What's new

Tech Nightwing corner vortex (ludicrously messed up)

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Why would you give up a guaranteed 1 bar 50% combo for a mixup that can be tech rolled, woken up out of, and potentially corner yourself?

Tech is tech though right?

I may sound like an asshole but it just doesn't make any sense to me why staff stance Nightwing would give up the corner for any reason.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Why would you give up a guaranteed 1 bar 50% combo for a mixup that can be tech rolled, woken up out of, and potentially corner yourself?

I may sound like an asshole but it just doesn't make any sense to me why staff stance Nightwing would give up the corner for any reason.
Nah Joe, I was thinking the same thing.

But this is still interesting, gives us options to work from and we may discover from this tech I'm sure a lot of people are going to play around with it, but I'm just like you I'll go for the guarantee.

NightwingDayZero

Nah Joe, I was thinking the same thing.

But this is still interesting, gives us options to work from and we may discover from this tech I'm sure a lot of people are going to play around with it, but I'm just like you I'll go for the guarantee.
If the mixup costs a bar already - why not just complete your combo and MB F3 their wakeup?

That way you're getting garaunteed 50% and the real mixup is whether their wakeup gets F3'd or not.

And even if the MB F3 doesn't connect you're still sitting on +frames.

Cool tech, but it's too risky for my tastes.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

I'm not being argumentative or saying this in an ass-hole tone: Your argument is used against every mix-up tech that's ever been created. The straight-up damage is great, you're right - situationally. Just like how a series of mix-ups, situationally, are also very powerful. There are so many variables to a fight that the higher volume and higher quality of tools you have at your character's disposal, the better plays you can make given a wider range of scenarios.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Well if you take a sec to think about it, usually when you do a staff spin combo in the corner it's usually the ender. After staff spin you usually do d2 staff spin again (unless I missed a big chunk in my bnbs). You basically sacrificing an extra 6-7% for a mix up. Plus, nobody said you have to give up the corner

NightwingDayZero

If it works for you guys more power to you. I'll give it a few shots mid match and see how it works for me but I just cant wrap my head around dropping a 50% combo.

Thanks for posting it and being positive contributors!

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I'm not being argumentative or saying this in an ass-hole tone: Your argument is used against every mix-up tech that's ever been created. The straight-up damage is great, you're right - situationally. Just like how a series of mix-ups, situationally, are also very powerful. There are so many variables to a fight that the higher volume and higher quality of tools you have at your character's disposal, the better plays you can make given a wider range of scenarios.
I think Joe is mostly concerned about position on the map and where the opponent will land after a combo. If NW can keep his guy in the corner in staff to cause hell, thats where the money is, taking the opponent out the corner basically makes NW start over everything he worked for.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Kinda hard to time correctly. either that or I suck. tryin to find a more consistent way to do this. Love it tho.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Kinda hard to time correctly. either that or I suck. tryin to find a more consistent way to do this. Love it tho.
Like previously said, I found that the nj2 is actually character specific, I'll post a vid in a few minutes to show how to do it. But like @NightwingDayZero said, you don't want to lose corner control, so the cross up nj2 I wouldn't use it that much

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Like previously said, I found that the nj2 is actually character specific, I'll post a vid in a few minutes to show how to do it. But like @NightwingDayZero said, you don't want to lose corner control, so the cross up nj2 I wouldn't use it that much
I understand. just the setup I don't see working unless u show your opponent the cross up is possible. Otherwise there would be no point in blocking cross up.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
pretty sure he needs it since he hasn't made a top 8 in a while if I'm not mistaken

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I understand. just the setup I don't see working unless u show your opponent the cross up is possible. Otherwise there would be no point in blocking cross up.
Yea I know, I've been trying to figure out a way to do that nj2 cross up and get back in the corner, been at work tho, just got home so I'll try to find something

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Alright, here's the updated version guys. And forget what I said about it being character specific, the timing is just very tricky.

The main difference here is that I realized you can pull this of with a b1, so we don't need the MB staff spin d1 anymore. Obviously you can still tech roll and wake up. I also found how you can keep the corner control after the cross up nj2.

Nj2 d1 ground pound foward dash 11.... Staff spin (or b1 for the same setup)

It basically leads back into itself.

The good thing is that we don't have to worry about meter consumption and losing corner control. Hope this will help you guys out.

Oh! And the timing is a bit odd, sometimes nj2 whiffs so you need to practice your timing. Good luck!

Please tag the NW players, I don't want to forget anyone..

Last edited:

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Alright, here's the updated version guys. And forget what I said about it being character specific, the timing is just very tricky.

Please tag the NW players, I don't want to forget anyone..
Now THIS I can work with

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Damn, that looks sweet as hell. I'm a big fan of multiple standing 1's in the corner. :)

Off topic: @GAMETIME watch both of them. The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. They are both good.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I saw this, I didnt test it on Black Adam yet but I think the 360 hitbox on that lightning cage makes life shitty for this tech.
I mean it's obviously not foolproof lol. Obviously some characters can easily wake up, but it's just something else to create a mixup. The cool thing is that it leads to other setups