What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

theWasyl

Reptile the other green meat
I live on Long Island and I want to see a scene build here ... I hate having to drive to the cesspool which is NYC everytime for a tournament.... any word on VSM again? or something further east?

theWasyl

OH and maybe mid week tournmanets are a terrible idea personally I work monday thru friday and have to be up at 6am.... sorry but mid week is just a bad bad bad idea

I don't think the problem is the game, especially considering how many people from NON MK backgrounds have been playing, but this is all about the community you build. @KTsmith is 100% right about NLBC being super clique-y. The break is nothing like that, even before Injustice came out and I occasionally played marvel, I never felt out of place or ignored at the break. There's also plenty to do when theres an entire arcade full of games to play there.

The problem in my opinion is that it's hard to really be a good "host" at NLBC. It gets very crowded and chaotic in there. What people don't understand is that it doesnt just take top players to make a scene or run an event.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Fucking seriously, if people miss mk9 fucking go play mk9. There are enough people who don't like playing injustice to do this. Stop being fucking lazy and play a damn game you enjoy. At this point point people are crying just to get attention.
Nah man, can't play MK because it hasn't been patched. :cool:

Satan1

Ice Pirate
We will discuss this saturday!

Haha, no prob! Over some IGAU/MK9 matches!

Please correct if Im wrong kind sir Are you saying that these patches, hotfixes and updates for this game is not NRS focusing on bettering their game?? Do you actually believe that this game is rushed?Why is that? Even with NRS hand-picked several testers from the community to help with the development of the game...Really?? I met Ed Boon before during the MK9 peeking days and I can assure you that he cares, listens and considers what players like. Its hard to please everyone with one complex product such as Injustice. Lastly sometimes what the majority wants is unrealistic because it may actually ruin the game. Faster walks speeds is not something thats just simple to do.
Just read your piece of text and ask yourself what would've happened if they did not "better" their game.
Btw, this was only my 4th or 5th post where I actively "complained" about the way NRS handled the production of IGAU...since the release of the game. I don't care if you met Boon, drank a beer with Hector or slept with Paulo, I got too old for the name and number game. You sir, you just got Booned and you don't even realise it.

me and flux just said how this is happening in Marvel as well...NOT just injustice.
It's happening in Marvel too? Jeez. Yeah I was playing with Crazy Joe and Javi and a few others last night--everyone is still passionate about the game, they're just tired of paying Chris G's rent every week.

I think Injustice is still alive and well, ppl just don't go to NXT LVL that much anymore. It's a pain to get there and it always goes MAD late for a week night. Oh well. I'll start bringing the fear out more often.

next level smells, has no air conditioning and you can barely move when everyone does decide to show up. I don't really see the cliques to be honest I basically like everyone that goes there and can have good conversation with everyone.
Dont even think about playing casuals on the whopping TWO injustice setups which are so cramped together its hilarious. They very likely dont have zatanna either btw.

Riyo

Noob
I don't think the problem is the game, especially considering how many people from NON MK backgrounds have been playing, but this is all about the community you build. @KTsmith is 100% right about NLBC being super clique-y. The break is nothing like that, even before Injustice came out and I occasionally played marvel, I never felt out of place or ignored at the break. There's also plenty to do when theres an entire arcade full of games to play there.

The problem in my opinion is that it's hard to really be a good "host" at NLBC. It gets very crowded and chaotic in there. What people don't understand is that it doesnt just take top players to make a scene or run an event.

I agree with this 100%. When I first came into the scene, any scene, me being my shy self had a hard time talking to people. I had that mentality that if I'm not good enough at a game, people wouldn't talk to me or think differently of me. I never felt like that at the break. Everyone has a great time, even going 0-2 every week haha. There's even people who show up just to chill rather than play. Cause you know... breaksteaks.

E

Eldriken

I want a local scene in Florida, damn it. If there is one, I'm obviously too far away from it 'cause I don't know about any. :/

I'd imagine if there is one, it's probably in Miami, Orlando or other areas that are 2+ hours away from here.

Effin' Vero Beach, man. This place is all about being ass. >:|

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I live on Long Island and I want to see a scene build here ... I hate having to drive to the cesspool which is NYC everytime for a tournament.... any word on VSM again? or something further east?
VSM is dead. As for an Injustice Scene on LI I'm currently looking into it but aside from casuals at my place (I live in Ronkonkoma) theres nothing.

I've been hosting tournaments in NJ with SwiftTomHanks since its a nice middle ground to the tri-state area. Sure its a bit of a hike for me but I enjoy Injustice and its players far too much to not put the effort in so it actually pisses me off that most of this thread says its dying when IMO its going strong with potential to get stronger.

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Honestly not dissin brooklyn im from NY originally but the NJ Ultraspec has been drawing decent and shock can coordinate with anyone and set something up , it is far but no parking problems,, can carpool and whatnot , drinks are allowed its in the middle of nowhere, injustice seems to do very well here

i dont think it is injustice why people didnt show up , its just not easy for people to park and drive to NY

on a side note i didnt like mk9 or injustice , DOTA 2 anyone?:)

RapZiLLa54

Honestly not dissin brooklyn im from NY originally but the NJ Ultraspec has been drawing decent and shock can coordinate with anyone and set something up , it is far but no parking problems,, can carpool and whatnot , drinks are allowed its in the middle of nowhere, injustice seems to do very well here

i dont think it is injustice why people didnt show up , its just not easy for people to park and drive to NY

on a side note i didnt like mk9 or injustice , DOTA 2 anyone?:)
SwiftTomHanks and I can't wait to get back in there next year. Shame its on a three month hiatus.

jaym7018

Noob
I want a local scene in Florida, damn it. If there is one, I'm obviously too far away from it 'cause I don't know about any. :/

I'd imagine if there is one, it's probably in Miami, Orlando or other areas that are 2+ hours away from here.

Effin' Vero Beach, man. This place is all about being ass. >:|
Tampa has a decent fgc just not for NRS games. This is the main reason i never played MK. I really like injustice though so main its me my 4 buddies and online. Im not committed enough to go to anything besides CEO though as far as majors go.

theWasyl

i think im gonna head down to brothers grimm and see if they would be willing to maybe host a scene or something start small then build

RapZiLLa54

is that what shock said? im so out of the loop lol, is that because of the majors and what not happening in the next 3 months?
Yea, he doesn't want anything going on in October (yestercades event), November(something with RG) or December (NEC).

But I'll use it if you say so lol ;)

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Yea, he doesn't want anything going on in October (yestercades event), November(something with RG) or December (NEC).

But I'll use it if you say so lol ;)
hes the boss of these projects but if you got a date and people i can make it happen

haketh

Noob
The walkspeed is fine as it is. Besides if walkspeed was increased in the patch, ppl would find solething else to bitch about, for example no footsies, no antiair, wakeup is too powerfull, yada yada
So complaing about the over stupid proems the game has is bad when only one gets fixed? Please.

And yo real talk just going off streams 8otB sounds like a much better venue, the Break always seems lively and fun due to the scene there. All I ever hear about NLBC is cliques and shitty equipment.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Mk9 still exists... People still play it. Tournament wise, not as much, but there is still a decent online following for the game. I can't force anyone to like Injustice, but why bash it for its problems? Aside from superman (fuck superman), I have no problems w the game, especially after the patch.

Injustice is not MK, made by the same people. NOT MK THOUGH. Two totally different games, why compare? If anything injustice plays MOST similar to SF. If you wanna support the game, support it. If not, then why point out its flaws and claim mk9 is Sooooo much better? Move on from IGAU, I'm sure mk9 is just as fun still.

Point blank is, if u think Injustice is dying... Let it die. Find a new game until mk10 comes out. No one will care..CD Jr might get a front page thread, besides that no one will care lol. Games are made for fun, obviously there's money to be made. There will always be more money in Street fighter tho ;) ultra comes out soon!!!!!!