What's new

Non-Fight/UI Features You'd Like To See Added

What are some things you'd like to see modified or added to MK9, outside of actual matchup mechanics/buffs/nerfs/balances?

Here's some things I'd like to see added:

- Add an INSTANT REMATCH option, which skips the vs. screen and instantly restarts the match like on SF4, instead of having to sit through a completely unnecessary load screen. Give players the option to keep the previously entered kombat code active so you can still turn on klassic music or whatever without having to sit through a load screen to fight a match that doesn't need to be reloaded.

- Give online a REMATCH and INSTANT REMATCH option.

- Built in tournament mode/brackets, both online and offline.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've been keeping Tournament Mode in my prayers since the game dropped.

Bring back the "Choose Your Destiny" ladders, endurance matches, and Survival mode.

I'd also like to see Klassic Music expanded to bring back the old fatality music. MK1 fatality music for MK1 stages, MK2 fatality music for MK2 stages, MK3 fatality music for MK3 stages. And Frank Sinatra for Kratos' stage.

Bring back "Awah?" from doing a stage fatality on The Dead Pool stage. I was pretty surprised that this wasn't in from release.

Would love to see the MK1-3 stages that aren't in the game added as DLC at some point too.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I like the idea of player and Ranked matches. But I think Ranked matches should be best of three matches. Just like at tournaments and such. To me, that would make the TrueSkill ranking more accurate... keep people from rage quitting as much.

Make KOTH 2 less people in each room. 8 is too many... takes to long to get back there. Hell maybe you should be able to size the thing yourself. If you know your connection isn't the greatest... let me make the room for only 3 or 4.

less of the character destruction. I like the bruises and busted eyes... but gashes in the legs and such from JUST kicks. Maybe have move properties that create the large gashes (scorpions slashes, X-rays, projectiles).

A longer period of time before the stupid DEMO kicks in at the main screen...or the ability to turn it off. Seriously, its like half as long as the menu actually takes to load up -_-

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
more secret fights and easter eggs

also bigger krypt with better stuff
I've got like 415,000 coins and nowhere for them to go.

Im really surprised they didnt make unlockable/buyable characters.
That was the draw to going to battle in the 3D games - wouldve way rather the people be purchased than the finishers.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I agree with pretty much all of the suggestions above so I won't repeat them. I'll go off the rails with random shit instead:

-Give every stage a stage fatality.
-Bring back the Pit II, I always thought that flat slab of concrete death was brutal.
-Have a truly secret character for hype's sake that won't be found for a year.
-Upon release of the next MK game, hype the shit out of a "submit your own fatality" contest: The best 3 will be DLC in the next 6 months.
-Give Stryker a gas mask.
-Make alternate colors truly alternate so we can tell the difference.
-Have every character represented in the Nekropolis, inluding bosses.
-Give DLC alternate costumes.
-For Noob players, have one of his alternate colors actually be to play ink as the main, and his "shadow" will be the "human" form. I always thought that would have been cool, even though I don't use him.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
The ability to save a replay of the match you just played. Cinematic playback(like in the trailers where the camera zooms around) would be sweet, too.

CHouse

Noob
-Get rid of the theater mode in KotH
-faster load times during rematches
-tone down battle damage (looks a little ridiculous sometimes)
-more levels, costumes, and fatalities
-animalities, brutalities, and friendships
-better krypt
-better color differential between similar costumes so you can tell the difference in mirror matches
-for MK10 please have a better soundtrack, most of the character themes sucked

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Two player practice mode!!!

And Tournament Mode (Both 1v1 and 2v2).

aj1701

Noob
I'd also like to see Klassic Music expanded to bring back the old fatality music. MK2 fatality music for MK2 stages
To this day, I think MK2 had some of the best sound effects, especially whoever did the voice for Fight / Finish him, etc. I've let the intro run just b/c I liked the music and thunder effects. Raidens thunder sound effects really went to shit after MK2. They've got no punch.

-Get rid of the theater mode in KotH
I actually like that, but it would be nice if the loading didn't force you back into it.

This one really pisses me off: make the menus more responsive. Online, offline, WTF is up with the menus? There's like a second delay between when you close a popup window and when you can start moving on the menu again.

JacopeX said:
Two player practice mode!!!
You can do this already. Just pause the same and change the AI setting to HUMAN. Only drawback is player 2 is stuck with the default controls, so you're screwed if you use any other setup. I use R1 for block and R2 for throw, so it would be nice if they let you configure the buttons for player 2 in training mode.

To this day, I think MK2 had some of the best sound effects, especially whoever did the voice for Fight / Finish him, etc. I've let the intro run just b/c I liked the music and thunder effects. Raidens thunder sound effects really went to shit after MK2. They've got no punch.
I'm with you on the MK2 sound effects, they still sound brutal even today. MK 1-3 all had awesome sound effects, and was usually the loudest game in the arcade. Some of the sounds in MK9 came out a little weaker than I expected, like the uppercut sound.

Speaking of sound, MK9's overall volume needs to be turned up. I have to turn my surround sound all the way up to get the same volume I get from turning it up moderately on most other games.

They should also add Raiden's MK1 sound to his superman move, and change Scorpion's spear sound to the MK2 version. And give Johnny Cage's shadow kick some actual shadows like in MK 1&2.

I could go on forever about little sound bits I'd change here and there in MK9. Sound on MK has always been a huge draw for me, way more than any other game. Playing MK without sound is like watching Star Wars without music.

Oh yeah...Nightwolf's voice needs to sound like an indian and not some middle class white guy that works in a cubicle.

Same for Liu Kang.