What's new

No one uses "Access Denied"?

Robotic

Gentleman.
I was back in the lab with Sektor, determined to find a use for - what I have seen - to be his most useless dial-a-combo: the 13. I currently use all of his combos in some way (sometimes parts, sometimes all of the combo), but "Access Denied" always seemed like a space filler.

I think I found a use for it. If nothing else, AFTER YOU TRY THIS YOURSELF, I hope you Sek users find other, maybe better uses for it. I have exceptions at the end.

Try this combo in the corner: 12b1, b21, 13 upmissile. This combo takes 30+ % and ends in upmissile pressure. We all know how dangerous this can be due to post-patch wake up madness, but this particular combo is safe against most characters. Combined with all the other stuff you Beastly corner combo/corner pressure Sektors players do, this will be a welcome addition to your arsenal, I think. Right after upmissile, block to gauge what your opponent wants to do. In most situations, their wakeup will either be stuffed by the upmissile, or your block will allow 12b1 (or any of the other strings you know) corner combos to continue. At the very least, this combo is unpunishable, which is pretty important.

Exceptions I've found so far:

KL spin, EX spin.

SZ slide and Ex slide

Rep dash and Ex dash

Kitana Up raise

Cyrax Ex-Ragdoll

JC Shadow kick and Ex-kick

Baraka blade charge.

Crathen

Death is my business
Tbh it's not that useful in combos , in the corner you can 12b1 b21 122 Upmissile and you recover faster than 13 upmissile since the opponent falls slower so you can't be punished by anything.

The only use i can think about 13 is when trying to rushdown with the 12 string , both hits have a high hitbox and will whiff even on some crouch blocking character and then they'll most likely lowpoke/uppercut after seeing the 1 and the 2 will not hit them , now (1)3 should hit special mid even on low hitbox characters so they can't just wait for you to 12 to punish it because the 3 will hit them leading them to guess if you will 12 or 13 making them vulnerable to b34. That's all i can think about it now.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Interesting. Last I checked, 122 upmisile ender wasn't that safe anymore. I have found much more success with the 13 upmissile instead. Has anyone besides me tried the combo I listed against characters who are wakeup attacking/tech roll wakeup?

ryublaze

Noob
Have you tried 1,2,b1,f4,1,2,2 Up Missile? I remember posting this somewhere. It does 29% and you are safe from Kung Lao's spin.

The way the wake-up game is now, I do everything I can to avoid the corners. It's just too easy now for that situation to get flipped on you, and a cornered Sektor is a dead Sektor.

For me personally, there are enough exceptions you've found in that combo to keep 13 useless.

Robotic

Gentleman.
The way the wake-up game is now, I do everything I can to avoid the corners. It's just too easy now for that situation to get flipped on you, and a cornered Sektor is a dead Sektor.

For me personally, there are enough exceptions you've found in that combo to keep 13 useless.
7 characters out of how many. I'm going to keep using this in the corner against the proper characters. Please take this for a test drive and get the proper timing down and decide AFTER you've tried it. I'm not just giving you guys suicide tips. Try it and find out if you can tweak it to make it your own, find something better, or abandon it altogether - just try it first, no?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
up close 1,3 cant be ducked whereas 1,1 and 1,2 can. the string on hit gives ok advantage

it has some use in certain corner combos like 1,2,b+1, b+2,1, 1,3~EX TU, b+2~flame burner but why you would take your opponent out of the corner is beyond me.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Good info pimp, but I'm speaking of this. specific. corner. combo: 12b1, b21, 13 upmissile. There are exceptions as I listed above, but the possibility of adding more ammunition to an already sick, underrated Sektor corner game should be worth a test drive.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
If the player tries to uppercut as soon as he sees the standing 1, will it beat out the 3? If it does, then fuck 1,3.. if not then 1,3 might just save Sektor.

Robotic

Gentleman.
If the player tries to uppercut as soon as he sees the standing 1, will it beat out the 3? If it does, then fuck 1,3.. if not then 1,3 might just save Sektor.
Are you talking as a stand-alone combo? I'm not sure. I see where you're going with this and it merits some testing...and beers, because, beers.

I'm only speaking of the 1,3 in combo with the one I listed. Has anyone tried this yet?

Are you talking as a stand-alone combo? I'm not sure. I see where you're going with this and it merits some testing...and beers, because, beers.

I'm only speaking of the 1,3 in combo with the one I listed. Has anyone tried this yet?
I'm in the lab now. I'll also do what I can to test SwiftTomHank's question.

The timing is kind of strict and depend's on the characters uppercut speed. If they know that the 1 is coming, they can uppercut out every time. However, if they go for the uppercut on reaction, they'll probably eat the 3. It varies from character to character.

I'm only speaking of the 1,3 in combo with the one I listed.
It works as you described. It seems like it's just as safe as 12b1>b21>12>122>Up Missile, meaning that what can get out of that can get out of this.

While messing around though, I did find a corner combo you all should look into.

12b1>b21>12>12>21>Homing Missile - 39%

Homing Missile, specifically. The knock down on 21 is so long that a regular Up Missile will not stuff a wake-up. However, it also means that that you have more than enough time to ready your defenses. The travel time on the Homing Missile ensures that they either stay locked down or will eat it on (most) wiffed wake-ups.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I did some test on the standing 3. On block you are left at around neutral, however on hit you are left with some noticeable advantage. On hit it seems you are granted another 1,3. On block you are pushed back and your pressure ends.

There are a lot of things one can do though with this.

Sorry for not being as involved with the corner combo.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You know what... At first I thought this move was pretty useless but I'm liking it now as a pressure/mixup string. =)

Robotic

Gentleman.
I did some test on the standing 3. On block you are left at around neutral, however on hit you are left with some noticeable advantage. On hit it seems you are granted another 1,3. On block you are pushed back and your pressure ends.

There are a lot of things one can do though with this.

Sorry for not being as involved with the corner combo.
Home Skillet, have at it! let's talk about 13 in all it's forms now! I'm inspired by the Sektor guys getting in here and and the forum getting activity.

Robotic

Gentleman.
The timing is kind of strict and depend's on the characters uppercut speed. If they know that the 1 is coming, they can uppercut out every time. However, if they go for the uppercut on reaction, they'll probably eat the 3. It varies from character to character.

It works as you described. It seems like it's just as safe as 12b1>b21>12>122>Up Missile, meaning that what can get out of that can get out of this.

While messing around though, I did find a corner combo you all should look into.

Homing Missile, specifically. The knock down on 21 is so long that a regular Up Missile will not stuff a wake-up. However, it also means that that you have more than enough time to ready your defenses. The travel time on the Homing Missile ensures that they either stay locked down or will eat it on (most) wiffed wake-ups.
Fuckin A, Romeo, right when I was doing some 21 corner combo shit, I come in here and read this. Awesome. The one I'm working that's KILLER so far (please test yourself, ALL OF YOU) is 12b1, f4 upmissile [upmissile actually hits them on the way up and continues the combo] 21 upmissile. If I'm right - and i'll continue testing - no one can punish this. b34 being 11-12% into upmissile, this is a step up in damage for what looks like no risk at all at 28%....not to mention stylishhhhhhhhhhh!

ryublaze

Noob

The opponent can roll to avoid that knockdown time. Same goes for ending with 2, Up Missile and D4, Up Missile.

ryublaze

Noob
Fuckin A, Romeo, right when I was doing some 21 corner combo shit, I come in here and read this. Awesome. The one I'm working that's KILLER so far (please test yourself, ALL OF YOU) is 12b1, f4 upmissile [upmissile actually hits them on the way up and continues the combo] 21 upmissile. If I'm right - and i'll continue testing - no one can punish this. b34 being 11-12% into upmissile, this is a step up in damage for what looks like no risk at all at 28%....not to mention stylishhhhhhhhhhh!
Yea that is stylish. Also 1,2,b1,1,2,2,up missile also hits but it doesnt do as much damage.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Yea that is stylish. Also 1,2,b1,1,2,2,up missile also hits but it doesnt do as much damage.
Add 12, 12flame to the end of that. I was doing that one last night!! It's too hard for it's own good, though. 12b1, b21, 12, 122 torch is easier and it does more damage, iirc. Also, the 12, 12 flame might be human exclusive.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Wow... I love this! lol.. I would use it even if it did a bit less damage simply for style. It's funny too because I did this on accident when I was trying to figure out some up missile setups and didn't think of following it up..

I normally do 12B1 b21 12 12 2 up missile. If you time the 2 correctly it stuffs out some wake ups..

Edit: You can extend the combo: 12B1 f4 up missile 12 12 21 up missile (36%)

This is also possible and does more damage but less stylish: 12b1 b21 12 12 21 (39%)

The opponent can roll to avoid that knockdown time. Same goes for ending with 2, Up Missile and D4, Up Missile.
If they roll, you can get them with an Up Missile. So it's a guessing game for everyone!

Actually, after some testing, you want them to roll. If you end with 21, you still have time to block and an Up Missile will hit them, as well as a Homing Missile.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I'm really liking the 12b1, f4 upmissile, 21 upmissile. Un-Fucking-Punishable. 28%, kills some wakeup attacks (KL Spin, KL tele, not the Ex spin, but if you remember to block after the upmissile, no fuckin problem)and allows you to study a matchup to see if a close upmissile ender might be the better way to go (like against Sonya).

Robotic

Gentleman.
Edit: You can extend the combo: 12B1 f4 up missile 12 12 21 up missile (36%)
Although sick combo (and might still awesome for the slower wakeup attack characters in the game), you'll get hit out of this by a tech-roll wakeup from a good chunk of the cast. The 11b1, f4 UM, 21 UM MAKES a character have to burn meter to even escape. Even then only a few can even do that, while an upmissile firing Sektor who's blocking and awaiting ur response to the missile is sippin Robo-Coladas singin Hakuna Matata while punishing ur attempt.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Although sick combo (and might still awesome for the slower wakeup attack characters in the game), you'll get hit out of this by a tech-roll wakeup from a good chunk of the cast. The 11b1, f4 UM, 21 UM MAKES a character have to burn meter to even escape. Even then only a few can even do that, while an upmissile firing Sektor who's blocking and awaiting ur response to the missile is sippin Robo-Coladas singin Hakuna Matata while punishing ur attempt.
Wow.. I tested it on reptiles dash and you're right! I would've been punished badly for that. I think I'll stick to my 2 ender then... Thanx.