream.
Thanks to all the players, really. I didn't recognize several people who played, and I think that's a good sign that MKX is expanding our community.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i bet my left nut that if it were SF5 on stream and it ran behind, you bet your asses they would have delayed skullgirls. first of all why is MKX so early in the pools? and before you say anything about pre reg numbers and entrants you must know that the schedule was made in advance, AND its week 2 of the game with testers playing.

this is the thing about tournaments, its a business. Mortal Kombat has the most potential out of any game to bring in new comers and grow the scene and number of entrants at tournaments. its been really clear that a majority of TO's and major tournaments never acknowledge that and continually shaft NRS games. they blame the number of entrants on the Community "oh they aren't traveling and entering and blah blah". well guess the fuck what? who's job is it to promote that? in a normal business who ever the marketing director is would have been fired 30 times over for how many times NRS games have been shafted indirectly or whatever.

this is the point. do not blame entrant numbers on anyone but yourself (talking to TO's). the Mortal kombat market is HUGE. i'm not saying shaft every other game at the place, but if it continues like this these tournaments that get sub par numbers for NRS games it will never change.

if you need an example of a TO doing it right look at jebailey and Vandy and even Big E. Vandy turned KIT into a premier event for NRS games thank you based @Vandy. aside from banning certain players i never felt Big e events shafting NRS and we always either get our own room or pot bonuses and free entry. what does NWM offer? *drops mic*

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Challonge brackets are god's gift to the FGC. I wish tournaments would fucking use them.
Plenty do, it's just most of the time streams cannot show them due to some type of error and have to write them, or simply just never show them.

Ophe

Noob
People are bitching and moaning and I sit here in Europe and think 'fuck yeah for 10 am pools and 10 am top 8'.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
See this is why I am hoping our community really comes out and supports TCW. Mkx will have every pool streamed and top 8 is AFTER ultra. It's time to change it up enough of nrs community being treated like shit. They are also flying in foxy for us and have a 4k pot bonus. They also have a billion setups is insane
Good thing I follow you on twitter so I can watch a such a hype event man. Excited to see what happens.