What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeckolasBone

You don't mess with ze Bi Han!
This forum Is so universal It's unreal. The whole superman players are just better players argument?........wow. Sajam Is the shit and should be praised for the chapter he wrote about It. I realized more stuff about the mountain climb task that Is beating superman with this character than ANY other thread on this site, and I dont even play NW. I thank nrs for Louis Lincoln.

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
i can agree with Sajam

When u truly understand the NW vs Supes, u begin to see how big the gap is between both characters. i practice this match up everyday and practice set ups, spacing, proper zoning, etc. In the end the gap is still so frustrating and annoying lol Playing against a very solid Supes player that knows the match up is heart breaking, i still try my best to learn more about this match up but overall its a tough battle for NW. i feel like u have to over think in this match up, which is terrible. By the time u get half screen while trying to get in too, now u have to be aware of supes mid screen game. one bad dash and u can eat a F23, into whatever supes wants. Its to the point sometimes during the match where I'm terrified to press anything due to principles of the match up. ok im done

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I never said Superman players are better than anybody, I explained that the matchup shouldn't be winnable against strong players. When discussing matchups, I'm trying to keep those kinds of players in mind. If you want to try and sling insults indirectly, and then be upset when I give you answers to everything you said, then maybe a public forum on the internet isn't the best place to spend your time.

I explained that when I lost, I sat down and studied the matchup extensively. How does that imply that I'm a sore loser? When I lose I go home and break down the parts of a matchup I understand, the parts that I don't, and the parts I thought I knew. The day after I lost to Supes, I broke down a bunch of stuff for beating him. I wasn't upset with losing, I sat down and worked to win at the matchup.

Did I say I played the best Supes/Grundy/Chun Li/Vergil player? No, I broke down the matchups against strong players. It had nothing to do with them being the "best" at anything. I cited the player to show that I've had experience with more than just your average player, and so I feel comfortable talking about the matchup. I wouldn't talk about it if I didn't. I don't have a bad attitude towards the matchup, I just understand how it works. Nobody is perfect, and I never said the matchup couldn't be won, did I? I said it was hard to win, and it is. I have no sour attitude about the matchup, and I don't go in expecting to lose. I go in like I do with every matchup, trying to remember everything I can about the matchup, and playing my best to win.

I wouldn't be competiting in the game if I had low confidence/expectations. I play my best everytime I play, and everytime I lose I try to level up the best I can. Keep in mind that just because you disagree with me on matchups, doesn't justify trying to insult me as a player or a person.

This was about the Superman matchup, and you turned it into a contest about insulting me and the way I play the game. If I spent the time I'm sure I could say a lot worse, but I'm not going to because it has no place here. If you a problem with me personally then feel free to PM me, but in the meantime remember that I'm not in the Superman/BA/Batman forums trying to learn a new character. I'm here to stay, and I'm doing my best to make this character work.
Don't take it so hard Sajam, I am questioning you attitude and lack of patience towards the match-up because I don't believe I seen you at your full potential yet.

It's quite obvious to understand that Superman has his priorities and tools to shut down NW.
Why should every NW player have a cloud of their heads over this ? How does anyone level up with that attitude? That was my main message and it still hasn't be been confronted.

Looks like you're too sensitive to take criticism. In your mind, you come here and say you can't win against Superman, it doesn't mean you lack confidence in the match-up or you if you quit the match-up after losing and being unable to find a solution against Superman, it doesn't mean you're taking the loss sorely. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Don't take it personal, if you have trouble doing that then a public forum isn't the best place to spend your time.
If you got a lot worse to say about me, then don't be passive aggressive about because that's just call bluffing. I'm not a tournament player and I don't take this seriously or personal to your level...I actually enjoy criticism, so try your best.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
i can agree with Sajam

When u truly understand the NW vs Supes, u begin to see how big the gap is between both characters. i practice this match up everyday and practice set ups, spacing, proper zoning, etc. In the end the gap is still so frustrating and annoying lol Playing against a very solid Supes player that knows the match up is heart breaking, i still try my best to learn more about this match up but overall its a tough battle for NW. i feel like u have to over think in this match up, which is terrible. By the time u get half screen while trying to get in too, now u have to be aware of supes mid screen game. one bad dash and u can eat a F23, into whatever supes wants. Its to the point sometimes during the match where I'm terrified to press anything due to principles of the match up. ok im done

I think all Nightwing players can agree on this peacefully.

I was referring to Comic's outlook on Nightwing have a chance.
If there is fear of losing, then losing will be evitable...I'm sure you played some great matches and did everything you needed to do but still ended up losing over some BS.

Can we agree that has happen to all of us? I just don't want to see anyone give up on this match-up like that.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think some of you seem to be jumping the gun on my posts...

I didn't say we should all run to another character...I said it's a bad matchup. Because it is.

I honestly believe supermen and Gl's are the only reason we don't see more nightwings in tournament top 8's.

At the highest level it's just a Nightmare. We have to work our little wing dinged ass off while he can do whatever he wants. It's not a terrible thing to have a bad matchup...and I am not saying don't try to work at it...I am saying that we shouldn't be fooling ourselves into thinking it's a 5-5 or a 4-6...because it isn't. Can Nightwing win? Yea sure he can, but he is going to have to make a fuck ton of good reads compared to super derp.

For all of you saying 'I can't believe you are just accepting that it's bad and we shouldn't practice it" Show me where I said don't practice it? Stop trying to read into shit more than what I am posting.

It's a hard matchup. If you don't believe that, than you play shitty superman, and even those are hard matchups lol

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
It's not about not leveling up...It's about knowing that that particular matchup is just harder for NW than others...Superman has all the tools to negate Nightwing. It just is what it is.

Okay, let's understand how hard Superman is.

Okay, understood.

Where do we go from there now?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Okay, let's understand how hard Superman is.

Okay, understood.

Where do we go from there now?

You try to find ways around it, but there aren't really any. Full screen there is, but anywhere after that Nightwing is going to have a hard time. After the patch it may not be so bad who knows, but right now, supes can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Noob
You try to find ways around it, but there aren't really any. Full screen there is, but anywhere after that Nightwing is going to have a hard time. After the patch it may not be so bad who knows, but right now, supes can pretty much do whatever he wants.
honestly i dont thing they are really going to mess around to much with Superman... he is a posterchild for WB and DC so i dunno... the changes might not even be that overwellming enoutht aht the matchup will get better...

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think some of you seem to be jumping the gun on my posts...

I didn't say we should all run to another character...I said it's a bad matchup. Because it is.

I honestly believe supermen and Gl's are the only reason we don't see more nightwings in tournament top 8's.

At the highest level it's just a Nightmare. You have to work our little wing dinged ass off while he can do whatever he wants. It's not a terrible thing to have a bad matchup...and I am not saying don't try to work at it...I am saying that we shouldn't be fooling ourselves into thinking it's a 5-5 or a 4-6...because it isn't. Can Nightwing win? Yea sure he can, but he is going to have to make a fuck ton of good reads compared to super derp.

For all of you saying 'I can't believe you are just accepting that it's bad and we shouldn't practice it" Show me where I said don't practice it? Stop trying to read into shit more than what I am posting.

It's a hard matchup. If you don't believe that, than you play shitty superman, and even those are hard matchups lol

No one disagreed that Superman is a hard match-up. It's been said, it's been co-signed. Whenever you want to get over it will be up to you.

I invite you to not assume what kind of Superman people played if you never played them yourself. No one is doing it to, so you look pretty silly doing it to others. Even average level Supes can get over with some wild nonsense, I don't see us disagreeing on that.

I'm asking what does the future hold for this match-up.

Is it over already?

Look, I don't play tournaments because I got a dedication to amateur boxing but on my spare time I try my best to spend working on my Nightwing as much as possible. You can ask KombatNerd himself. I'll try to come with a solution even though Sajam has tried everything apparently, but I'll still try because I don't want to be here just yapping and not doing anything about it and invite everyone to not give up on this match-up because history indicates it isn't in NW's favor.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
No one disagreed that Superman is a hard match-up. It's been said, it's been co-signed. Whenever you want to get over it will be up to you.

I invite you to not assume what kind of Superman people played if you never played them yourself. No one is doing it to, so you look pretty silly doing it to others. Even average level Supes can get over with some wild nonsense, I don't see us disagreeing on that.

Is it over already?

Look, I don't play tournaments because I got a dedication to amateur boxing but on my spare time I try my best to spend working on my Nightwing as much as possible. You can ask KombatNerd himself. I'll try to come with a solution even though Sajam has tried everything apparently, but I'll still try because I don't want to be here just yapping and not doing anything about it and invite everyone to not give up on this match-up because history indicates it isn't in NW's favor.

I am confused. All I said was that Superman was a hard matchup and we had to accept that. After that, you and you alone did all the assuming. Don't believe me? Go back and read the posts in sequence.

It's never "over". That is a value or definition that we cannot truly assign. At this point in time, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot more to dig into with that matchup. Nightwing just doesn't have to tools to really deal with Superman, but a lot of the cast has that exact same problem.

Noob

Is it over already?

hmmm i have been playing some of the best Supermans in EU server since im in europe atm.. and honestly even tho its not in NWs favor i think there are many styles of NW, some ppl might play him in a way that really doesnt favor that matchup to well =S i for one give most of the EU supermans a runf or their money, not to say that im any kind of prodigy child of NW or anything, im just good enouth to be a good NW but i think some styles of NW can really play some mind games around superman...

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Don't take it so hard Sajam, I am questioning you attitude and lack of patience towards the match-up because I don't believe I seen you at your full potential yet.

It's quite obvious to understand that Superman has his priorities and tools to shut down NW.
Why should every NW player have a cloud of their heads over this ? How does anyone level up with that attitude? That was my main message and it still hasn't be been confronted.

Looks like you're too sensitive to take criticism. In your mind, you come here and say you can't win against Superman, it doesn't mean you lack confidence in the match-up or you if you quit the match-up after losing and being unable to find a solution against Superman, it doesn't mean you're taking the loss sorely. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Don't take it personal, if you have trouble doing that then a public forum isn't the best place to spend your time.
If you got a lot worse to say about me, then don't be passive aggressive about because that's just call bluffing. I'm not a tournament player and I don't take this seriously or personal to your level...I actually enjoy criticism, so try your best.
It's sort of difficult to understand you trying to call people out for not leveling up, and the mentioning that you don't take this game as seriously as myself or anybody else. Myself and others have given you are thoughts on the matchup, and explained how difficult in can be. Nobody said to counter pick/give up/cry/etc, everybody gave you opinions and explained the relevant options that NW has. Myself and others have put in the time, and have the ability to explain the matchup to the best of our collective knowledge. If that isn't satisfactory, maybe you should try to do something besides demand that the NW community levels up.

Saying a matchup is difficult doesn't mean I quit going in to it. I explained that I never play a matchup like I can't win it, and I play 100% every time. Do I understand that matchups are difficult? Of course, but I give it my all when grinding/playing/studying each matchup. I've done write ups on here and in PM's for some of NW's harder matchups, and I have no problem helping you break down any if you need them.

Multiple people have explained this to you, but if you need a question answered that isn't an attempt to name call/trash talk me then I'd be fine to answer it to the best of my ability. Hopefully my write ups have been satisfactory enough, because I'm off to bed now.

Hopefully the Dick community sticks around, get it?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Also, nobody has ever said NW/Supes is 10-0 in his favor.

Until somebody says that, I don't think anybody has given up on the matchup.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
hmmm i have been playing some of the best Supermans in EU server since im in europe atm.. and honestly even tho its not in NWs favor i think there are many styles of NW, some ppl might play him in a way that really doesnt favor that matchup to well =S i for one give most of the EU supermans a runf or their money, not to say that im any kind of prodigy child of NW or anything, im just good enouth to be a good NW but i think some styles of NW can really play some mind games around superman...

Christ, well I wish EU servers linked up with the ones here in the US. You got any footage of your NW?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I will always stick around this community. I Love the NW community, very cool peoples. does anybody think they will buff Escrima?
Sajam
TakeAChance
NightwingDayZero
The only buffs I would want are forward dash recovery to be better, and backdash to be better for escrima. Besides that, I don't think he needs anything else.

Mobility is the key to footsies in Injustice, and more of it will only help NW.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
If that isn't satisfactory, maybe you should try to do something besides demand that the NW community levels up.

Saying a matchup is difficult doesn't mean I quit going in to it. I explained that I never play a matchup like I can't win it, and I play 100% every time. Do I understand that matchups are difficult? Of course, but I give it my all when grinding/playing/studying each matchup. I've done write ups on here and in PM's for some of NW's harder matchups, and I have no problem helping you break down any if you need them.

Multiple people have explained this to you, but if you need a question answered that isn't an attempt to name call/trash talk me then I'd be fine to answer it to the best of my ability. Hopefully my write ups have been satisfactory enough, because I'm off to bed now.

Hopefully the Dick community sticks around, get it?

I'm trying to level up myself and find solutions to the Superman problem too.

Multiple people explained to me that Superman is difficult, but it wasn't needed I understood this two months ago.
I didn't see the point in ending it at that.

Enjoy your nap, don't be so uptight it's good to know you play the game hard, but we don't need to know it in every post. I think everyone knows that already man.

Noob
Christ, well I wish EU servers linked up with the ones here in the US. You got any footage of your NW?
sorry bro im in traveling arrangements i have very little with me =S... and yeah man PSN on that account really suffers cause atm i have no ability to play my US friends and the best EU guys around i play them every day but i mean i play them so much that we got each others number so its usually mind game after mind games...but if Superman is on offence yeah its ruff for NW... i mean your defence has to be on POINT!!!

to the best of my ability i mean i try to stay on his face all the time, thats the way i see the matchup being in my favor cause NW can be at a distance where his confurtable and still be able to pressure Superman without getting hit by wakeups or F23... but this match up is a lot of footsie based for NW in my opinion... tho something i learned is that you have to be in range to hint him but he cannot be in range to get you with a F2... cause if NW tries to challlenge Supermans F2 he will lose 90% of the time

Noob
Please let d1 be a low haha that would be sweeeeeet
i think that would make NW really really strong... it seems like a little thing to be honest be its actually a huge deal... if eel NW is very fine as is.. he is very balanced ofc i would change some stuff around to make him betteer but then again im totally biased here LOL

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
i think that would make NW really really strong... it seems like a little thing to be honest be its actually a huge deal... if eel NW is very fine as is.. he is very balanced ofc i would change some stuff around to make him betteer but then again im totally biased here LOL

Just give NW's Supes F23 and GL's B13.

Status
Not open for further replies.