What's new

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge TYM Leaderboard

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hey everyone,

I'll happily admit I'm obsessed with Ninja Gaiden. While Ninja Gaiden 3 was a towering pile of zebra shit, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, a port from the Wii U, is everything the original Ninja Gaiden 3 should have been. If you haven't checked it out, there's a free downloadable demo available on PS3/360. Highly recommended.

The game releases on Tuesday, and I wanted to make a thread for fellow players to come and put up their high scores and maybe learn a thing or two.

I'll start with my current Day 2 Demo karma scores for Master Ninja difficulty:

Day 2 (Ryu's version) Master Ninja: 267,627 (Character: Ryu)
Day 2 (Ayane's version) Master Ninja: 321,423 (Character: Ryu)

I WILL POST ALL LEADERBOARD INFO I RECEIVE ON THIS FIRST POST!

Feel free to post whatever difficulty you play on and ask questions/post insights/tips.

Edit: I believe you need 230,000+ karma to S-rank these two days in the demo.

Ninj

Here's most of a post by me copied over from Scar's thread which I think people will find helpful (this only concerns the Day 2 challenges on the downloadable demo):

S-ranking/Perfecting fights involves a shit ton of block-dashing (holding block and dashing away to bait out SoB opportunities on mobs that will do it). Also a lot of Izuna Drop's (or equivilant for whichever weapon/character you're using, XYXXXY) - Izuna Dropping also builds the rage modifier, but I think it's only if you have it already...haven't really paid close attention to that.

Ayane's end room (black alchemists) has no real science to it, just tips. I save Ninpo til the first vangelf (purple monster, whatever his name is) and use it to dismember him and hope that he just leaves me alone and stays in the back, throwing fireballs sometimes. That lets you kill all of the normal white clad dudes. Once they all run out, I'll have a free quick-charge UT available, so I'll execute the vangelf then quick-charge a UT on the next two, then play it safe and throw her exploding shurikens (ayane) or exploding arrows (ryu) or use the XXYY combo (kasumi - it's a pretty safe one 'cause it teleports her away and flies at them). Once the spider-clan ninja's come at you, you reach a minicheckpoint. You wanna be sitting on Ninpo (or get Ninpo by the time you're done with the ninjas) and just Izuna Drop them all - takes 2 per, but that's what I do if I'm S-ranking. Builds combo points and I think some range multiplier. Even if not, if you're paying attention and block-dashing appropriately you won't get hit, or get hit much, so you'll get S/A ranks on health left/time for big points. You should be S/S or S/A or A/S ranking every previous fight - the 2 courtyard fights and the hallway by SoB'ing everything except the missile launcher dudes.

Edit: For the Black alchemists you either want to have Ninpo or 50%+ of your life bar so you can absorb a hit or two in order to pull off a UT charge. Other than that...just try and find the sweet spot where you can pull off a UT charge. You'll hang yourself before you beat these 3 guys by fighting them hand to hand with normal attacks.

That's all for Ayane's challenge. Her's starts easy, and gets hard. Ryu's starts hard and gets easy. Once you get to the white alchemists at the end, you've won 'cause you can just UT them over and over pretty mindlessly.

SoB'ing the 2nd set of guys in Ryu's challenge is a pain in the ass. You can also do the additional fight with all the alien monsters and SoB a ton of them if you feel confident - they red-glow a lot. Basically an additional chance to S/S rank another fight before the big arena thing. In the arena, I just Izuna Drop most things and dash jump to safe places so I can take out missile launchers as needed.

You can also jump in the air and hit B to throw shurikens at the invisible dudes and see them - all these guys are easy to Izuna Drop, they suck at blocking. The vehicle section is easy as Ayane and Ryu 'cause you can just jump in the air and throw your exploding shuriken/arrows. Only thing to watch for is getting run over - the camera (as usual) works against you here. You can use Ninpo as you see fit in Ryu's mission - I've started to not use it at all, or use it for fun as opposed to necessity for its healing.

Ninj

So I just realized there was longer kombos in Lv. 1. lol.

What kombos do you guys do? I found that 1 1 F1 1 2 is really good since it teleports you for a bit, kausing some attacks to wiff.

Also what's your strategy against the Bike Guys. On lower difficulties I was just arrowing them but now on Master Ninja I decided to try to Guillotine Throw them but that wasn't working for some reason. Don't know why...
As Ryu or Ayane, I jump and right trigger to throw explosive kunai/explosive arrows. Super easy once you get it down.

Kasumi is more difficult because her projectile sucks vs these. I found the best way with her is to do the Flying Swallow technique. it only takes a couple per bike but it can be tough to land.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
As Ryu or Ayane, I jump and right trigger to throw explosive kunai/explosive arrows. Super easy once you get it down.

Kasumi is more difficult because her projectile sucks vs these. I found the best way with her is to do the Flying Swallow technique. it only takes a couple per bike but it can be tough to land.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Kool. Jumping projectile was the first thing I did, must've angled it wrong.

Flying Swallow was actually my first thought. Used to abuse the shit out of that move in NGS1. lol... But I wanted to try something different this time for some reason.

Ninj

Kool. Jumping projectile was the first thing I did, must've angled it wrong.

Flying Swallow was actually my first thought. Used to abuse the shit out of that move in NGS1. lol... But I wanted to try something different this time for some reason.
It's not nearly as powerful as it used to be in NG1, nor from NG2. NG2 you could ezmode win Master Ninja with the claws by Flying Swallow into the air juggle into the Izuna Drop...you basically couldn't lose with Claws. And enemies never blocked it for some reason.

I find a ton of shit blocks the Flying Swallow in NG3. Which I like.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It's not nearly as powerful as it used to be in NG1, nor from NG2. NG2 you could ezmode win Master Ninja with the claws by Flying Swallow into the air juggle into the Izuna Drop...you basically couldn't lose with Claws. And enemies never blocked it for some reason.

I find a ton of shit blocks the Flying Swallow in NG3. Which I like.
That's good. That's the main reason I didn't want to use it. It really was easy mode. I wanted a challenge..

Ninj

That's good. That's the main reason I didn't want to use it. It really was easy mode. I wanted a challenge..
Yeah from what I've found so far you pretty much have to know the most efficient way to beat each enemy. Naturally Master Ninja is going to throw as many weird combinations of monsters at you as possible to fuck with your ability to do that...or that's what I'm hoping, at least.

Too bad for them I'll have level 3 everything when I get it tomorrow. Hayoo!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah from what I've found so far you pretty much have to know the most efficient way to beat each enemy. Naturally Master Ninja is going to throw as many weird combinations of monsters at you as possible to fuck with your ability to do that...or that's what I'm hoping, at least.

Too bad for them I'll have level 3 everything when I get it tomorrow. Hayoo!
Haha..

I don't think that'll be bad for them. They're still getting your money. lol.