What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
In MK9, Noob had an overhead shadow tackle and a low shadow slide and he was still bottom 5. Granted, MK11 is more neutral and footsies focused, so an overhead shadow may perform better in this game; however, I doubt it will be "cheap" and take away the skill necessary to play the character. For one you should consider how fast shadow tackle comes out in contrast to the slide. Tackle takes longer to reach the other side of the screen. It occupies space which is good, but it will be readable if you just throw it out there consistently without thinking. You're to have to use it wisely, otherwise they can jump in at the right time, avoid the shadow tackle, then be closer to you.

You should also consider the fact that he appears to be reliant on meter if you want to carry your opponent to the corner, which is a point @lionheart21 made earlier on this page. Managing your resources will make or break games for us. We're going to have to make proper predictions with how certain parts of the match will play out in order to make the decisions whether to spend the meter to further push our opponent into the corner or to save it and spend the meter to get damage in the corner.
I do want to point out that with the analysis of @Wetdoba (who did a really good job at breaking down the trailer), Max and Super who did their own breakdowns as well as myself watching the trailer countless times I can come to the conclusion that Noob has a way better neutral game then he did in mk9. I believe he's more of a "in your face character" at his core now. but you can still make him a zoner or make him more aggresive by customizing his specials. And I believe any character would need to meter burn to extend combos up to ten without being in the corner.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Having fast overhead and low projectiles would ruin the entire mid range footsie point of the game.

Also I have no idea how you are getting that he is meter reliant from a single trailer let alone using that made up weakness as a justification for longe range neutral ruining mix ups whenever he wants
It's not that fast. Just watch the trailer again. It's not slow, but it's not fast.

It's an assumption made based on how his move kit is similar to MK9 and in that game he was a character who capitalized in the corner, but has poor corner carry. This time around it seems they improved his corner carry, but you have to burn meter to do so. For all we know he may not be the same character; however, based on the trailer he seems to have similarities to MK9, so one making said assumption isn't absurd.

What "made up weakness" are you referring to? Would like to know in order to properly answer that part of your comment.

I do want to point out that with the analysis of @Wetdoba (who did a really good job at breaking down the trailer), Max and Super who did their own breakdowns as well as myself watching the trailer countless times I can come to the conclusion that Noob has a way better neutral game then he did in mk9. I believe he's more of a "in your face character" at his core now. but you can still make him a zoner or make him more aggresive by customizing his specials. And I believe any character would need to meter burn to extend combos up to ten without being in the corner.
He does have a way better nuetral than he did in MK9 by presentation alone. They improved on the character since then. I'll agree to disagree on the idea that Noob is going to be more aggro now. I personally believe he will have the tools he needs to better hold himself during defensive play and be able to retaliate back.

All characters can extend combos buy using meter burned moves, this is true. Just look at Kano on the Kombat Kast. Some characters don't need to meter burn to corner carry and just do it to net more damage, in my opinion. I'm just making a point specifically with Noob based on my own assumptions on how he will play due to the similarities to his kit from Mk9.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The made up weakness is his reliance on meter because we dont know if that is true. His corner carry also came from ending combos in teleport which we didnt see in the trailer so too early to comment on that as well but most likely will be the same considering he has essentially every move from MK9 back. All it takes is 1 cancellable string thats knocks far away to cancel into tele then boom corner carry

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The made up weakness is his reliance on meter because we dont know if that is true. His corner carry also came from ending combos in teleport which we didnt see in the trailer so too early to comment on that as well but most likely will be the same considering he has essentially every move from MK9 back. All it takes is 1 cancellable string thats knocks far away to cancel into tele then boom corner carry
It's not a made up weakness. It's just an assumption I came up with by watching the trailer a few times. You're not wrong. We don't know if that's true; however, based on what is in the trailer and how similar his kit is to MK9 it's not far-fetched for one to make that assumption. I know his corner carry came from ending combos with tele-slam, but depending on who you were up against you wouldn't want to end it with Tele-slam. Maybe the same thing will be applied in this game? Only time will tell. For now it's all speculation.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yep, and that's exactly why I like this iteration. I've never really been a fan of zoning (I view the style as perfectly viable, I'm just not a defense-based keep-away fighter is all), but having a more aggressive Noob that's got more options now for combos...that's got my attention.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Seems like he will be able to get big damage with Amplify Teleport, the string that amplifies for a launch, and a re-imagined "ghost ball" kinda seems like its back but isn't a projectile. 45 seconds into the trailer you can see him go into a slow white animation that leaves the opponent open for a follow up. There isn't the glow from an amplify here so is it possible that he gets a meterless combo starter up close? This would likely be gear but even still that would be pretty amazing. Doesn't seem like there will be any need to worry if you want to play an up close build of Noob.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yep, and that's exactly why I like this iteration. I've never really been a fan of zoning (I view the style as perfectly viable, I'm just not a defense-based keep-away fighter is all), but having a more aggressive Noob that's got more options now for combos...that's got my attention.
Me too, I'm a rushdown player and somewhat balanced punish player but I was never zoner style. I am seeing potential for many styles and I think he has midscreen combo potential that is untapped but we will see.

If Noob Saibot really is a zoning type character, then I've found my main. Ever since I started playing Sagat, I wanted a character with a similar playstyle like his. Noob fits that. Skarlet does too somewhat, but I like Noob more.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I don't think he'll be too meter dependent. He has a meterless launcher with his Standing 4. That's a single button launcher, that's as optimized as it gets. No 4 hit string in the beginning to scale your shit.
His standing 4 looks great. I wonder if it will have a nice sized hitbox to be used as an anti-air.

If Noob Saibot really is a zoning type character, then I've found my main. Ever since I started playing Sagat, I wanted a character with a similar playstyle like his. Noob fits that. Skarlet does too somewhat, but I like Noob more.
You've made the right choice! Welcome to the shadows, my friend.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yo! I had to come back after seeing the Noob trailer. So ready, I don't even care that everyone is gonna main him.
Nah people like his looks but if he isnt top tier people will migrate . Is it weird i DONT want him to be ez mode?

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
My perfect MK character would have a Teleport, a Divekick, and a Slide. Noob might be as good as it gets towards reaching that dream. I'm locked in as Noob main for the long haul unless they add Smoke later. Then I'll co-main both of them. I'm ready for all the teabagging and hate mail that using him will create.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
My perfect MK character would have a Teleport, a Divekick, and a Slide. Noob might be as good as it gets towards reaching that dream. I'm locked in as Noob main for the long haul unless they add Smoke later. Then I'll co-main both of them. I'm ready for all the teabagging and hate mail that using him will create.
Ahhh, the hate mail. No matter what one does it always seems to make its way into ones inbox.

jmt

Noob
“Everyone” is gonna play whatever character they just revealed. It always happens. Then the next reveal happens and everyone jumps onto that character. Noob is the first character revealed that I said I am going to main for sure.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
“Everyone” is gonna play whatever character they just revealed. It always happens. Then the next reveal happens and everyone jumps onto that character. Noob is the first character revealed that I said I am going to main for sure.
Same for me. It was difficult not jumping on the Jade, Cage, and Kano wagons but I held out for Noob. Glad I waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.