What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

E

Eldriken

Tampa has a decent fgc just not for NRS games. This is the main reason i never played MK. I really like injustice though so main its me my 4 buddies and online. Im not committed enough to go to anything besides CEO though as far as majors go.
The only person I was ever able to play offline with ended up moving a few days ago to South Carolina, so I have no offline gaming at all. It's nothing but online, online and more online.

I'd be willing to drive for like 45 minutes to an hour every now and again if there was a consistent Injustice tourney, but meh. I've got absolutely no luck in that regard. I've come across several folks online that live in Florida, but they all live in the aforementioned areas from my last post.

Maybe one day. >_<

haketh

Noob
Lol ok boy :rolleyes:
Actualyl play games for a long peroid of time and you'll realise IGAU has some pretty big fundamental problems that keep it from ebing great, I like the game but I'm not gonna be stupid and pretend these problems don't exist for most of the cast outside a few.

And people here need to stop acting like the NRS community is the only one that hates on it's games. Shit y'all should have seen the Capcom scene when 3S *No fundamentals*, MVC2 *Mashy*, and CVS2 *Boring* came out.

jaym7018

Noob
Actualyl play games for a long peroid of time and you'll realise IGAU has some pretty big fundamental problems that keep it from ebing great, I like the game but I'm not gonna be stupid and pretend these problems don't exist for most of the cast outside a few.

And people here need to stop acting like the NRS community is the only one that hates on it's games. Shit y'all should have seen the Capcom scene when 3S *No fundamentals*, MVC2 *Mashy*, and CVS2 *Boring* came out.
The difference is when injustice came out it killed mk. When mvc3 came oit it didnt kill sf4. Sure some sf4 people bash mvc3 , but its nothing like the burning hatred some mk guys have for injustice. When nrs comes with a new game it kills other nrs games, when capcom comes with a new game it creates another community.

its funny to say but the VSM venue is actually a whole lot better than next level for a few reasons even though its smaller and the building is shittier. at least they have many setups all patched/dlc charcaters and theyre all good monitors and noone smokes weed in the bathroom lol

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

So tell me, wich are the big fundamental problems that IGAU has?
And its not that other communitys hate on their own game that we can do the same...
I remember someone making a thread a while ago about respect, basically saying we should not act like the capcom players and respect each game and not bash on other games that we dont like and everyone agreeing. lol...

I never understood how someone could enjoy a game that much, but still regulary posts in forums about that game a half year later, thats really freaky if you think about it.

You know when halo 2 came out, i really didnt like it. You know what i did? I moved on to other games i enjoyed instead of participating in the halo forums for months and months going on how much i liked halo 1 more. Its just sad and pathetic. We got the message 6 months ago, time to fucking move on.

For the record its not just Injustice. This is the second week Marvel has failed to run a tournament as well (myself, Chris, a couple others showing). NYC in particular seems to be lacking in drive/motivation it seems to knock the established people off the top of the totem pole. The location is inconvenient for sure, but its what we as a community have. As it stands, if things stay the same, there's probably not going to be a Next Level to go to in 4-6 months.
I think a big problem causing this is that NLBC and The Break both draw from the same pool of players and are back-to-back weeklies. The two tournament runners should try to spread them apart better - maybe have one on Monday and one on Friday.

Sabin

Elder God
Honestly not dissin brooklyn im from NY originally but the NJ Ultraspec has been drawing decent and shock can coordinate with anyone and set something up , it is far but no parking problems,, can carpool and whatnot , drinks are allowed its in the middle of nowhere, injustice seems to do very well here

i dont think it is injustice why people didnt show up , its just not easy for people to park and drive to NY

on a side note i didnt like mk9 or injustice , DOTA 2 anyone?:)

(on a side note, I need to hit up a Ultraspec event once, it's been a while)

Yeah that's true. the VSM/NJ and the NYC scenes have always been separate because of that - LI people can get to VSM/Ultraspec easily, whereas NY people can't get to the other locations as easily (with the exception of the Break that you can get to easily from NY but if the tourney runs past midnight it's a pain getting back from there via public transit)

And Injsutice tourneys at NLBC have always been small, but I'm fine with that because it's mostly quality players. Even 10 ppl weekly is enough.

The point of the thread was not to start doom and gloom about Injustice really since I don't mind the game, but just getting word out there to see if something can be done for future tournaments and what I can do to help pander the Injustice community. Because I know Next Level has issues (venue inconvenient for one) but it's all NYC has in terms of fighting games.

I want a local scene in Florida, damn it. If there is one, I'm obviously too far away from it 'cause I don't know about any. :/

I'd imagine if there is one, it's probably in Miami, Orlando or other areas that are 2+ hours away from here.

Effin' Vero Beach, man. This place is all about being ass. >:|

the treasure coast is not too accomodating for fg enthusiasts lol.

Akae47

Noob
Haha, no prob! Over some IGAU/MK9 matches!

Just read your piece of text and ask yourself what would've happened if they did not "better" their game.
Btw, this was only my 4th or 5th post where I actively "complained" about the way NRS handled the production of IGAU...since the release of the game. I don't care if you met Boon, drank a beer with Hector or slept with Paulo, I got too old for the name and number game. You sir, you just got Booned and you don't even realise it.

I have not been "Booned" as you stated. (<<I like the phrase though made me laugh)
I'm being objective to the topic at hand. This topic is highly subjective with many people having opinions. I have not stated my issues with Injustice on here like you have and yes I have several grievances with the game. I understood your views of NRS from a consumer/player standpoint. I have my own business and some the feedback for changes I get from customers are:

1. Straight up impossible

2. Not worth the investment because the return is severely low and will hurt productivity. (Unless I raise the price and "milk" my customers)
or will
3. Anger the majority of my customer base by implementing changes to accommodate a "disgruntled" few.

Just being objective kind sir. Unless I'm blindly overlooking NRS actions in the past to show that they don't care about the customers/fans/players. If so enlighten me my brother, free me from "Booned" status if I am lol.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Fun Fact: walk speeds are generally the same as MK9
Combine this with being unable to cancel dashes and the larger levels+zoomed out screens...you get the impression that this game is slow.

So yeah...its all about like...your opinion man.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Shit y'all should have seen the Capcom scene when 3S *No fundamentals*, MVC2 *Mashy*, and CVS2 *Boring* came out.
the Capcom scene when 3S *No fundamentals*
3S *No fundamentals*

Akae47

Noob
I think a big problem causing this is that NLBC and The Break both draw from the same pool of players and are back-to-back weeklies. The two tournament runners should try to spread them apart better - maybe have one on Monday and one on Friday.

Would it be more convenient? I believe that been tried but wasn't successful. I could be wrong

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So we have more Capcom players playing this game right now than we did at this point in MK9's life. Even if some people hate it, it's actually going well. I like both games, but I get why some people might not like one or both. Just relax and stay positive.

Also I feel like there's sort of a general problem in NY with not having a real unified scene, so maybe there's not enough interest in weeklies + the fact that Next Level is out of the way for a lot of us. The Bronx guys seem to play with each other a lot but without VSM meetups or other training sessions we're becoming online warriors again lol.

Sabin

Elder God
There is also a Injustice tourney at Next Level this Saturday as well for Savage Saturday -
https://www.facebook.com/events/517514531673976/

According to the thread, this apparently will be the last Savage Saturday..ever at Next Level. Really hope it's not a ominous sign.

This thread def got people talking for sure though - I don't really want it to be a naysayer/doom and gloom thread though.

E

Eldriken

the treasure coast is not too accomodating for fg enthusiasts lol.
Haha, at least you know the area I'm talking about. But yeah, I'm starting to see what you mean, however. The GameStops in my areas get like 500+ pre-orders for certain shit, the people pick up their games for the midnight launch and *poof*, they're never to be seen again. WHAT. THE. HELL.