What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Greenz91

d1 d1 d1 d1 d1
Following the popularity of Scorpion lately, I would like to know how you fellow Dick players deal with him...I for one have not had such a bad time against him because I haven't played against a truly good Scorp player, but it seems to me that mobility is key in this MU

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Following the popularity of Scorpion lately, I would like to know how you fellow Dick players deal with him...I for one have not had such a bad time against him because I haven't played against a truly good Scorp player, but it seems to me that mobility is key in this MU

Get into staff stance ASAP. Prepare to d1 and flying grayson if you can read the hellfire. I'll have more MU experience after this week, a buddy of mine is going to have a pocket Scorpion to deal with someone who picks Scorpion. After all Scorp v Scorp is a 5-5 and the only character who can actually press buttons liberally against Scorpion is another Scorpion.

AssassiN

Noob
That's a problem of mine, I play Scorpion as a secondary but I don't know any good Scorpions. I kinda know what to do against him through lab-time, but still need that experience.

In other news: I hate the NW-Superman MU.

NightwingDayZero

Seriously, what do we do against KF's wake up Black Ice (slide)?

I've tried all of our jumping normals in both stances. Nothing seems to stuff it.

Any KF matchup knowledge. Someone enlighten me.

Saitsu

Noob
At a distance, Flying Grayson should beat it out. Early j1 might work too in Staff.

Other than that, block and d1 in Staff. MAKE SURE YOU JUST BLOCK AFTER THE SECOND BLOCKED SLIDE. 9 times out of 10 a good KF will parry after getting blocked Slide, d1 xx Slide interrupted. If she does this and you read it, free punish.

AssassiN

Noob
Some other patch news.
Scorpion's MB Teleport is punishable with NW in both stances, but you have to be fast since it's only -8. You cannot delay it. In Escrima you can get it started with 1~Escrima Fury and in Staff Stance with D1~Ground Pound MB.

Killer Frost players are going to be crying. Her trait cancels have been severely nerfed. On block she could do 111~Trait cancel and it would be plus enough for her mix-ups. Now you can just jump to get away, she is still + but it ain't much. Same thing on hit, she has to cut her combo's short for guaranteed mix-ups. KF players will have to NJ2 after Command Grab MB and then input the mix-up instead of F112~Trait Cancel.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Seriously, what do we do against KF's wake up Black Ice (slide)?

I've tried all of our jumping normals in both stances. Nothing seems to stuff it.

Any KF matchup knowledge. Someone enlighten me.

You can NJ her wakeup just to check it, if she slides, 113 into full combo.

In Staff mode, you are going to have to b3 on a read on her wakeup. Jb1 sometimes works but the arc on it can make it tricky.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
am I the only one who thinks you can block KF's 50/50s on reaction?
I used to block scorpion's 50/50s on reaction in MK9, and i checked the frame data, scorpion's F4 and B2 are faster than KF's slide and F3.

I never actually tried doing that but KF is my 2nd character and i dont play against any KF players so it might be harder than I think but I actually think its doable.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Oh man, d2 feels way better from what I was messing around with. Hopefully it's as good as my first impression.

I also think you can react to KF high/low. It's not even that bad once you play the matchup for a while. After blocking level 3 X factor Vergil, everything is easier though.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Oh man, d2 feels way better from what I was messing around with. Hopefully it's as good as my first impression.

I also think you can react to KF high/low. It's not even that bad once you play the matchup for a while. After blocking level 3 X factor Vergil, everything is easier though.

Staff D2 is insanely good now btw.

Escrima D2 is much better as well, but dat Staff d2 has a jisjointed hitbox so way less risk...I can't seem to get any decent damage out of it tho :(

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Yeah I was talking more about staff d2 than escrima. It's a very weird looking aa, but it was bodying DD splash and working against Batman's j2. Every other characters d2 that I messed with seemed much better also. It'll be interesting to see how this changes some matchups.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The disjointed properties of it and the new buff make it very good. If anyone can find some decent damage from it, that would be awesome. I can get 26% off the escrima d2, but I am looking at basically D2~staff spin for a staff AA

AssassiN

Noob
It sucks to find a good AA combo for Staff D2. D2~4~Escrima Fury whiffs at the max distance of D2, same story with D2, D2~Ground Pound MB(also whiffs if first D2 is too low) and D2, D1 as well.

I've found a consistent 35% combo but you have to spend 2 bars: D2~BB MB, J2, 3, 1~Flying Grayson.

Anyone else having any luck?

NightwingDayZero

Let's actually not.

Sent from the Batcave
Reptile projectiles which if jumped over can be MB'd for massive combo
Reptile dash which can be paired with slow fireball to catch jumping opponents
Parry to stop overheads and mids
Our wake up options defeated by ground laser.

And if we somehow manage to break through his defenses - he can always activate trait and ensure we don't press buttons.

I'm not typically the one to scream "the sky is falling", but it does look a bit shaky up there.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
KombatNerd

I've noticed that the Lex matchup only has "day 1 info" in it. I'd like to add the following for anyone that does have trouble with a good Lex player:

Stay in Escrima stance. Wingdings and MB Wingdings will destroy his armor in one shot. Expect to spend most of the match in the air for an easy win.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Reptile projectiles which if jumped over can be MB'd for massive combo
Reptile dash which can be paired with slow fireball to catch jumping opponents
Parry to stop overheads and mids
Our wake up options defeated by ground laser.

And if we somehow manage to break through his defenses - he can always activate trait and ensure we don't press buttons.

I'm not typically the one to scream "the sky is falling", but it does look a bit shaky up there.

Well he has to commit to the meter burn from what I dabbled with in training mode. He can't do it on reaction like Lantern with his missile. The matchup is going to involve some blocking, yeah, but Nightwing has required that since forever because our wakeup isn't amazing nd our AAs used to not be that good. Parries...Idk why that's the sign of a bad matchup. That just means if he can make a good read he's rewarded. His trait I'll give you, that could prove troublesome, but we haven't seen enough yet.

Like I'm not going to theory-fight on a Day 1 character, that's just pointless. I'm just saying let's not jump to conclusions about anything. Give it a few weeks. Heck, maybe a few months.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Also, Zod cannot control his trait monster while he's getting hit or in blockstun. He's not going to stop any good Nightwing from pressing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.