What's new

General/Other - Nimble 'Nimble' variation combos and discussion

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
I got the following damage counts (Will upload videos probably tonight or by tuesday)

Using Nimble variation

With Forward 4,1,2 starter
39% 1 Bar Midscreen (Corner Carry)
41% 1 Bar Corner
30% Meterless

With Forward 2,1 starter
35% 1 Bar Midscreen
working on corner combo still

From Back 2 (10frame overhead starter)
26% 1 Bar Midscreen
35% 1 Bar Corner

Sorry I have no videos up right now. As said above, I will be uploading later on tonight or tomorrow

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
As many people know by now just by looking at Reptile's framedata and moveset, Reptile is very different from his MK9 version. I was discussing some ideas for combos with @Milkman and found that with the trait active you have a lot more possibilities in terms of how to start a juggle

With the 'Nimble' variation you can end up having different combo starters without meter and in a way is more reminiscent of the type of pressure/combos that Reptile had in MK9 (at least from a short amount of testing). With 'Nimble' Reptile can use a low and overhead combo starter that is not possible without the slowdown (I think). From the combos I've seen so far posted on here, they seem to be reliant on meter so I wanted to come up with some possible combos that do not use meter.

Skip to 1:47 I am new to using the shareplay recording thing so at the time I didn't know when it started recording or not, skip to that timestamp because the rest of the video is me failing. B3, 4 becomes a combo starter without meter- which I do not think is possible without Nimble. Maybe it is if you incorporate run- I am not too sure but at least with Nimble it won't cost any stamina/meter.

30% no meter (I think 32 with JIP)
B3, 4, F4, 1, 2, elbow dash whiff, NJP, F2, 1, slide

Skip to :08. This instead starts with B2 which is an overhead.

22% no meter
B2, F4, 1, 2, elbow dash whiff, NJP, B4, 1, 2

I'm not the best at creating combos but found these fairly easily. F3, fast forceball (no EX) also works as a starter with Nimble (works with EX without Nimble). Wanted to create this thread specifically for Nimble related combos and tactics and to post some vids people can use as a reference when trying to discover their own combos.

30% no meter (I think 32 with JIP)
B3, 4, F4, 1, 2, elbow dash whiff, NJP, F2, 1, slide

Skip to :08. This instead starts with B2 which is an overhead.

22% no meter
B2, F4, 1, 2, elbow dash whiff, NJP, B4, 1, 2
(I think you mean F4, 1, 2. Not B4, 1, 2)

*Deleted everything I said before.*

For slow-mo combos just convert into a bunch of slides and end in f412 xx slide for damage and f211+3 for a hard knockdown, the damage difference is only 2%. Does more damage than everything else afaik and has a shit ton of corner carry. Also, 4 slides seem to be the max and is pretty easy to do.

Last edited:

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Posted this in the other thread, but since is the Nimble variation thread, figured I would post them here as well. As I said in the other thread, this can totally be built off of big time. This is just what I came up with this morning and I have already gotten more damage. More videos soon!

Nimble 42% Reptile combo:

Nimble 35% Reptile combo:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Once you get into the corner, juggle with 3. It leads to some of the best damage Nimble can get.

Plop

Noob
What's the best way to set slo-mo up? Anyone else think it's annoying that you can't block?

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
What's the best way to set slo-mo up? Anyone else think it's annoying that you can't block?
I think for the most part you need to use it as part of a combo for it to be useful. I did it a few times after a knockdown and would not yield good results to say the least. I ate an xray once because of it lol

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Any tips on getting the 1st slide out after the slow down? Seems very strict in timing it right in the lab, online would be a nightmare.

I think for the most part you need to use it as part of a combo for it to be useful. I did it a few times after a knockdown and would not yield good results to say the least. I ate an xray once because of it lol
Surely there are bound to be some places you can use it other than a combo? I've had the same bad luck after a knock down. Maybe after you shoot a force ball? How positive is acid spit on hit? Enough time to get dd3 out?