What's new

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NECXI) Dec 4th & 5th-- IN PHILADELPHIA PA--UMK3, MKII +3D MK Tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Rob

Noob
*Originally posted by Big Eric at http://shoryuken.com/f7/northeast-championship-necxi-dec-4th-5th-philadelphia-pa-new-life-247957/ *

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NECXI) Dec 4th & 5th-- IN PHILADELPHIA PA--A New Life
(More Info to come $$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOCATION: Sheration Suites .... 4101 Island ave Ave, Philadelphia, PA .... 215-.... located in the
SouthWest- Philadelphia area ... 1/2 miles from the airport.

They have 3 hotels in the same lot the Sheration owns them all.

Discount ROOM PRICES: $95.00 plus tax.
Link for Discount ---> Welcome

Players if your getting here friday please call me you can coming to my room(801) and pay your Pre-reg and Entry fee. That would really help me out if you guys can do that.

267-231-8996

NECXI WILL BE A CONSOLE-ONLY TOURNAMENT.( may with a few arcade cabs stay tune)

DATES: December 4th and 5th

FEES: $25 registration fee per player ... $15 entry fee per person for non-players. (more info on this later.)

I will also setup a paypal account for NEC stay tune.
Keep you guys out the long lines lol lol.

Tournament will be double elim 2-out-3, semi--3-out of-5-winner/loser-semi 2-out of-3, winner finals-3-out of 5/ loser finals-3out of-5

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have change a lot of entry fee so players can have some kind of money left over to do other things with like eat and party or do what ever. I think this will help the numbers in some of the smaller games to.

All the rules will be the same as all the tournament I've thrown (this will be treated like an arcade version tournament).

We will have 2 Sticks available for use. Other then that its BYOC. We will have between 30+ TVs available for the tournament and there will be 5 games TVs & games open for casual play.

You also can bring your own system and T.V. if you want something else to play thats not on the game list but let me know b4 hand.
You will have to set up in the chill out room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venue and Entry Fee will be collected between 9AM and 5pm. (each day)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attn: All Those who will be attending NECXI:

I will add more games to this list in the next few weeks.

MAPPING BUTTONS--shoulder mapping is allowed.

I want this to be the BEST NEC ever but i can only do it with the players help. There will be food and drinks available to purchase for cheap.

So that's it for now so for more info are to sign up just post or e-mail me [email protected] I need your first and last name, the state your from and game(s) you will be in.

This tournament is not to make a profit but to bring the fighting game community together. The money made will go toward NEC. So anybody that wants to help out with the tournament just pm or email me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UMK3 - $5 entry fee

1. 9.95 - L.I.
2. Shock - NJ
3. ILUJOE -L.I.
4. Sweet Johnny Cage - L.I.
5. Julian - Philly
6. Kyle - Philly
7. Kona - MA
8. Dav2J - Philly
9. BlueIX - MA
10. Krayzie Bone - CA
12. Storms - PA
13. Ghaleon - OH (?)
14. Tim Static - OH (?)
15. Lucky Day - OH (?)
16. Summ0ning - NJ
18. aldagod - SC
19. Dark_Rob - NY
20. Juggernaut - GA
21. AC1984 - PA
22. Dan Cock - NY

-----------------------------------------------------------

MKII

1. btbb99 - Philly
2. AC1984 - Philly
3. Summ0ning - NJ
4. DCIguy - PA (?)
5. Tim Static - OH (?)
6. Dark_Rob - NY
7. Dan Cock - NY

-----------------------------------------------------

SO I HOPE TO SEE ALL THE REAL PLAYERS HERE.

I still have to update this page with more stuff so stay tune.

HOME OF THE NORTH EAST CHAMPIONSHIP and GVN WINTER BRAWL and SUMMER JAM

SOMETHING NEW

NECXI will be helping out the local community by having a CAN DRIVE ... so bring canned food and non-perishable foods for donation ... let's show the rest of the community that we do more than play fighting games all day everyday!

----------------------------------------------------------------

WORD TO THE WISE

Keep the negativity at home ... We are here to have fun ...

So that's it for now so for more info are to sign up just post or e-mail me [email protected] I need your first and last name, the state your from and game(s) you will be in.

This tournament is not to make a profit but to bring the fighting game community together. The money made will go toward NEC. So anybody that wants to help out with the tournament just pm or email me.

Here is a local map of the area http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/area/map.html?propertyID=1047 The hotel the tournament is on is right off the I-95, on Island ave.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
No ECT2 was in New Jersey. This is at the same place we were just at for Summer Jam. The Sheraton on Island ave. Il be there for both days this time. :)
Nice!

Also, when is Phil gonna get the vids up? :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
Nice!

Also, when is Phil gonna get the vids up? :)
The vids from summer jam are on my computer. I dont know how to send them to Shock, I need Phil to be here to do it. However Phil is going through some difficult personal issues right now that I wont talk about. Im not going to pressure him about it right now. Whenever its convienant for him to come over and do it is when it will be done.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The vids from summer jam are on my computer. I dont know how to send them to Shock, I need Phil to be here to do it. However Phil is going through some difficult personal issues right now that I wont talk about. Im not going to pressure him about it right now. Whenever its convienant for him to come over and do it is when it will be done.
Oh shit, that's right... my bad I totally forgot about that. I hope he's doing okay..

Anywho, I am excited about NECX.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Okay, I might make it out to this one.

I just need to make sure I can get a decent price on a plane ticket, and 2 people who want to join my team on the SSFIV 3v3's. :)

Wait, is that SFIV? or SSFIV?

Dark_Rob

Noob
is there a expressway near these hotels??
Yes. Its right off the I-95. Here is a local map of the area http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/area/map.html?propertyID=1047 As you can see Island ave, which the hotel is located on crosses the I-95 so its real easy to get to.

Okay, I might make it out to this one.

I just need to make sure I can get a decent price on a plane ticket, and 2 people who want to join my team on the SSFIV 3v3's. :)

Wait, is that SFIV? or SSFIV?
That would be great to see you there Bone and finally get to meet you in person. Maybe we can get you into the UMK3 tourney to? hehe.
Oh and Im sure its SSF4. I copied that post from Big Eric over at SRK who runs the Philly tournies and Im sure its just a typo. Nobody plays vanilla SF4 anymore.
Phil and I (and hopefully Reo if he wants to come) will be driving down there that Friday night and staying through Sunday so Im sure we will have plenty of time to kick it. It would be cool to see you there.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Yes. Its right off the I-95. Here is a local map of the area http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/area/map.html?propertyID=1047 As you can see Island ave, which the hotel is located on crosses the I-95 so its real easy to get to.

That would be great to see you there Bone and finally get to meet you in person. Maybe we can get you into the UMK3 tourney to? hehe.
Oh and Im sure its SSF4. I copied that post from Big Eric over at SRK who runs the Philly tournies and Im sure its just a typo. Nobody plays vanilla SF4 anymore.
Phil and I (and hopefully Reo if he wants to come) will be driving down there that Friday night and staying through Sunday so Im sure we will have plenty of time to kick it. It would be cool to see you there.
Well of course im joining UMK3. I've been practicing.

Another issue will be getting a ride from the airport and back, if anybody can pick me up that would be cool.

I'm not too sure what I will do as far as hotels go, but I have to figure that out too.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Bone there is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel....by car i think it takes less than 4 minutes.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Well of course im joining UMK3. I've been practicing.

Another issue will be getting a ride from the airport and back, if anybody can pick me up that would be cool.

I'm not too sure what I will do as far as hotels go, but I have to figure that out too.
Il have my car with me so I can pick you up no problem. As far as the hotel goes, all of us are staying at the Sheraton that is hosting the tournament to make things easy. Im sure as the tourney draws closer Eric will announce special rates for tourney goers for rooms and so forth. Its still a few months off so youve got plenty of time to plan.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
awesome rob, that would make it easier for me. cause drivingfor 5 hours im going to just wanna hop into the hotel ASAP lol

now i never done anything like thid before, so i have a few more questions.

the Tekken 6 tag team, do i need to find 2 more people to play with on my team before i arrive there?

the KI and MK2 tourney are they still going on?

and finally, since some 3D MK people will be there, like a good amount. if i brought my own tv and PS3 would we be able to set something up for MKD and MKA?

Dark_Rob

Noob
awesome rob, that would make it easier for me. cause drivingfor 5 hours im going to just wanna hop into the hotel ASAP lol
Yea the hotel is like 30 sec off the I-95 so your good. Its real easy.

now i never done anything like thid before, so i have a few more questions.

the Tekken 6 tag team, do i need to find 2 more people to play with on my team before i arrive there?
Ive never played in a team tournament so Im not exactly sure how it works. I would guess it would be better to have your team assembled beforehand rather than try to assemble one from the hip at the tourney itself. Im just guessing though.

the KI and MK2 tourney are they still going on?
Not sure about KI. If there are enough people that want to play it then we can make it happen. MK2 is a definate. We always have an MK2 tournament. That will probably be on saturday and UMK3 on sunday

and finally, since some 3D MK people will be there, like a good amount. if i brought my own tv and PS3 would we be able to set something up for MKD and MKA?
I dont see why not. assuming there is enough room to have a set up for it, I cant see it being a problem.
:) :)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
thanks for answering all my questions thus far rob :)

seems to be a major SF thing then everything else. ill even try the street fighter tourney LOL ill be shocked if i beat one person.

so last question, should i contact that guy that is running this thing to ask him about MKD and MKA?? u think he'd be open to this?

Dark_Rob

Noob
so last question, should i contact that guy that is running this thing to ask him about MKD and MKA?? u think he'd be open to this?
Its not nessecary. Mortal Kombat is in a seperate room from the main room. And Shock,9.95 and I run it so if you bring a setup we will find you a place to set it up.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Its not nessecary. Mortal Kombat is in a seperate room from the main room. And Shock,9.95 and I run it so if you bring a setup we will find you a place to set it up.
awesome, ill come up with some ideas and present it to you guys then. thanks alot :)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Why don't you just tell him where it is?

The Restroom.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

ok so i will be picking up check to go to this tourney. this will be my trek there. i may be willing to pick up a few others depending on how i feel about them. let me know if you'd like to go and if you'll need a ride.

now about MKD/MKA being a little side tourney there, i really want this to happen. ill be willing to put up a 25-50 reward for each game to the winner. so far it looks as if 6 people will be playing for sure and i know i can get some more..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
NECXI Arrangements! Dec. 4th & 5th Let's get set and organized!

It's time to make the hotel arrangements, carpool, help each other out and get as many of us there as possible.

Please, use this thread RIGHT NOW and do NOT miss out on NECX!!

Right now, I invited my fiance along but she may have to work now so I'll probably be going by myself unless something changes. With that said Bone (if he can confirm) will be rooming with me and we'll split the cost of the room.

Right there it is ^, use this thread for getting your trip organized and safe!

Don't miss out... a lot of are going! :top:

Game Registration: Post up if you're registering for a game

UMK3 - Shock and 9.95 will run this tournament

1. Shock
2. Summoning
3. 9.95
4. Dark Rob
5. AC1984
6. REO
7. STORMS

MKII - Shock and 9.95 will run this tournament

1. Shock
2. Summoning
3. 9.95
4. Dark Rob
5. AC1984

MKDC Side Tournament - Phil needs a volunteer to run this bracket. I will provide the bracket program.

MKD Side Tournament?
MKA Side Tournament?

MKHD UMK3 Tournament?
MKHD MK2 Tournament? -Shock and 9.95 are waiting for MKHD to be released before we decide on this.
MKHD MK1 Tournament?

UMK3 High Stakes Random Select Tournament?
UMK3 2 on 2 Tournament?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If I were to be going, could someone pick me up from the airport? Also, I would like to share a hotel room with someone or multiple people. I can sleep on the floor or in the bathtub, doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.