What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

Youre putting words in my mouth. Stop it. That's not what I said. I said that people actually name call & grow a dislike for a person for what they see on stream & in video games. If you never met a person then you don't know them. If you're not going to actually read what I say or try to understand then don't reply.

Edit: Stupid phone -_-
Most people are complaining about his gameplay, not about him as a person.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Anyone else thinks that if honeybee would go straight to flash instead of mirror from first game he might reset it and win later ?
I wondered that myself. I'm a believer in dedicating to and sticking with your char over spreading yourself thin with attempted counter picks.

As for the Dragon haters. I don't think anyone (well very few at least) is hating on him as a person. It's his gameplay. It's always been extremely lame, but very effective. I find him annoying to watch. Always as safe and low risk as possible. Almost zero attempts at breaking out of that and it leads to a bland time. Basically he really exposes bad designs. However I respect how he utilizes that to the max. The man is a machine and earned his place.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Inj2 brought a shit load of scrubs to this site it's disgusting. No wonder top players don't come here anymore.

NRs already stated that they will be nerfing the top tiers next patch, no point on moaning anymore. Plus all you scrubs will find other chars to moan about once patch hits anyway, As I said patch won't fix your scrubbiness.
you joined this site a month before Injustice 2 was released, and within a month of the game's release had made TWO separate threads both asking for patches to buff Scarecrow (a character strong enough to win CEO).

Do you even realise how utterly moronic your posts are?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
As a black-american Trump voter, I'm actually quite disgusted with how you guys are assuming that because I have Trump as my avatar, my opinions don't matter. In a world where there are people dying because they have no food nor any shelter and people are being killed for voting for a man who they thought was going to change this country, this is quite saddening and quite telling that we have a whole lot of work to do.

Egotism is our problem folks, not my Trump avatar nor the man himself.
You keep using the word egotism, but it's pretty clear you have no idea what it means. I think you mean elitism, but that's quite the stretch here.

Last edited:
I find this curious as Dragon is one of the nicest and most likable people in our community.

Always humble and cheerful 99% of the time. Instead of complaining he just grinds it out and works hard. And he's not afraid to have a good sense of humor about himself, even when people poke fun at him.

When people who've never had a conversation with him are saying they don't like him... It makes me scratch my head a bit.

There are definitely things that matter outside of this game. <3 Dragon
I mean you don't really need to know someone personally to like or dislike something about them. You can hate celebrities for their onscreen persona, you can hate a musician for his music etc. Being nice has nothing to do with being hated on a non intimate(personal level).

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
People need to lay off Dragon, seriously.

Dragon came from not playing Injustice 1 to winning EVO for the first injustice 2. If you are seriously going to say he only won because of Aquaman then you need to go back and watch the matches. Dragon was holding the controller and making the right reads against Honeybee and all of the players he matched up against. He blocked the lows and OHs. He was the one out spacing, anybody can pick Aquaman hell, Dragon beat Honeybees Aquaman TWICE.

Yes, Aquaman is very boring to watch, so what. Honeybee and Flash were by far the hypest moment of the tournament and I am not gonna lie it would have been amazing to see Honeybee win EVO. I would consider both of those players good friends of mine, Dragon was a teammate for a short time and Honeybee whooped my ass at CEO in MKX and was cool to talk to and hangout with.

Dragon won EVO, and Dragon won EVO with Aquaman, and everyone has to deal with it.

(Watching Aquaman is better than watching batgirl from IGAU.)

So seriously congrats to everyone.

Semiij - was rooting for you the entire time man. It is awesome to see you level up so much and take down legends.
@HoneyBee - Flashlord. Keep the hype coming
@Dragon_FGC - Congrats Ryan, you earned this.
@Big D - you're trash.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Man, do we really need multiple 200 plus comment threads full of armchair finalists complaining about these players or their picks. Is AM brain dead and boring to watch? Yes. Are these dudes playing for 25k? Yes. These tournaments aren't for you people that never will and her have traveled. They are for people trying to win money, people who have invested money to be there. They aren't going to play what you find entertaining sitting at home watching the stream, they are going to play whatever is going to win them that money. We all joke about d1 trident rush winning evo but holy shit some of you are so out of touch it's not even funny.

God Confirm

that goes for both ways, if yall scrubs labbed the aquaman/adam MU u wouldn't be crying as much lol
AH, so its a lack of knowledge on how to deal with d1~Trident that is causing people think Aquaman is overpowered. That's good to know. I take it you won't be sharing this secret counter tech that everyone including all of Dragon's EVO opponents have missed because they have literally never taken Aquaman to the lab, because that would just make it to easy. Where does Aquaman sit on your personal tier list btw Shaka? is he below or above bottom 5 scarecrow?

Shaka

Tier Whore.
AH, so its a lack of knowledge on how to deal with d1~Trident that is causing people think Aquaman is overpowered. That's good to know. I take it you won't be sharing this secret counter tech that everyone including all of Dragon's EVO opponents have missed because they have literally never taken Aquaman to the lab, because that would just make it to easy. Where does Aquaman sit on your personal tier list btw Shaka? is he below or above bottom 5 scarecrow?
one counter is to pushblock. now go lab and find some more ways around it.

Aquaman/Adam/Batman/Deadshot/Atros are all S tier and need adjustments there's not question about that. stop reaching. NRs already stated that they will be nerfing them, what else do you want jesus.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Yes most. Not all. Some really are going overboard. Which is why I said it.
Which is why I made the distinction that people don't care for him as a player, hence "not liking him".

My post was to explain that the phrase can mean different things. I am not going to say you not understanding that means you shouldn't respond, but instead reiterate what i meant.

God Confirm

one counter is to pushblock. now go lab and find some more ways around it.

Aquaman/Adam/Batman/Deadshot/Atros are all S tier and need adjustments there's not question about that. stop reaching. NRs already stated that they will be nerfing them, what else do you want jesus.
that doesnt counter it, thats just spending a bar to prevent most (not all) of his damage from it, a situation that just cost you a bar and him none, that he got without opening you up, and resets only to the neutral, which for many characters is still his advantage. That's not a counter to it at all, it's just an option that you may be forced to use.

And I'm not asking for nerfs. I'm asking for you to stop posting dumb shit. You are this year's Made of Metal.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I don't think I'be ever seen the characters in MVC2 booed ever. I don't think I've even seen or heard Vergil or MorriDoom booed in it's lifetime besides perhaps Vanilla Phoenix.

Tanya has been booed, Alien has been booed and Aquaman has been booed less than 24 hours ago.

Dragon doesn't owe anything to anyone and he can play who he likes. He deserved his win as well because he picks the best and plays his best. So I can't take anything away from him.

In terms of comparitive top tiers.

Aquamam, Batman, Superman, Black Adam at the very least have ALL been top tier in the previous game for a lot of the reasons that they are now.

Also, Magneto and Doom as a top tier in any game has and always will be more interesting than anything that NRS has to offer in terms of their character designs.

Also, please do not get personal with me. I do not need to see a doctor and I haven't listed or noted anything as a fact. One thing that is a fact is that the company that I do love has been booed more times in the last three years than others have in their entire career. That IS a fact.
Me saying you need to see a doctor isn't going personal, that's a fair statement considering the amount of nonsense you and other people are saying, especially after you calling Dragon a "tier-whoring, overhyped player". The fact that you and other people HATE dragon just because of the characters he plays in fighting games is just laughable, there are much better reasons to hate somebody in life, but the characters he plays? GTFO.

Also you wanna know why Tanya got booed (never heard Alien getting Booed though)? That's becuase that just like you, they were childlish enough to do that becasue all they cared about was to see different characters for their entertainment and that's it. I for one hate Capcom after years of doing bad buisness practices and I hate the Capcom fanboys for keep protecting Capcom and even disrespecting every game that isn't Street Fighter (some SF even disrespect MVC games, believe it or not) and their fanbases, but I have to admit that not all of the Capcom fans are like that, and those particular people are mature and wouldn't boo somebody for picking a character even if it is boring to watch, and that's not because they're more exciting to watch but because unlike you, they actually understand what players have to go through to win. Also I've seen an SF2 match that @Shaka posted that in which the commentators mentioned the Zoning in IJ2 in regards to the Zoning the Sagat player did in the match, and they mentioned that they don't complain. And they don't, because they understand that there is no reason to complain, just like in NRS games there is no reason to complain.

Also NRS games are topping everything that Capcom has ever done and I don't mean just the recent Capcom games but also of all time, the NRS scenes got some extremely exciting matches and amazing gameplay for the games, and the games themselves are just awesome in every regard, and NRS do everything to give the best product possible and take feedback from fans, unlike Capcom who only care about the money and publicity they can get from the tournies (and yes they don't make tournies for the scene anymore, they only care about the money, and if would see what they did with their games, it is very to see why). And the characters that are in NRS games are super awesome and exciting, sure there might be some characters that some people might call boring but every fighting game has that list of characters including Capcom, and yet people don't complain, and neither should you. NRS doing amazing job with their characters and games, period.

And yes, me hating Capcom and it's fanboys for doing bad business practices and disrespecting other players who don't play the games they play is a much more logical then hating someone for the characters he plays.

And no, NRS/WB never got booed, only the characters and players, and regardless, that's not what should be done by the crowd.

And finally, how the list of top characters in IJ2 mirror that of IJ1 for just 4 characters? Like I said there are characters who only appeared in this game like Atro and Fate, and they are very viable, and what about other characters that have appeared in IJ1 and you didn't bother to mention like Catwoman? Again, how it mirrors?

If you're saying all of that, it is clear you're not a true NRS fan, you're just a hater jumping on bandwagon. You will probably call me a fanboy, but I'm not, if I can give credit to legit people who should get credit and not making shit up, I'm not a fanboy. And yes, if that's the stuff you're saying, you need to go see a doctor, period

Lmao, I bet if it was up to you, Tanya and Alien would never have been nerfed. You can scream "git gud" all you want, some characters are dumb and you can't stop people from pointing that out.
except that you can still win against these characters, so if you're playing against a viable character and you wanna win, yes, you need to "git gud".

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
2. Why are the most straightforward characters so often the strongest in their games (Alien, Tanya, Superman, Aquaman, etc.)
lmao what

Tanya is maybe the most complex character ever to appear in a Mortal Kombat game lmao

Simple, it wasnt hype, Ivy vs Flash would have been hype
If he had gone Ivy, people would have complained about 'spamming'. There's no winning.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
A quick note about the booing...

You can't police other people's props. People will hate or praise based on what they deem is worthy of respect. You cannot tell someone what they should be impressed by. People are complaining that Dragon isn't getting enough props, but that's not how this works.

Most of you aren't making proper distinctions either. There's this false dichotomy of "Dragon won on merit of skill" vs. "Dragon won on merit of character." We all know it's much more gray than that. Dragon deserved to win Evo because he started the match at the select screen. He won with a combination of tools and talent. Nothing wrong with that.

However, you're being purposefully naive if you think people ought to be equally impressed by both players in grand finals. Beating the best players in their world is harder with a low tier character than it is with a high tier character, so naturally, Honeybee is going to get more props. That's just logic. It doesn't diminish the fact that Dragon is a badass player. It doesn't take away his medal. Nonetheless, Honeybee beat almost the same amount of players as Dragon did. With Flash. It bears repeating: winning with a low tier is harder than winning with a high tier. If you disagree with that, you are either being willfully dense or you are so lost in the romance of the Evo win that you can't think clearly.

God Confirm

And no, NRS/WB never got booed, only the characters and players
well, guess this answers the question of can this thread get any dumber

can't believe this is being used as an argument, what are you trying to say? Tanya/Aquaman/Alien all happened during the showing for NRS games. What is the distinction you are trying to make here? what's the relevance? the criticism is exactly the same no matter where the character comes from

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If I recall correctly was he not effectively banned from taking part for the rest of season 2 ESL for that? Is that not an appropriate punishment for the crime under that umbrella and he has technically "served his time".
I was answering "why do people hate him for no reason'". Whether or not he's served his time wasn't the reason for my post. You can't cheat in a tournament and expect everyone to forgive you.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
well, guess this answers the question of can this thread get any dumber

can't believe this is being used as an argument, what are you trying to say? Tanya/Aquaman/Alien all happened during the showing for NRS games. What is the distinction you are trying to make here? what's the relevance? the criticism is exactly the same no matter where the character comes from
What I'm saying is that when you're booing someone using a character, you're not booing the company who made the game/character but the character itself and/or the player. Not very hard to understand that.