What's new

New to Town

BigMac

Noob
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Ive been playing MK as long as I can remember and have loved it my entire life. I have never been the type of gamer that gets overly competitive with fighting games, but I want to change that and become better at MK as ive followed the series my entire life and feel that the 360 is the first step for me.

Now, just so everyone knows, MK is basically my first fighting game and I never really strayed away from that. Im coming into this game with no SSF, Tekken or any other fighting game experience (other than maybe a match here or there with friends), so im basically starting at scratch.

Hopefully this site can lend itself to my learning as ive heard its one of the best!

Look forward to reading the forums and learning along the way. :D

Also, just as a first question, how do people go about choosing a character(s). Ive gravitated towards Ermac because he has been one of my favorites forever and I know a good amount of his combos, etc. I also want to start with one character until im proficient in the terminology and style of this game, but I definitely want to experiment with other characters and such. So basically my question boils down to: How does everyone recommend I go about learning? Focus on Ermac for now then learn others later or just start learning multiple now?

Any help would be appreciated and I hope to see everyone around the forums!

Also, just as a first question, how do people go about choosing a character(s). Ive gravitated towards Ermac because he has been one of my favorites forever and I know a good amount of his combos, etc. I also want to start with one character until im proficient in the terminology and style of this game, but I definitely want to experiment with other characters and such. So basically my question boils down to: How does everyone recommend I go about learning? Focus on Ermac for now then learn others later or just start learning multiple now?

Any help would be appreciated and I hope to see everyone around the forums!
Welcome to the site youll find everything you need here.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Take advantage of Ohio, you're fortunate. Good local scene there, don't take online seriously, always take it with a grain of salt because it sucks.

BigMac

Noob
Thanks everyone! Glad to be here where I can really interact with people who are closest to the game and MK scene in general.

Take advantage of Ohio, you're fortunate. Good local scene there, don't take online seriously, always take it with a grain of salt because it sucks.
What kinds of things are in Ohio? I have yet to attend any tournaments or events but would love to. What kinds of events are held that you guys can recommend attending to start getting into the scene more?(Dates, places and any important info would really help me plan)

I'm sure you'll do fine with Ermac on his own. He's a pretty solid combo character with a lot of offensive and defensive options.

However, best tip with other characters is to try them, practice a few combos, take them into Ladder Mode, and see how they work for you.
Do they feel right? Are their attacks and priorities to your liking? Is the learning curve for them adequate to how much you like them?

Hell, I hated Sub-Zero in past MKs, and adore him here. It's all about your willingness to try them all out.

BigMac

Noob
I'm sure you'll do fine with Ermac on his own. He's a pretty solid combo character with a lot of offensive and defensive options.

However, best tip with other characters is to try them, practice a few combos, take them into Ladder Mode, and see how they work for you.
Do they feel right? Are their attacks and priorities to your liking? Is the learning curve for them adequate to how much you like them?

Hell, I hated Sub-Zero in past MKs, and adore him here. It's all about your willingness to try them all out.
Thanks! Ill be sure to test out other characters while im learning. Ive been leaning towards maybe trying Quan-Chi to see how I like him. Also, ive always been a huge fan of Noob, but ive heard that in this MK hes more stand-offish and effective from far away given his shadow moves? Not sure. Also really wanted to try out Smoke.

Looking forward to finding my strengths in terms of characters. Thanks guys!