What's new

New to TYM - Life long MK player, Tournament Competitive

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I'm 29 years old and have been playing MK since MK1. As a teenager I competed in local MK2/Mk3/UMK3 tournaments, but couldn't get excited about any title in the MK series aside from Trilogy on the N64. That has been my go-to MK game since it's release.

Obviously I fell away from tournament competition due to not following the series, but this game is what I have been waiting on for over a decade. I am competing this weekend in the Long Beach, CA tournament and also next month at E3's reveLAtions tournament. On that note - 1 interesting thing about myself - I am a Producer in the video game industry (I have worked on several big MMORPG's) here in Orange County.

I do play online on the PS3 under the screen name of CaliMaestro (you can google the name CaliMaestro to see some of what I have done in the game industry if you are interested) and as of yesterday was ranked 33. I do realize that playing online and being ranked doesn't mean much, but I still find it to be a great way to see what characters my friends and I do not use can do in human vs. human match. My training partners (co-workers) and I spent hours and hours each week getting ready for the tournament scene.

Can't wait to see you guys out there!

-CaliMaestro

Hit me up on PSN. Tag is PunchYaFace. I'm always looking for good comp. Don't have much where I live. So most has to be online.