What's new

No Platform-Exclusive Characters Planned for Mortal Kombat X

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm still on the fence because we've been told that we wouldn't get any MK characters in Injustice, that turned out to not be real.

I really hope NRS isn't just throwing out some baits while we wait for news, so far my biggests disappointments on NRS releases where:

A: Kratos over Sareena who was left out of MK9.

B: Brutalities not making the final cut.

C: Vita's Costumes being console exclusive

D: Vaguely someone on NRS saying NO MK chars on IGAU and we got Scorpion who supposedly replaced black Canary (she was in the works).

I really hope this time around is different, really, MKX has everything to be an amazing game, just don't screw it with console exclusive characters, guest characters nobody wants.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I believe the exclusive character content to be available through their collector's edition of MKX. They did say that there would be character content exclusive to the collector's package...or whatever they're going to call it.

I'm also going to say that later down the road that the exclusive content will be available through digital download. Especially what happened when MK9 dropped and people were paying over $200 for some skins. That's why they did 8 skin costumes for 400 MS points.

Thank god. It's always a worry to me that one of these characters is accidentally going to wind up top tier and just totally screw everyone who doesn't have X or Y console.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Good. Nothing worse than a character being out that you know you wouldn't be allowed to play in a tournament anyway due to their limited exclusivity...

...We already have Goro for that...
Uh not true, well...not proven true yet. For all we know Goro could be released day 1 as DLC so he could be allowed in tournament.
Ocassionally, the term "platform" is used to distinguish between PC and Console. Consoles are one type of platform, and PC is another.
Uh I fixed that. Computer games are available on all platforms lol.